Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

How do you make the hate stop?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1    Jeffertonturner

Jeffertonturner

Hero Squad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

• I may not be the smartest, or the best looking, or the most successful but...what was I saying? I'm depressed.

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:30 PM

Something has become very clear for me today. I feel it is a step forward but I am not quite there.
I often fight with the right wing/conservative side. Their hate makes me very upset and I react badly. But it just occured to me, I have become to hate them for the same reasons that they hate who they hate. I know they hate me and my views, so I hate them back. Am I different? No.
I don't want to hate them anymore. So my question is this. How do you drop the hate and the anger?
I need it badly.

Peace to everyone.

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

#2    notoverrated

notoverrated

O.O

• 1,244 posts

• courage > scooby

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:43 PM

just dont hate. what has hate ever brought people? KKK killed thousands of blacks and wat came out of that? the black panthers. hate breeds hate, people are more open if your not trying to shove something down their throats and telling them they are wrong you have to TALK not argue.

If your not after beauty, then why are you even drawing breath?

#3    Jeffertonturner

Jeffertonturner

Hero Squad

• 1,063 posts

• I may not be the smartest, or the best looking, or the most successful but...what was I saying? I'm depressed.

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:53 PM

View Postnotoverrated, on 16 August 2012 - 06:43 PM, said:

just dont hate. what has hate ever brought people? KKK killed thousands of blacks and wat came out of that? the black panthers. hate breeds hate, people are more open if your not trying to shove something down their throats and telling them they are wrong you have to TALK not argue.
I wish it was easy. It boils my blood, a very powerful force.

Thanks

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

#4    Biff Wellington

Biff Wellington

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:59 PM

I was like that once.  Now I have learner that is easier to love than hats & it is even easier to ignore.

#5    notoverrated

notoverrated

O.O

• 1,244 posts

• courage > scooby

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:59 PM

View PostJeffertonturner, on 16 August 2012 - 06:53 PM, said:

I wish it was easy. It boils my blood, a very powerful force.

Thanks
i understand man, you will learn not to. i had the same prolblem (its worst was around 14 yrs old) now im 17 so it doesnt take tht long once you want to change.

#6    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 9,554 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:03 PM

View PostJeffertonturner, on 16 August 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

Something has become very clear for me today. I feel it is a step forward but I am not quite there.
I often fight with the right wing/conservative side. Their hate makes me very upset and I react badly. But it just occured to me, I have become to hate them for the same reasons that they hate who they hate. I know they hate me and my views, so I hate them back. Am I different? No.
I don't want to hate them anymore. So my question is this. How do you drop the hate and the anger?
I need it badly.

Peace to everyone.

You must be dealing with the extreme because I'm right/conservative and don't hate anybody.  And you could say the same about the extreme left and their hate.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#7    Mnemonix

Mnemonix

Alien Abducter

• Closed
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:18 PM

I want the hate to stop too.

#8    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,539 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:19 PM

View PostJeffertonturner, on 16 August 2012 - 06:30 PM, said:

I need it badly.

Peace to everyone.

So what you're saying is, when some people express views that do not align with yours, those views are 'hate', yes? I don't 'hate' anybody, (Even people that call me a 'xenophobic pig!)  I'm just concerned when I see the slow, inexorable advance of a medieval, repressive belief system across my country unopposed (no - actively aided) by the powers that be!

Hate isn't a one-way street. Google 'Weyman Bennett' and enjoy a real dose of hatred!

Edited by ealdwita, 16 August 2012 - 07:23 PM.

"G a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnwan n gef!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".

"I was born with a priceless gift - the ability to laugh at other peoples' troubles" - Dame Edna Everage

#9    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,171 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:21 PM

Hate breeds hate. You just have to realize life is too short to get angry because someone thinks differently than you.

It reminds me of a Twilight Zone episode where the man wished everyone was like him because absolutely everyone annoyed him. He got his wish and found out exactly how obnoxious he was. Instead of focusing on his own faults he was blaming other people for how miserable he was.

I find, most of the time, the world gives back to you what you put out.

#10    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 4,566 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:32 PM

It does seem as though there is a growing divide between the 'Right' and the 'Left' : Conservative/Liberal... With both sides more and more refusing to meet 'in the middle'...

I blame the media mostly (but then I blame them for quite a bit of whats bad in the world today)...  They seem to feed on all the negativity - from both sides - and the people sit in front of their TV's and get 24/7 indoctrination in all the 'hate'....

I feel if more people turned off their TV's there would be less hate in the world...

#11    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,539 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:39 PM

You're probably right, Taun.

"G a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnwan n gef!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".

"I was born with a priceless gift - the ability to laugh at other peoples' troubles" - Dame Edna Everage

#12    pallidin

pallidin

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,143 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:40 PM

Hate is a part of human life. There really is no way to stop it.

For example, ever convince a conspiracy theorists of their errors? Will never happen.
That's just the sad reality. Same for hate. In fact, hate is actually a part of the CT psyche.

The best we can do is to ignore hateful people and mitigate their influence on the rest of society.

Other than that, welcome to the real world.

#13    Jeffertonturner

Jeffertonturner

Hero Squad

• 1,063 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:47 PM

View Postealdwita, on 16 August 2012 - 07:19 PM, said:

So what you're saying is, when some people express views that do not align with yours, those views are 'hate', yes? I don't 'hate' anybody, (Even people that call me a 'xenophobic pig!)  I'm just concerned when I see the slow, inexorable advance of a medieval, repressive belief system across my country unopposed (no - actively aided) by the powers that be!

Hate isn't a one-way street. Google 'Weyman Bennett' and enjoy a real dose of hatred!
I am sorry to have offended you. I speak and react to quick.

This was a peace offering.

#14    notoverrated

notoverrated

O.O

• 1,244 posts

• courage > scooby

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:49 PM

skip to about one hour in. they talk about this topic kinda.

Edited by notoverrated, 16 August 2012 - 07:50 PM.

#15    notoverrated

notoverrated

O.O

• 1,244 posts

• courage > scooby

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:52 PM

View Postpallidin, on 16 August 2012 - 07:40 PM, said:

Hate is a part of human life. There really is no way to stop it.

For example, ever convince a conspiracy theorists of their errors? Will never happen.
That's just the sad reality. Same for hate. In fact, hate is actually a part of the CT psyche.

The best we can do is to ignore hateful people and mitigate their influence on the rest of society.

Other than that, welcome to the real world.
you can always convince someone of something as long as you dont threaten them (not literally) but if they feel they are under attack they curl up and reject everything. people seriously need to learn how to talk to others you need to make people feel like they have a say and have ideas that are appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users