Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

R.I.P. MID

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#46    little_dreamer

little_dreamer

Government Agent

• 3,288 posts

• We did not understand it all, but somehow we survived.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:38 AM

R.I.P. MID.  We only communicated once or twice on a topic, but I'm sure you were a good person.

I am another anonymous face in the crowd. I am just another tiny wheel in the machinery of the world I live in.

#47    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,634 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:04 AM

View PostWaspie_Dwarf, on 15 January 2013 - 10:36 PM, said:

I did learn wonderful things from him. I am saddened that he will teach me no more.

The words of Rutger Hauer's character, Roy, in Blade Runner are running round my mind;

We are lucky that a few of MIDs "moments" will be preserved in time in the pages of this site.
We all will be as Mid would of wanted us to be, Research,endless pursuit of the facts,and Future. All smattered with his wonderful wit,and creativity ! I will think of you always. You expanded my life ! :innocent:

This is a Work in Progress!

#48    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,683 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:42 AM

Rest in peace, man...

May Odin give you a glorious afterlife.

"One leader, one people, signifies one master and millions of slaves." - Camus

#49    theSOURCE

theSOURCE

Alien Abducter

• 4,450 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:11 AM

Another shocker. I always took MID's presence here for granted and thought he'd be around forever. We never exactly saw eye to eye, but I always respected him and found his knowledge an invaluable asset to this site.

May you find peace MID.

#50    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,215 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

POPULAR

Over the last few nights I have been looking up at the crescent moon, with some sadness as I think of MID, but always with the usual tinge of awe - humankind went there!!

But down here on terra firma, it is more important to acknowledge that the only reason we made it was because of people like MID.
People with genuine knowledge.
People with genuine skills.
People with attention to detail, with determination, with old-school problem solving abilities.

As I browse over some of the ignorance that gets posted on the Interwebz - the sort of stuff that MID fought with such passion and vigour here, I wonder if our society is losing some of those skills - maybe too many of us are now just sitting at computers and naively accepting ignorance, or thinking it is funny or cool to decry some of our greatest achievements..

Maybe I'm just getting old and grumpy..  I thank heavens there are places like UM where the good fight against ignorance can continue, where the real heroes of the 'space race' like MID (and all the others that made sure Neil, Buzz, etc actually get there..) can teach those who are willing to listen and learn.

Thank you, MID - I learned much from you and your wonderful posts and passion (- and thank you UM for letting him call the odd 'spade' a bloody shovel.. :D)

When I finally get to have that cold beer with Psyche, it will be dedicated to you, MID.  And I guess you are now free to roam, so when you carefully drop by the Apollo sites and look for yourself, can you do me a favour?  Just scratch my name in the dust on one of the discarded Hasselblads - I know they are probably buggered by now, but I'd love to have one of them back here on my mantelpiece!

Finally, to MID's close friends and family - be happy and grateful - you were privileged to know a great character.  One good thing about the Internet - his contributions to this topic will live on forever.
Posted Image
Catchya round, MID.

___
All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

#51    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

View PostWaspie_Dwarf, on 15 January 2013 - 02:38 AM, said:

It is with a heavy heart that I have to report that long time UM member MID passed away on Monday 7th January. He died peacefully, surrounded by his family.

Through this site, even though we were separated by the Atlantic Ocean, I became friends with him. I will miss him.

I am sure I speak for the whole UM community when I say that our thoughts are with his family at this sad time.

I never knew MID, but with that aside, I know you and I am truly sorry you have lost a dear friend here on UM..

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#52    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 4,533 posts

• Godspeed MID

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

View PostWaspie_Dwarf, on 15 January 2013 - 02:38 AM, said:

It is with a heavy heart that I have to report that long time UM member MID passed away on Monday 7th January. He died peacefully, surrounded by his family.

Through this site, even though we were separated by the Atlantic Ocean, I became friends with him. I will miss him.

I am sure I speak for the whole UM community when I say that our thoughts are with his family at this sad time.

:cry:

He was a star

"Science is the least subjective form of deduction" ~ A. Mulder

#53    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,634 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

I will be posting a Biography About Mike "AKA MID" His wife is getting some really wonderful information and history.ASAP. Thanks to all that remembered this Man.

This is a Work in Progress!

#54    CuriousGreek

CuriousGreek

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

• Dang!

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:49 PM

I hadn't ever talked to him, but i am sad about the loss. May he Rest in Peace :(

Αν ανάμεσα σ’ όλον τον κόσμο,
νιώθεις πως δεν υπάρχουνε λύσεις,
τότε μόνο δυο μάτια μπορούνε,
να σε κάνουν να θέλεις να ζήσεις.

#55    Gaden

Gaden

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

• simple but not simple minded

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

I'm glad I decided to check in today, I wouldn't have known. Yes, it's a natural thing, but we've lost one of the great ones. MID earned my respect my very first day here, he was a great guy and a great source of information. I'm very sad right now...

I'm trying to see things from your point of view, I just can't get my head that far up my butt

#56    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,244 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

RIP MID I enjoyed reading his posts :cry: :cry:

#57    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

Only just seen this, damn.

RIP MID.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#58    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:45 PM

Wow, this man must have really educated and inspired a lot of you, to see you all post like that about him is just so amazing, and so nice to read.. A touching thread ..

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#59    keithisco

keithisco

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,934 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

POPULAR

MID - we argued a long time about the Moon Landings, were they faked? But.. as ever patient as you were, you showed me real facts, gave me real data, and I was convinced by your quiet demeanour and I apologised personally for my stupid former beliefs. What you taught me about investigating the facts has never left me, you taught me so much - I am so grateful and thankful for you being on this forum. A True voice of reason in a world of Conspiracy

MID - you might have left this plane of existence, but I cannot believe that you are not finally having the last laugh, perhaps retracing the Aopllo flights, and perhaps, just perhaps, making the USA Flag on the Moon "wave" as a a final "nod" to the Conspiracists.

My deepest condolences to your family and friends that had the pleasure of knowing you personally - I just wish that I had also had that privilege

One of a kind, you changed my life through teaching......

#60    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,309 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 17 January 2013 - 05:45 PM, said:

Wow, this man must have really educated and inspired a lot of you, to see you all post like that about him is just so amazing, and so nice to read.. A touching thread ..

Becky, indeed so.

MID was an incredibly inspirational person, both by means of his incredible knowledge and his warm personality and he has touched many a heart and mind over the years here on UM, freely sharing his vast knowledge and experience. We had a few words to his honor in the UFO party thread as well and while the thread title may sound a bit off for words in honor for MID and his life, in contrary I believe it was actually rather fitting and in his spirit given his participation in that particular thread (read some of his posts and enjoy his knowledge and experience in space flight mixed with his deep sense of humor).  

MID, I hope you will stop by in spirit and follow us here at UM from time to time.

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users