Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can psychics really see the past/future?

marysol2103

I’m sure everyone has seen the signs for “$5 Psychic Readings” in their town or while traveling elsewhere. What I wanted to discuss here were your thoughts on using psychics for more than just personal entertainment, more specifically in police and detective work.

There’s been documented cases in the past where police haven’t been able to solve a crime, at which point they turn to a psychic for help. What I find the most interesting is when the psychics they hire actually solve the case.

What are your thoughts on this? What about using psychics to help solve some of the current investigations (such as the Peterson or Hacking trials?)

I’m not an expert myself on the topic, but I’ve been learning a bit more from a new show on Court TV called Psychic Detectives. It’s on Wednesday’s at 9:30pm in case you want to watch it too.

~ Marysol

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stellar

• Deadly Nightshade

• aquatus1

• QueenoftheNight

Today, a psychic that leads police on a wild goose chase can be up for charges. It is simply far more common to get nothing from them then to get the few coincidental cases were results did come about.

Reminds me of a story I once heard about a cop at a psychic convention.

Psychic: How can you doubt? What would you call a person who knows where the crime was committed, how it was done, and where the body is?

Cop: A suspect.

Regardless, the complete and utter silence preceeding 9/11 seems to have driven the point home to many people. If psychics weren't able to sense this, chances are pretty good they can't sense more specific things.

Psychic powers come and go. If you get premonitions, it is given to you; it isn't something most can control. The big-time psychics are a mystery to me...don't know if they read people's minds or are truely psychic. I imagine there are people who can do this.

I don't think psychics solve police cases, I just think they get lucky coincidences. They through out a lot of vague stuff, like the body will be found near water, or the body will be found in the mud. Well yeah, that's generally were some bodies are found, and then they say "See told ya" told me what i coulda told ya that!

There's a lot of misconceptions about psychics. Psychics are people with certain extra sensory abilities, those who are sensitive to others, i.e. they can feel when someone is upset, ect. People who can see the future are soothsayers and prophets, not psychics. Some psychics see the future but they only see into a future that effects them. There are a few people who can see into the future but IMO they shouldn't be called Psychics.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes.

With Love and Light.

DNS

xxx.

If any one could see the future they would be rich by now, really if any one would be able to persive the future wouldn't they try to warn people before catastrophies?

I have seen that show on court T.V, pretty cool if you ask me. They have tons of proof that psychics are for real, yet they even said themselfs that people just dont take the unknown seriously and it is considered a faliure if you have to go "down" to that level of hiring a psychic for police work.. oh well.. I like like them! grin2.gif

I have seen that show on court T.V, pretty cool if you ask me. They have tons of proof that psychics are for real, yet they even said themselfs that people just dont take the unknown seriously and it is considered a faliure if you have to go "down" to that level of hiring a psychic for police work.. oh well.. I like like them!  grin2.gif

299999[/snapback]

Lol, there was a good joke about that actually! I think Aquatus is the one I heard it from! I'd probably end up messing it up though if I told it! grin2.gif

Hmm, I am interested to know! I am always up to a good joke grin2.gif

Here it is! I searched for it and I found aquatus's post.

Psychic: How can you doubt? What would you call a person who knows where the crime was committed, how it was done, and where the body is?

Cop: A suspect.

From everything I have seen, most, if not all, psychics are complete frauds and con artists. If you see a psychic doing a "reading", just remember it is all a trick and then you can start working it backwards to figure out how it was done.

Psycics are not frauds, there is a few pple out there that claim they can see but they cannot.....Being psycic is not always nice for me for sometimes I will see some pretty horrifying things that are about to happen but it also also has its good points too. And do you know what, we dont get the choice of wanting to be psycic or not. If you have that gift given to you, thats it.....I do agree with Babs though sometimes it comes and sometimes it goes but it will always return to the gifted ones....

I also agree with QueenOfTheNight. There are a lot of people who dont believe in The Psycic Phenomena yet who does the police turn to when they cant solve a murder mysery or in the case of missing persons/children???

PSYCICS !!!

Deadly Nightshade.

xxx.

Goodness gracious!

Can it be i am in agreement with Norman!?

Oh, yes it is! Norman we agree! Tis a joyuous day indeed!!

I agree with Norman. Somehow... blink.gif

There are a lot of people who dont believe in The Psycic Phenomena yet who does the police turn to when they cant solve a murder mysery or in the case of missing persons/children???

PSYCICS !!!

That will be a relief to the 800,000 missing children and 650,000 missing adults every year. Good to know they will all be safe at home soon.

Seriously, no major police network has ever employed psychics in any official capacity beyond the normal follow up they do when anyone, psychic or otherwise, calls in with information. There was even a law passed in California I believe, earlier this year, that would allow psychics who waste the police district's time with useless 'tips' to be prosecuted for supplying false information.

I am not saying that all missing children/persons are found but sometimes the police get good leads to follow from the help of psycics....

All I was doing was posting my opinion in which the police do turn to psycics and thats fact.

Deadly Nightshade.

xxx.

Being psycic is not always nice for me for sometimes I will see some pretty horrifying things that are about to happen but it also also has its good points too.

301236[/snapback]

Mind giving us some predictions then?

About what exactly Stellar???

Anything in the world. Be specific though.

Everyone is phychic to some degree. Most have to be TRAINED to tuned in. Some people are naturally tuned in. Why aren't psychics rich? Crazy as it sounds, there is an unwritten LAW that psychic power refuses to be used for personal gain of the phychic. (The same way that Real and True healers can heal others but not theirselfs or blood relatives).

Yes, there are 50 fakes for each real one, the same for healers.

But, just begin seeing little things that you have never noticed before. This is the best way to begin to tune in. Ask and you shall receive.