Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is there a God?

Roy Perry

I had a varying professors who asked questions like that and answered it in a one word answer, in varying sets of subjects. Kind of thought provoking.

It's like............... let the games begin!!! :D;)

It seems appropriate for a question like that in a particular forum like this.

Maybe?............................. Is this going to be on how perspectives going to be?

I keep saying that to myself all of my life.

But when you look in front of you, and see other things like politicians, police, doctors, scientists, teachers, and ... and.... and......Will Farrell! ;):P

That is what you see.................... and have to find a warm and fuzzy area near a fire and a cup of something hot to somehow conclude if that answer can be answered in a more subject .............. not maybe.

But that's my perspective on it. :D

Only evidence put so far to me for God is that he's in people's Heads.

serotonindopamine.jpg

The Story of Suzy (classic)

catcheerleader.jpg?w=535

Q: Is there a God?

A: Maybe.

Let's explore that, shall we?

No evidence so let's start with no.

Q: Logically, should God exist?

I see no reason to accept any anecdotes as valid evidence, so I say: no.

• Like 1

Well, do get acquainted a bit with philosophy. Rock-solid arguments have been put forward and developped by Theist philosophers over the years. IMO, the fine-tuning and design propositions are probably the most potent indicators that there may be a Supreme Intelligence behind the Universe.

Edited by EEHC

Q: Is there a God?

A: Maybe.

Let's explore that, shall we?

No evidence so let's start with no.

Q: Logically, should God exist?

What constitutes evidence? Why is there a universe? Why is there anything?
  • Like 3

If there is , let's hope it eventually spreads into us .

Depends on who's god we are talking about. I'm all for a peace loving deity coming around.

That's part of the great mystery. No one was there to witness the first cause. So the reality of a 'God' is unknown. Humans however are good at making 'gods' to explain what they don't know.

• Like 1

Well, do get acquainted a bit with philosophy. Rock-solid arguments have been put forward and developped by Theist philosophers over the years. IMO, the fine-tuning and design propositions are probably the most potent indicators that there may be a Supreme Intelligence behind the Universe.

LMAO!

• Like 3

MAGIC!

Yes, there is a God ! People will believe what they wish to believe ...at the end, at the moment of death or departing from this earth what will it matter ? And that is another subject .

• Like 1

The way I see it is, the term, "God" has religious connotations, there can't be God without a religion surrounding It. I object to this concept. There may be some Architect, a Physicist that has the ability to create universes. This I could accept if proof of this Entity were to be discovered.

• Like 1

MAGIC!

Magic is just science not yet understood. To stone age man our science looks like magic. Maybe we're the primitives in regards to the "magic" of our origins.

Depends on who's god we are talking about. I'm all for a peace loving deity coming around.

I was hoping for some 'divine intelligence' to affect humans .... heck, I'll settle for any type of intelligence increase in them !

• Like 2

God certainly exists.

:clap::tsu:

some assume , some know , some don't ....to believe not is also believe and to do is a believe ... rights of the mind and soul

Some assume they know. Doesn't mean they know. The rest of what you wrote makes no sense whatsoever.

I was hoping for some 'divine intelligence' to affect humans .... heck, I'll settle for any type of intelligence increase in them !

Now that's wishful thinking. I'd rather have an increase in empathy and sympathy.

God certainly exists.

:clap::tsu:

Wishful thinking. And if it does exist who's god is it? Which divine dictator shall we bow to?

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 1

Some assume they know. Doesn't mean they know. The rest of what you wrote makes no sense whatsoever.

Now that's wishful thinking. I'd rather have an increase in empathy and sympathy.

Wishful thinking. And if it does exist who's god is it? Which divine dictator shall we bow to?

why doesnt it make sense ? is it forbidden for people to believe in god ? it is the right to choose , yes ? just as people take the right to either not believe or believe in something else ...so what doesnt make sense ?

why doesnt it make sense ? is it forbidden for people to believe in god ? it is the right to choose , yes ? just as people take the right to either not believe or believe in something else ...so what doesnt make sense ?

God is just an idea, something wrapped into a nice little bundle of preconceived notions and emotions. Sure you can believe that's fine and all. It is just way to apparent that God doesn't care. Even if it exist it doesn't care about a single one of us. People just want to believe it does because if gives them a sense of security and control in a world where none really exist. So they'll look for validation to their belief. It's called confirmation bias. If god is love then god is just an emotion you've chosen to label. That's all there is to it.

• Like 1