Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chaotic scramble as UN peacekeepers

chemical-licker

Chaotic scramble as UN peacekeepers fire pepper spray on thousands of hungry Haitians waiting for food

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1246105/Haiti-earthquake-Chaotic-scramble-thousands-hungry-Haitians-overrun-peacekeepers-delivering-food.html#ixzz0djGY2Vpr

article-1246105-08045C25000005DC-81_634x422.jpg

<_< he got good english and knows how to spell corruption? or does he?? I had to look it up:blush:

Thats all this thread is really, what do you reckon?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Umbarger

• HerNibs

• MARAB0D

• MichaelW

Top Posters In This Topic

how many of them have crossed the border or attemted to.

Cross what border into where? Into the Dominican Republic?

Nibs

I know that this isn't indicative of ALL Haitians but, a friend of mine was just down there last week helping with the relief effort and had to be evactuated because of violence and other crimes. She was in a relief camp that got robbed of supplied like generators, radios, C.D.'s and lights. She didn't say that the foods or medicines were taken though.

I know that it's a bad situation in Haiti and I know that if the U.S. were hit by a nation wide callamity we'd be playing hell to recover and all too but, I have a hard time reminding myself that there are innocents there that are really in need of help. It reminded me of those morons that were shooting guns at rescue helicopters in New Orleans. Just sickening.

Cross what border into where? Into the Dominican Republic?

Nibs

Most likely. This is what needs to happen because they cannot distribute food if the crowds are in the same mentality as rioters for example. It would get out of control and people would get injured, even killed. I've heard of reports of gangs roaming the streets, shooting anyone at random will and reports of prisioners escaping and grabbing firearms wherever they can.

Most likely. This is what needs to happen because they cannot distribute food if the crowds are in the same mentality as rioters for example. It would get out of control and people would get injured, even killed. I've heard of reports of gangs roaming the streets, shooting anyone at random will and reports of prisioners escaping and grabbing firearms wherever they can.

Right, I've heard the same things. I just don't understand what kind of benefit there would be with going into the Dominican Republic. It isn't in much better shape is it? I don't mean earthquake wise, I mean poor/corrupt government.

Nibs

It all looks like we all want the Haitians to survive against their own desire...

Right, I've heard the same things. I just don't understand what kind of benefit there would be with going into the Dominican Republic. It isn't in much better shape is it? I don't mean earthquake wise, I mean poor/corrupt government.

Nibs

There isn't much benefit but it has at least has a stable governent, better living conditions etc. Not many places in the Caribbean are much better that Haiti is at the moment.

Did anyone else notice that the guy marching on the left with a black shirt is carrying a video camera? Not bad for poverty striken.

That said, I'm not up for seeing these people starve through no fault of their own. Any nation hit with that kind of thing is going to take a stumble at least. Where I do have a problem is in them stealing from the relief workers. I know one of them so, I'm a little on the biased side there I know but, still, how can I help rebuild your house if you keep stealing my tools?

A problem so far is that the UN pacekeepers that help in the security of the relief effort have not authorized to use lethal force to keep the mobs in check. I understand that a lot of people it is not seeing clean water or food because of the situation (just to remember, there is no local infraestructure left), but somewtimes the people gets violent in this situations, and the UN pacekeeper forces MUST have thepower to disband this mobs.

<_< he got good english and knows how to spell corruption? or does he?? I had to look it up:blush:

Thats all this thread is really, what do you reckon?

yep, he spelt corruption correctly.