Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

north korea's 'pre emptive' strike against US

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#76    acidhead

acidhead

GOV Debt Slave

• 10,965 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:27 AM

Friendship has forever been achieved through listening, patience and understanding.  Offering open dialogue to your perceived threat is the action of a wise individual. The past decade we have witnessed a transformation of how the globe can interact with each other and it's lightening speed.  The world wide web has opened doors to countless friendships and continues to do so.  Everything happens for reasons and nobody was born into this world wanting to kill another individual.  Everything is learned and circumstance.  Cause and effect.  Peer pressure is sometimes the most effective form of individual enlightenment.  I think many know just what growing up with your own personal hero did to mold you as your own unique individual.  We all have the same wants, needs and desires as other individuals in foreign countries....   procreate.  Some a little, some a lot and some none.  In between we party.  It's all we want because we're all one.  One people.  The NK's will come around eventually if western leaders try to be friendly.   It's not like NK is EVER going to take over the world.  Ain't gonna happen.  Besides everybody loves a good party... Everybody.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#77    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,642 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:09 AM

And fear is fostered by ignorance.   It is human to fear the unknown.   I have no patience for the need to feed off of it.   We see it a hundred times a day on this website alone.   We spend so much word count over things we don't know diddly about.  Stirring that fear-aid and laughing about the silly little games being played at the same time.  We're the unwitting accomplices to the archaic mindset.   Get the dander up and let the fur fly.

The best way to defeat one's enemies is to befriend them.  To turn people away from focusing on differences to focusing on the common interests that bring us all together.  This is so easily possible with anyone from any walk of life or any belief system.   This isn't about building Death Stars and having Empire, it's about Jedi mind tricks.   Is this always possible?  Hell no.  But it should be the MO, not the exception.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#78    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:17 AM

http://m.yna.co.kr/m...00000000
looks like things are taking a turn for the worst.....

"Get off your knees, the party's over."
-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

#79    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 17,520 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:55 AM

Do not by-pass the language filter in order to swear at others. Do not insult others in order to goad them into a fight.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#80    shrooma

shrooma

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,985 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:34 AM

View PostLilly, on 08 March 2013 - 10:55 AM, said:

Do not by-pass the language filter in order to swear at others. Do not insult others in order to goad them into a fight.
i'd like to refer you to post #37 as to who started goading who.

"Get off your knees, the party's over."
-How do you sleep-
The Stone Roses.

#81    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 17,520 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:47 AM

View Postshrooma, on 08 March 2013 - 11:34 AM, said:

i'd like to refer you to post #37 as to who started goading who.

Report inappropriate content. Do not resort to by-passing the language filter and using insult laden responses.

Edited by Lilly, 08 March 2013 - 11:48 AM.
addition

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#82    AmbientSoul

AmbientSoul

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

• Your thoughts mould reality. We live inside God's mind. We are one.

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:48 AM

some guys move stuff around in warehouses in iraq and we bomb them. for freedom
north korea officially threaten the US with a nuclear attack and torture/oppress the hell out of the people.
eh

Who is John Galt?

#83    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,743 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:49 AM

If North Korea did launch nukes, wouldn't they go for the nearest large American City? Anchorage in Alaska?

#84    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,391 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:46 PM

.....  the statement was  allegedly made by   "A SPOKESMAN"    I'd like to know if has been translated properly .

Edited by lightly, 08 March 2013 - 12:47 PM.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#85    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,743 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:20 PM

View Postlightly, on 08 March 2013 - 12:46 PM, said:

.....  the statement was  allegedly made by   "A SPOKESMAN"    I'd like to know if has been translated properly .

he has lol

#86    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,951 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:04 PM

View PostYamato, on 08 March 2013 - 07:09 AM, said:

And fear is fostered by ignorance.   It is human to fear the unknown.   I have no patience for the need to feed off of it.   We see it a hundred times a day on this website alone.   We spend so much word count over things we don't know diddly about.  Stirring that fear-aid and laughing about the silly little games being played at the same time.  We're the unwitting accomplices to the archaic mindset.   Get the dander up and let the fur fly.

The best way to defeat one's enemies is to befriend them.  To turn people away from focusing on differences to focusing on the common interests that bring us all together.  This is so easily possible with anyone from any walk of life or any belief system.   This isn't about building Death Stars and having Empire, it's about Jedi mind tricks.   Is this always possible?  Hell no.  But it should be the MO, not the exception.

That is true, sadly North Korea would rather make threats and keep their people scared and brainwashed than make an honest effort at a lasting peace.

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 08 March 2013 - 11:49 AM, said:

If North Korea did launch nukes, wouldn't they go for the nearest large American City? Anchorage in Alaska?

Given their rockets have trouble making it past Japan I think even trying for Anchorage is little more than wishful thinking. A target in South Korea or Japan would be more within their reach. Of course given that the North Korea leaders seem to think that they'd actually win a war against the South speaks to the level of reality they're dealing with. They might actually think they could hit the US.

However I think this is just them looking for attention during the military exercises that are going on. Flipping out and threatening war is nothing new for them. Once it ends they'll quiet down again...until the next time of course.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#87    Himawari69

Himawari69

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 304 posts

• No matter how hard I grip the crown, in the end,it won't matter, because I will not die a queen

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

Haha my English teacher announced the news that North Korea was planning on bombing us , said she was  scared lol

#88    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,951 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:24 PM

Really the only city that is without a doubt threatened by North Korea is Seoul. And that's due to all the artillery pointed at it. Everything else is doubtful given how iffy the North Korean rockets seem to be.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#89    Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:46 PM

North Korea would be an foolish to use nuclear weapon on U.S due to mutual assured destruction. It would involve them being completely wiped out with two well placed nuclear missiles, the stranglers that get away would be hunted down by south korea.

Edited by Uncle Sam, 08 March 2013 - 06:47 PM.

A man's ethical behaviour should be based effectually on sympathy, education, and social ties and needs; no religious basis is necessary. Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear of punishment and hope of reward after death. - Albert Einstein

#90    Bama13

Bama13

Poltergeist

• 2,126 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:58 PM

View PostOverSword, on 07 March 2013 - 07:54 PM, said:

Since you know, please enlighten us.  Why did the US feel the need to get involved in a civil war?  You make it sound like the N. koreans started a war with the USA.

The UN made Korea two seperate countries (I don't agree with them but they didn't ask me) so it wasn't a civil war but rather one sovereign nation (NK) attacking another sovereign nation (SK). SK was our ally therefore we (and the UN) went to war. Since the NK knew we had troops stationed there and attacked those troops they did indeed start a war with the USA.

Feel enlightened yet. :-*

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users