Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bigfoot sighting along Neches River?

Commander CMG

PORT NECHES — Chill bumps rise on David Arceneaux’s arms as he looked across Block Bayou at a line of trees about 100 yards away.

“I’m not crazy. I don’t do drugs and I’m not a drinker,” Arceneaux said before telling his tale of seeing not one but two Bigfoot-like creatures huddled together one December morning.

The Nederland native visits Oak Bluff Cemetery about once a month to clean the graves of a friend and a cousin, something he has done for years without incident. But on an overcast, windless day Arceneaux got the fright of his life.

Read More Here

• Like 1

PORT NECHES — Chill bumps rise on David Arceneaux’s arms as he looked across Block Bayou at a line of trees about 100 yards away.

“I’m not crazy. I don’t do drugs and I’m not a drinker,” Arceneaux said before telling his tale of seeing not one but two Bigfoot-like creatures huddled together one December morning.

The Nederland native visits Oak Bluff Cemetery about once a month to clean the graves of a friend and a cousin, something he has done for years without incident. But on an overcast, windless day Arceneaux got the fright of his life.

Read More Here

Sounds exactly as credible as any other Bigfoot story from any other human recounting a frightening experience that resulted in an emotional memory clouded by belief and pareidolia. Supported by a blurry blobsquatch photo taken with a cell phone no less.

I'm sure the guy telling the story is a good guy, probably honest too. But he got scared and saw something else that his frightened mind interpreted as Bigfeet, a belief that has solidified as time has gone on. Human senses are fallible and prone to error. Eyewitness accounts are not evidence, not until someone actually proves these things exist with a flesh and blood specimen. Sorry folks, these stories are a dime a dozen.

• Like 1

Why would hundreds of people across the continent report sightings when they know that society will react as it has, in disbelief? What is their motivation for doing so?

Why would hundreds of people across the continent report sightings when they know that society will react as it has, in disbelief? What is their motivation for doing so?

Because they truly believe they saw the creature, yet are mistaken. Or in some cases because there is money to be made in Bigfootery. The latter group is small but growing.

All I can do is go by the article, description and photo but I'm amazed at the vision on this eye-witness (as usual).

Edited by QuiteContrary

Why would hundreds of people across the continent report sightings when they know that society will react as it has, in disbelief?

Disbelief? Bah! These people are probably local celebrities now. Around here your Bigfoot sighting will get you a good crowd around you in any bar.

• Like 1

Disbelief? Bah! These people are probably local celebrities now. Around here your Bigfoot sighting will get you a good crowd around you in any bar.

And lots of free beer I'm sure.

• Like 1

If you have any doubts then don't even comment. In my opinion Big foot exist and not always does there have to be blood and specimen proof like one post said really what the hell do you have to gain by lying and hundreds have seen this yeti creature. I hope one day a skeptic like most of you run into this creature and he scares the hell out you then come back and comment. It's to much proof it exist, just because it hasn't been caught doesn't justify it does not exist, they said the same thing about ghost but even paranormal can be proven to a big degree understood totally No!.

Edited by slaughtr

I cannot believe in any story about Bigfoot now, I mean where do they go after those photographs and where do they live if they are in such a large population.

Its time to capture one !

That is the only way I am going to believe now.

Does taking a really bad photo perhaps back up the story a little better? Perhaps being too obvious about setting it up, you'd make it clear as day. Anyway, looking at info embedded in the photo, it was brought through Photoshop on a Mac for the arrows but there's not a whole lot else there. Either just natural growth on the edge of the forest or ghillie suits.

Edited by BroderickVanHelsing

I don't suppose anyone noticed any inconsistencies in his story? like how they were throwing stones into the water, yet one had its arms around a treetrunk? unless there's another tree somewhere, out of camerashot, then the trees in the pic are at a very considerable distance from the water's edge.

maybe we could sign them for the discus team at the next olympics....?

If you have any doubts then don't even comment. In my opinion Big foot exist and not always does there have to be blood and specimen proof like one post said really what the hell do you have to gain by lying and hundreds have seen this yeti creature. I hope one day a skeptic like most of you run into this creature and he scares the hell out you then come back and comment. It's to much proof it exist, just because it hasn't been caught doesn't justify it does not exist, they said the same thing about ghost but even paranormal can be proven to a big degree understood totally No!.

Yes, there has to be proof, always if you want to prove something. That's why the two words share the same root. Many people gain a good amount of money by perpetuation bigfoot frauds, and many more are simply mistaking common things for a creature that only exists in the popular imagination. Real animals die, eat, get hit by cars and are photographed all the time, bigfoot seems to be immune to all of this. Either it is not real, or it is magical. Since there is no magic, the first is the only logical explanation.

And can you cite one example of anything paranormal being proven to even the slightest degree?

As for this "sighting", I fail to see anything that's not trees or reeds on this picture.

Also, look up the Oak Bluff Memorial Park in Port Neches, TX. The woods (more like a tiny patch of trees, roughly 600 metres across) he is talking about are surrounded on one side by a large petrochemical complex, the city on another and the Neches River on the third. It is a small, wooded area. How would bigfoot even get there, and why?

Edited by Clobhair-cean
  • Like 1

If you have any doubts then don't even comment. In my opinion Big foot exist

hate to break it to you, but this is a discussion forum, where people are allowed to express their opinions.

you stated that 'In my opinion bigfoot exist' (sic), so does that mean only your opinion is valid, and others which take a contrary viewpoint aren't?

I think you need to look up the word 'discussion' maybe.

• Like 4

And can you cite one example of anything paranormal being proven to even the slightest degree?

yes.

Dowsing.

but I agree with the rest of your post. there has to be evidence for proof, otherwise it's nothing more than a belief, and you'd think someone would've found at least one bone or something.

the valleys around here are littered with sheep skulls and bones, so I can safely surmise that sheep exist!

Edited by shrooma

Look, Bigfoot is supposedly an animal, right? If bigfoot is real and is an animal, then in order for it to be vetted scientifically and take its rightful place alongside all the other animals, it is going to have to be studied and categorized just like EVERY OTHER ANIMAL that has ever been added to the roster. What is truly ridiculous is that people think that Bigfoot should somehow be immune to this, and that skeptics are just being jerks when we have a hard time believing in an animal that purportedly breaks all the rules.

Whether you like science or not, science is the process by which animals are vetted and verified- and until science can get its hands on one for study, the thing is a myth. I would love nothing more that for these animals to be proven. But Proven its going to have to be before I elect to believe in its existence.

• Like 2

yes.

Dowsing.

I don't want to go off topic, but I haven't seen any proper, controlled studies that showed that dowsing works any better than pure chance. Could you provide a link?

Edited by Clobhair-cean
  • Like 1

I don't want to go off topic, but I haven't seen any proper, controlled studies that showed that dowsing works any better than pure chance. Could you provide a link?

can't post links i'm afraid, i'm using a phone, not a computer, and a phone that has a little flap at the back where you shovel in coal to make it work, but there's been enough tests and research done on the subject that i'm sure you'll be able to find something, sorry.....

wow that's so cool!!!:)where was this at?like what state and city if its within the united states?or what country and state?I bet there's a lot of these creatures that science aleast mainstream science refuses to acknowledge because its too "out there"or just a myth.it all goes back to what I said before science is just a baby and limited and only designed to study certain things and matter.maybe there relatives these Bigfoot creatures and most likely there are.they are researching Bigfoot DNA and they discovered its not human or animal but a hybrid of some kind.and they are reported in many state as well.there's too much people talking about them,people researching them,people seeing them and etc to dismiss or even say all pictures and etc are a hoax.I noticed something for a long time people are quick to say "fake" and its a "hoax" without researching or even. taking the time to look right and properly and etc!!!poor ignorant and small minded people and skeptics lol:) lol

If you have any doubts then don't even comment.

This would be a very boring discussion board if everyone just always believed everything.

I don't think it's too much for people to ask for more proof.

Sounds exactly as credible as any other Bigfoot story from any other human recounting a frightening experience that resulted in an emotional memory clouded by belief and pareidolia. Supported by a blurry blobsquatch photo taken with a cell phone no less.

I'm sure the guy telling the story is a good guy, probably honest too. But he got scared and saw something else that his frightened mind interpreted as Bigfeet, a belief that has solidified as time has gone on. Human senses are fallible and prone to error. Eyewitness accounts are not evidence, not until someone actually proves these things exist with a flesh and blood specimen. Sorry folks, these stories are a dime a dozen.

I have been a member of this site since 2010 and have held my peace due to the ridicule and derogatory remarks that plague these threads. There's a big difference between skepticism and poisonous cynicism. I had an experience over 25 years ago in my front yard. Less than 10 feet from me. I have lived here since birth and spent my childhood roaming the woods by the river. I have seen just about all the wildlife this area has to offer. Me and my brothers would camp out during the summer and never encountered anything unusual.

Not until one summer night when I was showing two of my nephews the stars. Since that night I haven't been camping or hiking in the woods. I won't even go outside after dark unless I absolutely have to. Like I said, this was over 25 years ago. I'm 50 now. I won't look out the windows after dark. There is no mistaking what I saw.

I won't share my encounter. I've seen the ridicule and denigration that some members seem to take pride in and sharing would only add more kindling to the fire.

It was a traumatic experience that has altered my life and I wish it had never happened. Every time the dogs start barking at night I don't sleep. I stay away from the windows and pray with all my heart that what I saw never comes back.

I was a skeptic and as a Christian was entirely sure that God would never allow something like that to walk the earth. My encounter shook me to the very core of my being.

Now I'm going to slip back into the ether and never mention it again.

Edited by Totah Dine
  • Like 3

wow that's so cool!!!:)where was this at?like what state and city if its within the united states?or what country and state?I bet there's a lot of these creatures that science aleast mainstream science refuses to acknowledge because its too "out there"or just a myth.it all goes back to what I said before science is just a baby and limited and only designed to study certain things and matter.maybe there relatives these Bigfoot creatures and most likely there are.they are researching Bigfoot DNA and they discovered its not human or animal but a hybrid of some kind.and they are reported in many state as well.there's too much people talking about them,people researching them,people seeing them and etc to dismiss or even say all pictures and etc are a hoax.I noticed something for a long time people are quick to say "fake" and its a "hoax" without researching or even. taking the time to look right and properly and etc!!!poor ignorant and small minded people and skeptics lol:) lol

Yes, science is close-minded and refuses to acknowledge anything weird or new.

Apart from special and general relativity, quantum mechanics, computer science, discovered close to a thousand planets outside our solar system, discovered, studied and classifed thousands upon thousands of species, learned amazing things about the history of life on earth, the history of the solar system and the universe beyond, unraveled the genome of humans and other species and are starting to understand what fundamentally makes us tick etc. within the past century or so.

Considering some of the things scientists have discovered and learned about the universe in recent human history, a new species of large hominid living in remote areas of North America wouldn't be particularly far out there. It sure would be exciting, and I don't see why zoologists wouldn't want to be involved in make such an amazing discovery. Why are zoologists in general so eager to find new species and announces them to the world but for some reason one of the most exciting new species proven potentially in recent times would discourage them? I don't buy it for a second.

You are right that science is suitable for studying certain things (but it's a hell of a range of things) but discovering, studying and documenting new species is one of the things that science (zoology in particular) does.

Anyway, as to the photo in the article. It honestly just looks like variations in the colors of the vegetation to me that vaguely resemble a humanoid form. Pity (as usual) it's such a small photo. Is there a larger version available for looking at?

Edited by Archimedes
  • Like 1

It was a traumatic experience that has altered my life and I wish it had never happened. Every time the dogs start barking at night I don't sleep. I stay away from the windows and pray with all my heart that what I saw never comes back.

I understand. When you look out a window and see something looking back at you, it does change everything.

It is isn't the fault of science that you don't understand how science works. But science forgives you, because as Nathaniel DeGrasse Tyson famously said - "the great thing about science is that it is true whether you believe in it or not." :tu:

All I can do is go by the article, description and photo but I'm amazed at the vision on this eye-witness (as usual).

I don't know about that. From my office I can see the space needle clear as day, and large, but if I take a picture with my crappy little cell phone you can barely see it.