Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

This 2012 stuff?

MarKy090

because i talked to God and he said to me, what? who told you this? the end will only start on 2012 but it wont be the end because its just the start of the end and its december and it takes a lot of time before everything can end. everything will probably end on 2013.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• muddyfrog

• Marby

• TheSearcher

• not.here

There you go!

:D

This "end of the world/2012 big change" crap is annoying.

These self-anointed prophets are deluded about everything else so why should we trust them about their grasp of reality when it come to whats going on in the future?

You are on the planet Earth.

Its cooling down from its formation several billion years ago. Earthquakes, tsunamis, floods, volcanoes, mudslides, hurricanes, tornadoes, lightning fires, and the like are common fare on this planet. If these things werent happening, its likely the planet would not be habitable. When none of these things occurs any more, the planet will be dead.

2012 :rolleyes:

*The movie looks cool though.. http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/2012/

Edited by Hazzard

If the world were going to end, go through some change as significant as people claim 2012 will bring, chances are, none of us would have warning.

Why on earth does anyone give a toss about what the Mayans have to say when they weren't foresightful enough to see their own fate upon the arrival of the Spanish? It's not as though they even claimed that the end of the calendar means the end of the world. That's a modern, crack pot interpretation.

This 2012 nonsense is so silly that the idea that otherwise intelligent and rational people are getting sucked into the stupidity of it all is just sad.

Why did god have to ask you where you heard this?

You'd think he'd know that kind of stuff...

This 2012 stuff is just a year. Yet another year to come. Nothing more.

Now if you wanna talk about the movie then that's a different story. :yes:

the mayans didn't say shis about the world ending...

All this is, is a cycle ending, and another begining. It means what you make it mean. This being said I think we are moving into higher thoughts, and I don't think we need time or the world to end to keep evolving and become better custodians of this awesome planet.

But maybe we all die? cya, hahaha...

Bigger circles ending make smaller circles not matter.

Why do you harmonize with an idea about a bigger circle?

Why do you not live, just to live?

whatever happens we could all die in so many ways, but you know what, to whoever may read this...

we are alive right now.

right now I am typing.

someone else may be loving someone...

what is real?

life is now, and life is...

And so. Especially if you believe our time is almost up, then live it up.

Now for me...

My thoughts are that energy vibrational frequencies, mind changes, consciousness expanding, we are all on our way...

where are we going?

Where ever!

-Muddy

If the world were going to end, go through some change as significant as people claim 2012 will bring, chances are, none of us would have warning.

Why on earth does anyone give a toss about what the Mayans have to say when they weren't foresightful enough to see their own fate upon the arrival of the Spanish? It's not as though they even claimed that the end of the calendar means the end of the world. That's a modern, crack pot interpretation.

This 2012 nonsense is so silly that the idea that otherwise intelligent and rational people are getting sucked into the stupidity of it all is just sad.

true and yet copy-ed... History channel much?

though maybe you should research prophesy of white gods from the east?? white gods from the east coming at a certain time??

2012 is no end of world. it is end of a certain number of years a certain circle; a certain cycle. But I am sure you know that circles don't have ends haha. :)

I am not against you, no dis-respect!

There are some who find that 2012 is just one more oppertunity with no end in sight!

"BE REAL AND THE END OF TIME MATTERS NOT!!"

~Muddy

because i talked to God and he said to me, what? who told you this? the end will only start on 2012 but it wont be the end because its just the start of the end and its december and it takes a lot of time before everything can end. everything will probably end on 2013.

god does not talk in my experience.

What did god sound like, and when did she come?

-Muddy

true and yet copy-ed... History channel much?

though maybe you should research prophesy of white gods from the east?? white gods from the east coming at a certain time??

2012 is no end of world. it is end of a certain number of years a certain circle; a certain cycle. But I am sure you know that circles don't have ends haha. :)

I am not against you, no dis-respect!

There are some who find that 2012 is just one more oppertunity with no end in sight!

"BE REAL AND THE END OF TIME MATTERS NOT!!"

~Muddy

I would actually watch TV if I had the History Channel.

As for prophecy, that one sort of backfired on them as well, and was hardly accurate given the way it turned out. But then, that's prophecy for you. You cannot rely on it because it's never really accurate, as much as people try to force it to be.

2012 is the end of a cycle. Woohoo. Why should it even matter to us?

WOW, Am I even in the right forum section, where'd all this crazy 2012 stuff come from, I thought they made a whole section for this kind of group of sayers and nay sayers, why can't you all go there and let history become this section again?

Here's what I see on 2012,

All crazy Spiritualists commit mass suicide, the Christians think they won, but yet again get disproven it's the end, the world gets a wake up call that maybe to reboost the Age of Enlightenment, we decide to stop building new churches, and refocus on pubs and tavers. Blossom will resurface of course, Tom Cruise will possibly annouce something crazy like he should do at least once a year. Katy Holmes finally realizes he's a nut and leaves him, someone somewhere, will be in debt, the Stock Markets will climb then fall again, rich people will scheme, and threads like this will defy the odds by exploding over the interwebz.

EA

... to reboost the Age of Enlightenment, we decide to stop building new churches, and refocus on pubs and tavers. ....

Now that's something I can support. More pubs and tavern's...

Ack, why are they all proclaiming that the world would be ending by 2012. Nobody knows except for the Creator above. Maybe it would occur after 20 years, 10 years.. tomorrow, who knows? maybe later. One thing's for sure, if it's coming it is. Just always remember to live and enjoy life to the fullest, do good, try to be good and be a blessing to everyone.

RE: Movie

Hmm, they say the trailer is great.. whaddya think guys? =)

I would actually watch TV if I had the History Channel.

As for prophecy, that one sort of backfired on them as well, and was hardly accurate given the way it turned out. But then, that's prophecy for you. You cannot rely on it because it's never really accurate, as much as people try to force it to be.

2012 is the end of a cycle. Woohoo. Why should it even matter to us?

I am glad that you reacted to my sarcasm in such a manner. You are either very smart or very nice or both...

If you read my other post you know I agree with you to maybe 90% or so haha... I think there is something special about this time, but not ultimately special...

I don't believe anything that does not come from my own thought, but I rely on things based on probabilities so ya know...

The Mayans thought it mattered, but does it matter to me?

Yes it does. The reason I like what the mayans did is that they were accurate. I believe that planets and suns and solar systems and glalaxies and whatever all affect us and everything else. Gravity is all around... Maybe other energies aswell, though gravity is not energy... I think this cycle end is maybe an end of a chapter in humanities evolution? Earths evolution? Lifes evolution?

Whatever it is it is not the END. It is a coma not a period. Period.

-Muddy

I am glad that you reacted to my sarcasm in such a manner. You are either very smart or very nice or both...

If you read my other post you know I agree with you to maybe 90% or so haha... I think there is something special about this time, but not ultimately special...

I don't believe anything that does not come from my own thought, but I rely on things based on probabilities so ya know...

The Mayans thought it mattered, but does it matter to me?

Yes it does. The reason I like what the mayans did is that they were accurate. I believe that planets and suns and solar systems and glalaxies and whatever all affect us and everything else. Gravity is all around... Maybe other energies aswell, though gravity is not energy... I think this cycle end is maybe an end of a chapter in humanities evolution? Earths evolution? Lifes evolution?

Whatever it is it is not the END. It is a coma not a period. Period.

-Muddy

I would like to think I'm smart and nice, but let me not make assumptions about that. :P

Please correct me if I misinterpret what you are saying in this post.

You think that because Mayan astronomy was sophisticated, that their astrology is automatically accurate? The ancient Greeks, Egyptians, and other ancient cultures had a pretty sophisticated grasp on astronomy, so why not assume that their astrology is accurate too? Based on that logic, modern astrology should be a credible field of study because we have a better understanding of astronomy in the modern age. But the problem here is that in the modern age, we very correctly separate astronomy, a real science, from astrology, a psuedo science at best.

If the Mayans were so good at predicting the future, their calendar would have ended with the fall of their civilization. I realize that I keep saying this, but the Mayans were not creating this calendar for anyone but themselves. They expected to be using it until 2012. Yet, even their modern descendants are not doing this. They have not been terribly accurate on the astrology side of things. There is no reason to think that the Mayan calendar is relevant in any way outside of studying the Mayan culture and their astronomical observations/calculations.

I realize you are not claiming that the end of the calendar marks the end of the world, but really, the logic follows even less for a predicted change or "shift in consciousness". That's a vague, catch all phrase that a lot of people throw around because once the date comes and goes, anything dramatic on the news can be held up as "proof" that the Mayans were right. Of course it's not proof, because people then conveniently forget that dramatic things, whether it be natural disaster or a big human event, happen all the time.

The probability that 2012 means anything at all in the way people are taking it is so slim that it is practically non existent.

If the beginning of the Biblical end started in 2012 it'd be 2019 before it'd be over, not 2013.

7 year Revelation Tribulation (3.5 years of not so bad, and 3.5 years of nightmare world), yackity smackity, bla bla bla.

However, it is kind of funny how a lot of things seem to be coming to a head, which by 2012 we may find ourselves in the midst of. Nuclear war with Israel vs. Iran, and whatever sides each nation takes. Supposedly Israel signing some kind of peace treaty with its surrounding nations signifies the beginning of the 7 year cycle, so if you're interested, keep an eye open over the next few years.

Edited by SpIdErCyDe

hmm maybe 2012....it's an end,, to a new beginning? kinda like everything will go to **** lol and we have to like "start over?"

ok does that make any sense??

Either year, we'll all die anyways. *sigh*

yea, but I'd rather die when im old and witherd not young and vivid <_<

Yes there are so many predictions about 2012 out there it is interesting to contemplate

but how about predictions from the scientific community ----> 2012 warning

For the sake of all of us, please see a doctor