Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Will we become immortal androids by 2045 ?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,964 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:46 AM

But you don't seem to be aware that you are already a machine.

#32    Black Red Devil

Black Red Devil

Mean as Hell

• 2,573 posts

• I would if I could
    But I can't, so I won't

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:07 AM

View PostMiskatonicGrad, on 23 May 2013 - 08:33 AM, said:

listen people I fix machines all day the last place I want my mind transferred to is a machine. you think you have problems when you wake up with a kink in your neck wait till your in your android body and you wake up and can't get your legs to work for like a half hour and when they do work you skip backwards where ever you go and every time you stop moving you leak all over yourself. I have seen all sorts of problem with machines that can't be fixed with pain killers. give me my 75 year warranty and let me move on to my glorified body.

Wow,  and there I am thinking my teenage daughter's attitude was a big deal......

We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell

- Oscar Wilde

#33    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:15 PM

I doubt if this technology was available it would be available to everyone, it'll probably just be available to the VERY wealthy

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#34    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,964 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:20 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 23 May 2013 - 02:15 PM, said:

I doubt if this technology was available it would be available to everyone, it'll probably just be available to the VERY wealthy
Well of course, at first, but it would be perceived very differently than luxury items are perceived, and politics would soon subsidize everyone getting it (kinda like kidney dialysis).  Over time even the cost would drop.

#35    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

Naked Judgement

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,600 posts

• Ultimately, your experience is the best teacher.

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:41 PM

I'm quite confident that they can build something like this in this century, maybe even before I drop dead (am 30 soon), but I'm not interested in this thing. Hehe.. good old body is nice to move and develop as it is, I'd rather just scrap this if it's that or artificial. When you hear all this stuff about artificial additives, artificial vitamins and artificial medicines having all kinds of side-effects and ill effects, you can't help but be sceptic about the first models of this artificial human-body working as it's supposed to.. I bet they'll find some flaws of it caused by the artificiality (something about artificiality they wont manage to mimic nature well enough at first), something they'll find out years later after the first model because it's a long-term effect. Just like with the artificial vitamin D additive. It'll take 20-30 years after the first properly working model to develop a model that can compete with what nature offers us. Maybe after that.

If you feel the need to argue with others, you dont get free will.
Be what you are. It's up to you.
Leaving everything behind, what are you left with? That which is always inside you. It'll always guide you, if you l
isten.
Nature itself has power no technology in hundred years will replicate. Power to heal you from the inside out. It is holy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users