Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Which of these do you want to believe in?

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Poll: Which of these do you believe exists? (102 member(s) have cast votes)

Which of these do you believe exists?

1. Bigfoot/Sasquatch (53 votes [15.14%])

Percentage of vote: 15.14%

2. Loch Ness Monster (36 votes [10.29%])

Percentage of vote: 10.29%

3. Yeti/Abominable Snowman (44 votes [12.57%])

Percentage of vote: 12.57%

4. Werewolves (18 votes [5.14%])

Percentage of vote: 5.14%

5. Vampires (15 votes [4.29%])

Percentage of vote: 4.29%

6. Mermaids/Mermen (16 votes [4.57%])

Percentage of vote: 4.57%

7. Angels (48 votes [13.71%])

Percentage of vote: 13.71%

8. Demons (46 votes [13.14%])

Percentage of vote: 13.14%

9. Ghosts (59 votes [16.86%])

Percentage of vote: 16.86%

10. Fairies (15 votes [4.29%])

Percentage of vote: 4.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,777 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 12:23 AM

Despite your lack of interest, put me down for zero.

#32    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:31 AM

I am with Abramelin. I wish Mermaids existed. They are crazy hot. But I think an Ama is as close as I will ever get.

As for cryptids, sorry, none of the above. The Pygmy Elephant is purported to be a cryptid, thats is as close as I get I suppose.

Edited by psyche101, 29 November 2012 - 02:38 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#33    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,833 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:37 AM

View PostMisstreeDove, on 28 November 2012 - 11:44 PM, said:

Too bad aliens isn't up there. Other than aliens, none of the above.

Don't they have to be on earth?

I can imagine that something like Bigfoot might be very real. Gorillas are "Bigfoot like"

In another place.......... I have a strong feeling that we are not exclusive to convergeant evolution.

Posted Image

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#34    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:50 AM

Bigfoot and ghosts are real.

#35    Cobalt60

Cobalt60

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 87 posts

• "The Love-Song of J.Alfred Prufrock", by T.S.Eliot

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

cobalt60 here, bling...the truth of the matter is simply that there is far too much that we don't know either about or of for us to definitively state other than our belief in said thing; and to be prepared to give forth reasons as to why we do...after all, there will be someone out there listening/reading who has the same frame of mind as we ourselves, yet is just too timid or something else to put themselves forward; such a one always needs encouraging.
There is, however, that which exists outside and independant of anyone's beliefs; and doesn't much care whether we think its true or not.
...Gonna stop right here and now...I might confuse myself by the amount of words I'm using.
PS--I like your picture.

#36    Lovelybloom

Lovelybloom

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 93 posts

• blood is thicker than water, but that same water washes that blood away.

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:29 PM

well i see that its mostly ghost, you dont have to wish those existed, cause they do

#37    Ryu

Ryu

Born to fail.

• 3,735 posts

• One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it. ~ Master Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:31 PM

View PostBling, on 16 September 2012 - 08:57 PM, said:

Which of these do you believe in, or at least would like to believe they exist?

Too bad you didn't include "None" as a choice.
I would prefer to actually think and know rather than believe anyways.

#38    sueq432

sueq432

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:08 AM

I believe in the Bible, so therefore I believe in angels and demons. I also think there have been so many sightings, etc., of bigfoot/yeti that makes me feel SOMETHING of this type is out there. As for ghosts, having never seen one, I tend to say they exist, and are something better left alone. Now, aliens.....there is so much proof that the government lied and offered at least three different explainations as to what happened in Area 51. Those aliens crashed and the government has been trying to dupe us ever since.

#39    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,518 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 12:59 AM

View PostBling, on 16 September 2012 - 08:57 PM, said:

Which of these do you believe in, or at least would like to believe they exist?

Multiple choice and answers are private :)
They are not private if we tell you here, but i will cos i have nothing to hide.
Ghosts.
Can i ask you why religion was not in the line up? some of us would pick fairies over that.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#40    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,090 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:19 AM

What I believe in, and what I'd like to believe in are entirely unrelated concepts.

I believe that my bank account is currently almost empty.  That is the unfortunate reality.

I'd like to believe that there are millions in my bank account.  That is nice but unrelated to reality.

As a result, the OP is very confused and/or confusing. I'd like to believe that there are large humanoids inhabiting the forests of North America (sasquatch), as that is a pretty ******* cool concept, but I don't actually believe there are such humanoids.  Do I select the bigfoot option or not if I answer the poll?

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#41    UFO_Monster

UFO_Monster

Poltergeist

• 2,147 posts

• What looks spooky is not always scary. What looks cute is not always cuddly.

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:12 AM

At this point, none of the above.

Posted Image
UFOs aren't always the alien's spacecraft...sometimes they are the aliens.

#42    Night Walker

Night Walker

Psychic Spy

• 1,141 posts

• We're all storytellers. We all live in a network of stories. There isn't a stronger connection between people than storytelling.

J.M. Smith

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:41 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image Yes! Canada's most fearsome predator. The Kodiak Marmoset – it's the world's largest smallest primate. "My God! He's killing us..."

The Yowie-ocalypse is upon us...

#43    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,195 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:00 PM

None, they're kind of all a joke anyway.

#44    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

If people don't like this topic or I have confused you please feel free to move on, or start your own better topic - it's not difficult! Replying to threads is not compulsory ;)

#45    Harlequin Dreamer

Harlequin Dreamer

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

• Dear Optimist,Pessimist,and Realist, While you guys are busy arguing about a glass of water, I drank it. Sincerely the Opportunist.

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:11 PM

I dont belive in vampires, werewolves, mermaids and a couple of the others are a bit iffy but I do tend towards the sasquatch/bigfoot especialy the yowie as they cant be mistaken for a bear as oz doesnt have bears so I tend to believe the ozy bigfoot as real.  ps: I like your new pic  :yes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users