Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Requiring Gun Insurance Will Increase Safety

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#46    F3SS

F3SS

Alien Abducter

• 5,457 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

Sorry man, wasn't trying to steal the secrets of your trade but I still don't think that article is a good argument.

Edited by -Mr_Fess-, 04 February 2013 - 07:54 PM.

Posted Image

#47    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 33,484 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 04 February 2013 - 07:54 PM, said:

Sorry man, wasn't trying to steal the secrets of your trade but I still don't think that article is a good argument.

The statistics don't agree with you. And while there might be more damage caused by cars then firearms at this point in time (could change) there is only one state that does not require you to have insurance (Rhode Island) if you can post a million in security.

Now, I would agree on a similar measure instead of insurance.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#48    Bama13

Bama13

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 04 February 2013 - 07:14 PM, said:

doubt you can cause "accidentally" any damage with your hands that could get you a a million dollar bill.

I didn't realize you had to do a million dollars in damage for the insurance to kick in.

So the insurance only applies to "accidental" shootings? I have done no research and could very well be wrong, but I feel that most shootings are not "accidental".

Destroying the right museum display with my hands could easily net a million in damages.

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

#49    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,654 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 04 February 2013 - 07:59 PM, said:

The statistics don't agree with you. And while there might be more damage caused by cars then firearms at this point in time (could change) there is only one state that does not require you to have insurance (Rhode Island) if you can post a million in security.

What is your main reason for supporting what I call, infringements on the Second Amendment?  Is it to keep people from being killed or injured with guns?  Or is it something else?  I seriously want to know.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#50    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 33,484 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

View PostBama13, on 04 February 2013 - 08:18 PM, said:

I didn't realize you had to do a million dollars in damage for the insurance to kick in.

So the insurance only applies to "accidental" shootings? I have done no research and could very well be wrong, but I feel that most shootings are not "accidental".

Destroying the right museum display with my hands could easily net a million in damages.

Nobody says that, but surely criminal justice can deal with criminal acts. And yes, you could cause a million loss by destroying the Mona Lisa, where besides the bill you would get a long time in the shadow, so we are again in criminal justice. For other cases one should have a personal liability insurance. In fact, for many people with high risk activities it is mandatory.

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#51    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 33,484 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:22 PM

View Postjoc, on 04 February 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

What is your main reason for supporting what I call, infringements on the Second Amendment?  Is it to keep people from being killed or injured with guns?  Or is it something else?  I seriously want to know.

That lately we seem to be surrounded by 50 million level 6 narcissists who think that they can get away with everything because of the 2nd amendment. Time to grow up.

Edited by questionmark, 04 February 2013 - 08:22 PM.

about me

#52    Bama13

Bama13

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 04 February 2013 - 08:20 PM, said:

Nobody says that, but surely criminal justice can deal with criminal acts. And yes, you could cause a million loss by destroying the Mona Lisa, where besides the bill you would get a long time in the shadow, so we are again in criminal justice. For other cases one should have a personal liability insurance. In fact, for many people with high risk activities it is mandatory.

Shooting people is a criminal act and surely criminal justice can deal with it. If you shoot someone, besides the jail time you are liable for damages. Seems like you are making my case against insurance for gun ownership.

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

#53    F3SS

F3SS

Alien Abducter

• 5,457 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:57 PM

That's all I can think of too, Bama. And the only narcissism I see is the holier than though do gooders who keep trying to put on kid gloves and a pacifier in the mouths of second amendment supporters.

Posted Image

#54    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,355 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:42 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 04 February 2013 - 07:59 PM, said:

New Hampshire doesnt require car insurance either.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#55    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,654 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:16 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 04 February 2013 - 08:22 PM, said:

That lately we seem to be surrounded by 50 million level 6 narcissists who think that they can get away with everything because of the 2nd amendment. Time to grow up.
I think that could very easily be translated as:   "I am afraid."  The truth is QuesionMark...you are so much more likely to be killed or maimed by a drunk driver than as a result of a gun fired from anyone.  In all my life...I actually no one person who was shot by a criminal.  I also knew one person who was killed in my school growing up by a family member...and I know 3 people who have taken their lives at the hands of a gun.  In my entire life, that is 5 people I know who were killed or injured by a gun.  I'm 55 so, (calculating.....) that is 20,075 days in my life...divided by 5 = One person that I know every 4015 days.  I'd have to sit down for awhile and think to come up with a list of people I know who have died in car accidents.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#56    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,588 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

View Postninjadude, on 04 February 2013 - 05:00 PM, said:

http://www.courant.c...,0,538669.story

So what do the gun nuts think about this?

Well, let' see.

300 million guns in private hands.  Roughly 800 accidental deaths a year.  I would do the math, but my crappy calculator can't calculate a number that small.

Seems to me that gun owners are already some of the safest and most responsible folks on the planet.

Can you name an sport/activity/hobby/pastime that has a better safety record?

By the way, how do you guys feel about your Obama and Harry Reid throwing all of you, the dead of Newtown, and the entire anti-gun movement under the bus?

Edited by Rafterman, 04 February 2013 - 11:47 PM.

#57    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,077 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:39 AM

Gee,     i wonder if this idea is being lobbied by INSURANCE COMPANIES ?        . . . Hello!?

How about mandatory insurance for everything we use ?     Bicycles can be dangerous.   Badminton rackets can cause permanent eye damage.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#58    F3SS

F3SS

Alien Abducter

• 5,457 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:49 AM

As I said, Living Insurance. Why the hell not? Let's just make it simple.

Posted Image

#59    aztek

aztek

Alien Abducter

• 4,388 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:24 AM

lol, another dumb idea, as far as safety goes, great idea on many making and controlling our lives.

we see how good car insurance increases safety. NOT.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#60    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 3,429 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!
    It is not my intent to make anyone feel bad because of what I am writing.

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:25 AM

View Postninjadude, on 04 February 2013 - 05:00 PM, said:

http://www.courant.c...,0,538669.story

So what do the gun nuts think about this?

I think it is a op-ed. That is about it. I don't like the concept. I dont like the gun debate. Meanwhile the psychiatric meds side-effects are totally ignored. Meanwhile the official story of what happened is still being strongly and validly questioned.

The gun debate needs to stop now.

Arm The People, not the Generals.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users