Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mothman/Silver Bridge

DarlingNikki

Mothman  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Does mothman exist?

• Yes
    • No
    • Who knows, Who cares

Can anyone help me understand the connection between mothman and the Silver Bridge incident? I don't get it. :hmm:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheMuffinMan

• dragonlady_mothman

• Paranormalcy

• bluedragonfly

Presumably, the Mothman, or rather, Indrid Cole (who is most definitely NOT the Mothman, closer to a Man-In-Black) contacted John Keel and warned him of a great disaster "on the River Ohio" - which the Silver Bridge crossed. The Bridge, which was not Keel's first guess, did indeed collapse, killing many people.

WHY the Silver Bridge? I believe that is unknown. Fate? Chance? What significance does it have? None perhaps.

FINALLY! I have a chance to tell my story!

I studied the subject a few years ago, and the thing that caught my attention was an interview that said (I'm paraphrasing this because I can't find it again) "I was right off the bridge in my truck about to ship some goods to a local store when a series of events happened. I saw several mothmen and so did other people. The light was red. I was waiting for it to change because I was tired from driving and wanted to get home. All of the sudden one of the mothmen let out a screech and flew. The lights went crazy. After several moments of waiting, there was a huge explosion from under the bridge. I got out of there as fast as I could. I had to take an alternate route to get to the store, and when I got there the woman behind the counter asked me about the bridge. I told her I was there and she said about the deaths. I told her I ran out of there as fast as I could and didn't know about deaths. I asked her if it was a bomb and she said 'no. It just....fell.' I told her about the mothmen and she looked at me as if I were on fire."

It WAS a bomb! The M.I.B. KNEW that so many people saw the mothman/mothmen and couldn't shut them ALL up so they decided to stop the light, trap the witnesses, and bomb a part of the bridge. Since it was a suspension bridge, Everything is balanced. One thing goes, the whole thing goes. They bombed a part underneat, this pulled a support wire, it snapped, the bridge fell. They had no proof of any of this, and since the M.I.B. is probably with the government, they would get out of it anyways. The mothmen's disappearance could be explained by several things.

1) They knew they weren't welcome and sensed this when they realized the bomb thing.

2) They might have been caught by the M.I.B.

3) They could have been killed BY the bridge somehow

4) I don't know. 4 seemed like a good stopping point.

I hope I actually impressed someone with this. This is like the only time I've gotten around to telling anyone about my theory. Give me your opinions.

Edit: I can't believe I actually typed all that! haha that's the longest post I ever typed...

Edited by TheMuffinMan

Wow so they saw several mothmen so ther are many of this things??I always read reports that pepole allways saw one mothman.Hmmm??!!

Is there any report about other people hearing or seeing any explosion??Or just that truckdriver?

But never the less a intereting theory.

Is there anywhere else in the world that they reported Mothman or just in Ohio or entire America??

Edited by Nightmare Child

Actually it was West Virginia. But anyways, it was seen all over the world, but never again in point pleasant, which supports my first theory... An interesting side note about the me and the mothman, I live in the town where the movie was filmed... Kittanning, PA. Seeing this, you could say that me and the mothman are practically brothers.... (yeah that was a joke.)

Honestly, its either one. It was only spoken on the phone and to people, verbally, if I recall, and there's not really any way to verify it one way or the other, and I don't recall Keel's choice, but as he said, Cold, Cole and similar names were pretty standard for a lot of "aliens", Men In Black and other "paranormal" entitites to give, as their names - sort of like "Hi, I'm John Smith" - the name appeared to be more a gracious convention adopted for the benefit of the people and investigators, more than being truly a personal designation.

I don't know what truth the movie The Mothman holds, but it totally scared the bejesus out of me. It was the single-most scariest movie ever, probably because it was based on a true story :ph34r:

Very little truth. I was all excited when they were filming it... I was an extra in the one scene and I actually yelled at the diretor "THAT'S NOT HOW IT WAS IN THE BOOK!" between cuts. He didn't say anything... I was 9 at the time haha. Anyways yeah, if you read the book, there's very few things that were the same.

Thank GOD!! Now I can go back into the bathroom at night without thinking that the sink is going to talk to me :blink:

(I wish I was joking :P)

Don't be afraid of the sink... it's the toilet you gotta watch for.... >.<

wow the mibs blew up a bridge to get rid of a mothman sighting....has anyone heard of mothmen being angels? a form of cheribum?

Wow. I have seriously never heard that. If anything, I would have expected Dark Angels. But that's a neat idea. Any facts to back it up?

Various things have been suggested for MIB.

And actually the voice DID come from the sink, didn't it? I did read the book, a couple of times - but not lately.

I don't know. I thought it was coming out of nowhere. I just said about the toilet to be a moron haha.

So basically, people would be seeing and hearing a Mothman and then something bad would happen and then the Mothman would never be seen again????? Am I right, here?

Hmm i have seen the movie but is there any explanacion way is the mothman talking to him thrue the sink??And are there any other mothman siteings in the world that people saw mothman before some big disaster??

Yes, I saw a mothman-like creature in 2000 in Florida attacking my mother. She was dying from cancer at the time, but we did not know. She did not tell anyone. The "mothman" was a dark man-like creature that seemed more like a demon from another realm of existence. I was sleeping on the couch, and my mom was in the other room. I had come down the night before to visit her from St. Louis. All night long I was too terrified to sleep. The creature seemed to be attacking her "outside" of her body, as if it was pulling her from her corporal body. It was in a retirement village, and a man tried to chase the thing off-- he yelled at it to go away. Layer that night, we had to take my mom to the hospital,. She'd had a stroke. That was her last visit. She died three weeks later. I felt it was trying to kill her or was relishing in her pain. I do not have a history of delusions, and I was a science teacher, but this @*&^! happened. :sk

:blink:

I...

Hmm. Well. When my mom was in her last days, also cancer, she told me one day about a man dressed entirely in black, that sat down on the bed next to her - she felt the cusion sink under his weight. He had a mostly neutral face but a slight smile, the kind you have when working with the public, the "pleasant face". He didn't say anything, just sat there, quietly, with his head bowed. She didn't "sense" or get the idea he was angry, evil or scary - he seemed to just be waiting. She went to sleep and never saw him again. She died about a month later.

Also, the "mothman's" exit was accompanied by a blinding light. I thought someone was using a flashlight at first, but this was too,too bright to be any kind of flashlight. I'd never been so terrified in my life, and all I could do was ask for protection from God. It did not seem to be of this world or, maybe, this dimension-- maybe it was tacheon particles or something from some sort of spiritual world. Anyway, I did see it later the next year, in 2001 when I was sick from a thyroid disorder. It did not attack, but lingered at my door. Again, I asked for God to protect me. When in the hospital, I was not expected to make it-- because of complications, it was a wait and hope she makes it thing. I survived though, and after that I haven't seen the creature, and I hope to %$#@&! I never see it again. I also dreamt about it prior to my mother's illness. It was trying to pull my sister, mother, and I from a bedroom. It succedded in pulling my mother. My sister also got sick after my mom died--she had pancreatitis, but she survived, too. All of these illnesses took place in about a five-month period. The dreams started early in 2000, and my mother died in 11/2000. My sister was very ill in 2/2001, and I was in 3/2001.

Hmm i have seen the movie but is there any explanacion way is the mothman talking to him thrue the sink??And are there any other mothman siteings in the world that people saw mothman before some big disaster??

No report I've heard about 9/11 or Katrina I've really trusted, however, in the book, there are people who hear voices calling them by numbers, usually three-digit (remember the "Wake up number 37" segment?)

Apparently, this guy got up to go to the bathroom, and someone told him (as he was standing at the sink) "Number 4** (DragonLady forgets the exact number). You are Number 4**".

Keel thought it was interesting that the numbers are always round, three-digits. If everyone had a number, someone would be Number Six Billion Four Thousand Eighty-Two.

The dreams started early in 2000, and my mother died in 11/2000. My sister was very ill in 2/2001, and I was in 3/2001.

What dreams are you referring to? :)

What dreams are you referring to? :)

Prior to my mother dying, I had dreams about a dark-shapeless figure trying to pull us out of a long room that had three beds.