Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"Removed because of Copyright Violation"

Space Commander Travis

From time to time, it has been apparent in recent times, videos from popular video hosting sites will be removed for the reason above quoted. Since these are usually posted in all good faith and are, so far as anyone can tell, in the public domain, how can we be expected to tell whether or not there might be a Copyright violation, in order to avoid embarassment or confusion in future?

Just going

"*snip*

Removed because of Copyright violation"

does rather make it sound as if the person posting it was guilty of this offence, when this is rarely actually the case.

Look on the uploaders name

How will that help? A lot of things aren't posted by any official news outlets or anything, if we had to rely on official sources we wouldn't have a tenth of the stuff there is.

• Like 1

let alone that some offical never upload anything or have channels or offical sites even at times

Very few videos are removed from the forum for this reason and most of them are full length documentaries or films ripped off the TV.

We'll try to get a more concise guide written up soon on what to look out for when posting Youtube videos.

• 3 weeks later...

..Sort of on this topic..

I included a youtube link into a post I just made but when I previewed it, the link text vanished.. nothing else was affected. It happened again when I posted it - the youtube link text disappeared and no link or preview appeared in the post. But I tried editing the post and it allowed me to re-insert the link and it works.. ?huh?

I am puzzled - is this some sort of automated thing, and should I not be posting such links? Or is my browser behaving badly (Chrome, XP)?

Here's the post..

..Sort of on this topic..

I included a youtube link into a post I just made but when I previewed it, the link text vanished.. nothing else was affected. It happened again when I posted it - the youtube link text disappeared and no link or preview appeared in the post. But I tried editing the post and it allowed me to re-insert the link and it works.. ?huh?

I am puzzled - is this some sort of automated thing, and should I not be posting such links? Or is my browser behaving badly (Chrome, XP)?

Here's the post..

It was probably trying to convert the link in to embed code, we don't have an automatic system for filtering specific Youtube videos.