Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

pagans, atheists and historians wanted

Ever Learning

Ive been creating comic that doesnt include any of the Abrahamic religions, this isnt its main theme. being a christian i cant touch on christianity with out being preachy or not being fair to myself, so im doing away with it completely.

i have alot of my own ideas but i would like to know what you would think the world would be like with out the abrahmic faiths. dont worry about offending me and really try to imagine how the world would be like.

remember that Muslims also contributed to alot of our scientific knowledge. so i have to get rid of the Theology that inspired them to such heights.

have fun :)

• Like 1

I suppose Europe and the Americas would be Druid, the Middle East Zoroastrian, and Asia much as it is now.

• Like 1

I suppose Europe and the Americas would be Druid, the Middle East Zoroastrian, and Asia much as it is now.

thats what i was thinking im gunna have to decide how modern society would of been influenced in a celtic only enviroment and how government would be like and wether druids would still be in charge

i also have to account for nomadic peoples, there were some barbarians that were stopped by conversion to christianity

Yes,but even druid practices were even replaced by small sects of paganism,that had differences ,so not necessarily ,not to mention the afrocarribean religions developed on the other side of the world at the same time .

Santeria would not exist exactly as it does now,because it was developed to a degree by slaves,covering up their pagan ways from their Christian masters .

Voodoo and Palo would be more prevalent.

Many ancient pagan practices ,aside from druidism ,were matriarchal

So again ,it wouldn't be exactly the same .

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 1

Animist religions generally convert to more "civilized" religions when they settle in, and Classical paganism had gone all philosophical, so that is why I left them out. The Norse religions might still be around in Scandinavia and probably Russia would have gone Buddhist or Zoroastrian rather than Druid.

Without Jesuit missionaries the Japanese situation might have turned far less nationalistic and more Buddhist than Shinto.

Without the Muslims to do the murdering for them, Hinduism would probably not be as dominant in much of India and Buddhism there might have survived.

• Like 1

Yes,but even druid practices were even replaced by small sects of paganism,that had differences ,so not necessarily ,not to mention the afrocarribean religions developed on the other side of the world at the same time .

Santeria would not exist exactly as it does now,because it was developed to a degree by slaves,covering up their pagan ways from their Christian masters .

Voodoo and Palo would be more prevalent.

Many ancient pagan practices ,aside from druidism ,were matriarchal

So again ,it wouldn't be exactly the same .

tell me more, im loving the info your giving me
  • Like 1

Animist religions generally convert to more "civilized" religions when they settle in, and Classical paganism had gone all philosophical, so that is why I left them out. The Norse religions might still be around in Scandinavia and probably Russia would have gone Buddhist or Zoroastrian rather than Druid.

Without Jesuit missionaries the Japanese situation might have turned far less nationalistic and more Buddhist than Shinto.

Without the Muslims to do the murdering for them, Hinduism would probably not be as dominant in much of India and Buddhism there might have survived.

norse is going to play a big part as its one of my favs, alot of good stuff here, keep it coming :)

The Japanese are more Buddhist than Shinto . There are very few who practice Shinto exclusively . They are more Buddhist with Shinto folklore interwoven in day to day life .

There are some catholics ,but not a lot. I've never seen a catholic church in Japan .

There are more Hindu ashrams than catholic churches .

There are a few pagans ,but again .Slim to none .

They hated missionaries . It's why Catholicism never got a big foot hold .

• Like 1

tell me more, im loving the info your giving me

What do you want more of ?

I've done a lot of reading about my area of interest .

Many women were put off by the male dominated druidic sect.

They formed their own groups. They wouldnt necessarily even had a name. Many ancient practices that permeated Europe ,came from ancient Rome.

Stregehria is a direct result of Roman ritual .

Gerald Gardner ,the man who founded Wicca ,stole tons of his practices from the Stregha .He traveled extensively in Italy ,and observed them . He went back to the states and founded Wicca .

If you've never seen the TV series ROME ,I suggest you watch it .

It's historically correct . Watch it with all the add ons commentary that explain the language and subtle nuances .

Fascinating . Also ,the rituals they do in there,are literally the ones handed down that some of us do today.

Not the killing the bull and bathing in it blood ,but many of them . The same ,epochs later .

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 1

The reaction against the missionaries lead to Japanese anti-foreign nationalism. What you say follows just fine.

The reaction against the missionaries lead to Japanese anti-foreign nationalism. What you say follows just fine.

I know a lot of Japanese history .

All the japanophiles say they know a lot because they can quote lines from animes .

Then they know nothing of true Japanese history .

Feh .

The shinsengumi were formed in part ,because of the fear of foreigners invading ,and missionaries .

There's a very famous story of ....I think 23 ? Missionaries being throw into boiling hot springs.

I'd have to look it up . They were called something like ,the holy 23 or something .

• Like 1

I cannot find an article on just the boiling hot springs martyrs .

There's a stone markers with all their names at the site .

I will find it ,but here's an article about them being beatified ,and what the Japanese did to some missionaries .

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2008/Nov/22/il/hawaii811220340.html

my comic is fictional so as well historical tips, id be interested what you would of wanted to happen to your fave civilizations in history

What do you want more of ?

I've done a lot of reading about my area of interest .

Many women were put off by the male dominated druidic sect.

They formed their own groups. They wouldnt necessarily even had a name. Many ancient practices that permeated Europe ,came from ancient Rome.

Stregehria is a direct result of Roman ritual .

Gerald Gardner ,the man who founded Wicca ,stole tons of his practices from the Stregha .He traveled extensively in Italy ,and observed them . He went back to the states and founded Wicca .

If you've never seen the TV series ROME ,I suggest you watch it .

It's historically correct . Watch it with all the add ons commentary that explain the language and subtle nuances .

Fascinating . Also ,the rituals they do in there,are literally the ones handed down that some of us do today.

Not the killing the bull and bathing in it blood ,but many of them . The same ,epochs later .

i would love to hear about any female groups and will defo check out the rome recommendation. part of my comic is that there is a pantheon of gods who come to earth and one of them brings all the mythologies to life, so all the mythologies of the world will be the lesser gods but will still have alot of their power but limited to there territories of origin.

believers can extend there territories tho

i would love to hear about any female groups and will defo check out the rome recommendation. part of my comic is that there is a pantheon of gods who come to earth and one of them brings all the mythologies to life, so all the mythologies of the world will be the lesser gods but will still have alot of their power but limited to there territories of origin.

believers can extend there territories tho

As I said,I'm not sure of names of the sects . I'm aware of some of their rituals.

Let me see what I can dig up .

• Like 1

If all religion disappeared then the world might improve a bit, but human nature won't. People will likely find different reasons to get angry and passionate about for good and bad.

Crime might go up due to lack of some people worried about a "punishment" after death, or it might not.