Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Screaming Bridge

Brazos Paranormal

Yeah a little info would be nice.

I feel like a kid whose been asking for candy too long and mom just goes 'here!' and hands me my Mars bar.

dude, you posted this 3 times already...??? And it's the same video, I checked.

edited to add that last sentence.

Edited by coldethyl
  • Like 2

On the night of February 4th, 1961 a car filled with six Arlington teenage girls plunged off a burned out wooden bridge where then Arlington-Bedford Road (renamed Greenbelt Rd) approached the railroad tracks in far North Arlington. The tracks themselves run parallel to a drainage ditch (mistakenly reported to be a creek in various newspaper articles of that time) which the bridge spanned.

The Arlington High School coeds were out joyriding after leaving a movie that evening. As the girls' car approached the crossing at approximately 45 mph, the incline of Arlington-Bedford Rd. and darkness prevented them from seeing the bridge was out. At 9:30 pm their vehicle left the road and impacted the other side of the ravine (which sloped up to the old Rock Island Railroad track) landing upside down.

http://www.theboneya...ngton_texas.php

[media=]http://youtu.be/6caxzGup_Ak[/media]

Edited by Still Waters
Reduced amount of copied text & added source link

The guy in the video asks why they would not want people to get on the bridge! maybe because part of it is missing?!

Can you come back with this story when a ghost is actually captured, cos as of now, I can`t see the story in this which would hold my interest.

• Like 2

A werid distorted picture taken under this bridge .

Edited by Brazos Paranormal

Having problems posting a pic.

Edited by Brazos Paranormal

A werid distorted picture taken under this bridge .

Are you referring to the graffiti?

In one of the videos you can see the orginal wooden posts for the old wood bridge they burned down.They built a concrete bridge to replace it.

Distorted picture takin below screaming bridge

And?

It says "I like Turtles". Terrifying.

• Like 2

[media=]

[/media]v

YouTube video of text of unsourced news story about a tragic accident. Overdubbed with screaming sounds. Video continues with photos of orbs that have no apparent or given link to the previous bit of 'video' and is overdubbed with a looping sound sample of what sounds like a monkey or some other animal making noises.

This is the kind of hardcore investigation into the paranormal backed with facts, cited newspaper articles, sourced eyewitness accounts, etc. that convinces me. The animal noises and silly overdubbed screams are what convinced me really.

Edited by Archimedes
  • Like 4

I like the news article, let me find it and see this is true or relevant to this story

• Like 1

Thanks for posting the video cool old bridge , it could be haunted

I call this sheer utter bunk on the idiot who didn't read the article before trying to create this stupid mythical story.

Here is the picture.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t186/reidrocks/Screaming%20Bridge%20Arlington%20Texas/screaming3.jpg

Read the bloody article, the 6 girls that fell off the bridge DID NOT DIE! It shows that THEY ARE INJURED. What it explains of ANOTHER incident where there was a PREVIOUS crash where a woman and two girls had died.

Please, Drop the crap here.

• Like 3

Thanks for posting the video cool old bridge , it could be haunted

You should just copy the phrase "Thanks, could be true" into your clipboard to save typing the exact same thing into every single reply you make. Edited by Archimedes
  • Like 4

Its alote of ground . I will have to do another video to further cover every angle of this story .

Distorted picture takin below screaming bridge

That "distortion" looks awfully similar to "motion".

• Like 4

Ok, so digging around about this.. Kind of a weird story. But the bridge shown in the OP video is NOT the 1961 accident location, it's the 1978 location, I'm pretty positive about that. On armchair research without subscriptions to anyones archives and relying on other folks research... And I almost don't want to share info considering that the OP charges 20 bucks a head for tours and isn't providing research himself, but for the sake of sharing information with the rest of UM I will. Better know a haunt and all :)

The location of the bridge in the 1961 accident is at 32.803502,-97.14018 which on the maps is Arlington Bedford/Bedford Arlington Road or Greenbelt Road, and that's the road listed from the 1961 article involving the 6 young ladies. Looking at the maps, it seems that particular section of road is no longer in service, and a bit of it is no longer existent, and there is no bridge anymore. It was a north/south running road, which would make sense since it was supposed to connect Arlington to Mosier.

The location from the OP video is 32.79332, -97.137874 which on the maps is Tramel Davis Road, a completely different place than the 1961 accident. And it's only Tramel Davis, not otherwise known as Greenbelt or AB road- TD and the bridge is directly off Greenbelt. On the maps it looks like a dead ringer for the bridge in the OP video. Now I read around that there was an accident on that bridge in October 1978 involving a head on crash. Accident records show there was indeed a 2 car accident with 1 fatality on October 6th in Arlington, but I wasn't able to dig up more. This is an east/west bridge, which does not make much sense to connect Arlington to Mosier in 1961.

Also a don't make much sense.. The 1961 article states the car going into a ravine that had RR tracks, not the river- the witness to the 1961 accident slowed for a train and avoided falling himself. But the OP bridge crosses a river and has no RR tracks- there wouldn't have been a train to stop for there.

And the bridge of 1961.. It had a drainage ditch sometimes mistaken for a creek. After the accident the wooden ramains of the bridge were bulldozed, large drainage tunnels were placed, and the whole thing covered in asphalt. There was a train and auto accident there in 1994, and with that came shutting down the road entirely.

The bridge in the OP video is clearly over over water too big to be mistaken for anything like a drainage ditch or creek like is suggested in the 1961 bridge- this bridge crosses the Trinity river, something I terribly doubt would be mistaken for anything else. Clearly not a drainage and RR area either. Though accounts of the 1978 bridge suggest a wooden bridge dressed in concrete, which would support the OP's bridge videos.

All in all, I find this a fascinating ghost legend. With just a tiny bit of research it very demonstratively shows how an urban legend can shift from place to place. Much like witch graves, crybaby bridges, hell gates, hanging trees, ect..

Back to the haunt itself :) Sure, there might be haunting going on, I don't rule it out entirely. However, screaming in outdoor natural areas are usually well explained without any haunts.. Particularly along sound corridors like railway and water passages. Sound carries, and it can be amazing what effects you can get.

I wandered all over to get this info.. But references to what I wandered around in..

I plugged in the coordinates into google maps and bing to get look around.

Youtube directly for the OP's videos- and trying to backsource those.

http://www.strangeus...h.CZKJMcQG.dpbs for more info. And the OP sources it on Youtube.

http://www.theboneya...ngton_texas.php according to the OP second post in this thread, post #4.

http://www.angelfire...mingbridge.html which provides more info- and gives link source and credits to the folks that source the map that the OP did not credit in post #13.

http://www.city-data...gton-Texas.html for where I found accident in Arlington in October 1978. Lists from 1975 to 2011, though it does not disclose locations. I guessed from the three that year in October given the information given that it was Oct. 6- this based off some accounts that a bad crash happened between 2 autos that year with fatality.

Edit: I could be wrong about all of this...

Edited by rashore
  • Like 5

Its alote of ground . I will have to do another video to further cover every angle of this story .

And yet you ignore the evidence that it is just a myth and the facts YOU provided were NOT researched correctly.

Seriously, Read THE NEWS ARTICLE!

• Like 3