Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unusual plate from estate sale

BiffSplitkins

My wife and I really enjoy going to estate sales and auctions. Every now and then we come across a pretty unusual item like this one that I am posting. We have no clue what this is, other than a plate that has what looks like Fidel Castro and maybe Nixon on it.

I figured with UM members being from all around the globe here that maybe someone can give me some history on it. The plate is roughly 5 inches in diameter.

Any ideas?

20160310_183511_zpsmgeoggpv.jpg

• Like 2

The background figure is more likely to be Nikita Khrushchev, Castro's principal playmate in the 'Bay of Pigs' punch-up.

Bear with me, I may be on the trail of your plate.

• Like 2

I agree, the background profile looks more Nikita than Richard ~

• Like 1

The background figure is more likely to be Nikita Khrushchev, Castro's principal playmate in the 'Bay of Pigs' punch-up.

Bear with me, I may be on the trail of your plate.

My wife said it looked like Khrushchev as well. Damn she's probably right again. I'm just wondering what the bloody knife signifies? The estate sale that we purchased this item from also had some old 'blackface' style sculptures as well. So, I'm guessing that the family that owned the house was not too politically correct.

• Like 1