Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

How Power Corrupts

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#16    pantodragon

pantodragon

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 01:51 PM

Were you lot all born yesterday?!! And are you actually reading what I am saying?  Published in a medical journal?  When I’ve rubbished science?  Accused it of lying and cheating?  Accused it of protectionism via the peer review system?  Accused it of being a delusion?  Don’t be stupid!

You all waded in with accusations of lying, of unbelievable arrogance, and every other expression of derision you could think of, and loudly demanded proof when I stated that I had cured autism.  I can only imagine, then, what decibels of disbelief you will reach when I list my other achievements: I have also cured schizophrenia, paranoia, depression, anxiety, PTSD and a variety of physical ills which were psychologically based.

So first off, a lesson about the real world: who stands to lose if a cure for all these illnesses is found by a person working outside the system?  Mr ICI and all the other big drug company bosses. Therapists, doctors, and all members of the medical professions.  Educators and researchers.  Whole university departments would have to be looking for alternative employment.  All of these have an investment in maintaining these illnesses.  None of them will tolerate an upstart who threatens their position.  All big companies have policies to protect themselves by ensuring that competitive upstarts are sabotaged and go under before they can grow big enough to seriously compete.  The medical profession is protected by professional qualifications and by peer review.  Even the therapists have organisations which give accreditation so that anyone who is not accredited by some organization is suspect by the public.  Under these circumstances, anyone who has the ability to think and work outside the box had better do so privately, even in secret, if they wish to survive.

Then there are the autistic, the schizophrenics etc, themselves.  The question here is: how many of them actually wish to be cured and are prepared to make some effort to achieve a cure?  And the answer, unfortunately, is: very few.

People are indolent and self-absorbed and prefer to escape from reality than to deal with it.  They treat their illnesses like valuable possessions: it’s the goose that lays the golden egg i.e. gets you out of work, gets you privileges, gets you precedence in many situations (seat at the front of the bus, the car parking spaces nearest the shops, excuses you from having to pass exams, allows you days off work etc, etc), gets you out of tricky situations such as dealing with the boss or police, helps you get books published, art sold, gets you on radio and TV, gets you sympathy and makes you the centre of attention.  In fact, the illness often becomes the person’s whole life; they create a social network usually involving others with the same illness, get involved in starting or working in charities, give their lives over to raising money for their particular charity, become authorities on their illness such that they can dispense advice --- in modern parlance, the illness becomes their Unique Selling Point, both professionally and socially.  Even the parents or carers, not to mention assorted relatives and hangers-on, get to make mileage out of the disorder.

One might suppose that this lack of interest from those who have the conditions might manifest as simply ignoring someone like myself who actually has a cure --- no such thing.  Hostility, anger, attack, those are what the “poor souls” direct at anyone who DARES to suggest that there may be a cure.  I have rarely been attacked with more hysteria, determination and viciousness than by those who stand to benefit from my work.

So, you want proof?  Well, bog off!  What you want is for me to reveal myself and my work so that you can attack, can try to discredit and rubbish, can kill the cure before it ever becomes a threat to your cherished illnesses.

#17    Beany

Beany

Poltergeist

• 3,212 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:00 PM

You do make a lot of unsubstantiated claims, and without any sort of explanation or evidence that they are true, it's reasonable that people would question them. You are basically anonymous, no one has any idea of your education, experience, age, etc., and no way of determining how valid your claims are.

#18    sk8tan71

sk8tan71

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

View Postpantodragon, on 02 April 2013 - 01:51 PM, said:

Were you lot all born yesterday?!! And are you actually reading what I am saying?  Published in a medical journal?  When I’ve rubbished science?  Accused it of lying and cheating?  Accused it of protectionism via the peer review system?  Accused it of being a delusion?  Don’t be stupid!

You all waded in with accusations of lying, of unbelievable arrogance, and every other expression of derision you could think of, and loudly demanded proof when I stated that I had cured autism.  I can only imagine, then, what decibels of disbelief you will reach when I list my other achievements: I have also cured schizophrenia, paranoia, depression, anxiety, PTSD and a variety of physical ills which were psychologically based.

So first off, a lesson about the real world: who stands to lose if a cure for all these illnesses is found by a person working outside the system?  Mr ICI and all the other big drug company bosses. Therapists, doctors, and all members of the medical professions.  Educators and researchers.  Whole university departments would have to be looking for alternative employment.  All of these have an investment in maintaining these illnesses.  None of them will tolerate an upstart who threatens their position.  All big companies have policies to protect themselves by ensuring that competitive upstarts are sabotaged and go under before they can grow big enough to seriously compete.  The medical profession is protected by professional qualifications and by peer review.  Even the therapists have organisations which give accreditation so that anyone who is not accredited by some organization is suspect by the public.  Under these circumstances, anyone who has the ability to think and work outside the box had better do so privately, even in secret, if they wish to survive.

Then there are the autistic, the schizophrenics etc, themselves.  The question here is: how many of them actually wish to be cured and are prepared to make some effort to achieve a cure?  And the answer, unfortunately, is: very few.

People are indolent and self-absorbed and prefer to escape from reality than to deal with it.  They treat their illnesses like valuable possessions: it’s the goose that lays the golden egg i.e. gets you out of work, gets you privileges, gets you precedence in many situations (seat at the front of the bus, the car parking spaces nearest the shops, excuses you from having to pass exams, allows you days off work etc, etc), gets you out of tricky situations such as dealing with the boss or police, helps you get books published, art sold, gets you on radio and TV, gets you sympathy and makes you the centre of attention.  In fact, the illness often becomes the person’s whole life; they create a social network usually involving others with the same illness, get involved in starting or working in charities, give their lives over to raising money for their particular charity, become authorities on their illness such that they can dispense advice --- in modern parlance, the illness becomes their Unique Selling Point, both professionally and socially.  Even the parents or carers, not to mention assorted relatives and hangers-on, get to make mileage out of the disorder.

One might suppose that this lack of interest from those who have the conditions might manifest as simply ignoring someone like myself who actually has a cure --- no such thing.  Hostility, anger, attack, those are what the “poor souls” direct at anyone who DARES to suggest that there may be a cure.  I have rarely been attacked with more hysteria, determination and viciousness than by those who stand to benefit from my work.

So, you want proof?  Well, bog off!  What you want is for me to reveal myself and my work so that you can attack, can try to discredit and rubbish, can kill the cure before it ever becomes a threat to your cherished illnesses.

Wow, pantiesinabunch, you must be right there with zoser in writing for Crack Pot Quarterly.  Because your arguments and refutations are the hallmarks of classic quackery.  First of all, you blame the system for being corrupt and using a thought process that may seem logical on its surface (they want to keep you barely sick to make more money).  But is littered with a fallacy, the basic inhumanity of keeping a person in that state.  Show me the smoking gun that proves this, so then we can arrest the CEOs of the drug companies, but you can't even though I'm quite sure you will claim you can but then your life would be in danger or you would be sued into obscurity or you would be imprisoned as a danger to society or maybe all three.  Who knows, and who really cares?  Because I don't about any thing you may say about it.

The reality is that quacks, such as yourself ignore facts when trying to prove your point.  You don't take into account that not all diseases are the same and in cases such as HIV and Cancer, the treatments are not a one size fits all, just like with treating psychological issues, just because a drug works on one person, does not guarantee that it will work the same way on another person.

So go back to your cave in Afghanistan and sacrifice goats or drink the menstrual blood of virgins or whatever passes as medicine for you while the rest of the rational and sane world understands that we are just getting into these illnesses and know that breakthroughs take years, not seconds, in the development of a drug.

In the beginning the universe was created.  This made a lot of people angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

#19    pantodragon

pantodragon

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:11 PM

View Postsk8tan71, on 02 April 2013 - 04:32 PM, said:

Wow, pantiesinabunch, you must be right there with zoser in writing for Crack Pot Quarterly.  Because your arguments and refutations are the hallmarks of classic quackery.  

You wouldn't know quackery if a duck came up and bit you on the bum!  Which is why the big drugs companies, other vested interests, can take you to the cleaners.  They have you where they want you, kicking you in the teeth, robbing you blind and getting you to kiss their a***s for the privelege.

#20    sk8tan71

sk8tan71

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:10 PM

And where is your proof of this great conspiracy?  Absence of proof isn't proof, it is absence of proof.  Like I said, you're a quack.  If there was this conspiracy, there would be a backlash against the pharmaceutical-insurance-medical industry like no tomorrow.  It is the best interest of the military-industrial complex to have its workers and soldiers healthy, not sick.

In the beginning the universe was created.  This made a lot of people angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams

#21    Beany

Beany

Poltergeist

• 3,212 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:50 AM

Evidence: The available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.
Opinion: A view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
Misanthrope: A dislike of humankind.

Thank you, Wiki.

#22    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:45 AM

View Postpantodragon, on 02 April 2013 - 01:51 PM, said:

-snip-

-snip-

Your statement shows that you have obviously no idea what you are talking about. I pity you.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#23    pantodragon

pantodragon

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:47 PM

View PostTheSearcher, on 05 April 2013 - 06:45 AM, said:

Your statement shows that you have obviously no idea what you are talking about. I pity you.

You may indulge your pity, but I will enjoy my good health.

#24    Beany

Beany

Poltergeist

• 3,212 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:36 AM

You put forth some statements & conclusions without satisfying any burden of proof. Your ideas are provocative, and perhaps that's your intent, in which case you've succeeded. However, because of lack of evidence, proof, statistics, or information that indicates you have acquired some sort of education or specialized knowledge, your arguments aren't persuasive. You've clearly thought about this a lot, I'd be interested in knowing what kind of research or reading or personal experiences helped you reach those conclusions. I've read the arguments, I'm wondering what led you to these conclusions. What was your thought process? What kinds of critical thinking skills did you employ? How did you get from A to B?

#25    pantodragon

pantodragon

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:13 PM

View PostBeany, on 09 April 2013 - 02:36 AM, said:

You put forth some statements & conclusions without satisfying any burden of proof. Your ideas are provocative, and perhaps that's your intent, in which case you've succeeded. However, because of lack of evidence, proof, statistics, or information that indicates you have acquired some sort of education or specialized knowledge, your arguments aren't persuasive. You've clearly thought about this a lot, I'd be interested in knowing what kind of research or reading or personal experiences helped you reach those conclusions. I've read the arguments, I'm wondering what led you to these conclusions. What was your thought process? What kinds of critical thinking skills did you employ? How did you get from A to B?

First of all, I do not write to persuade or convert to my world view, so no proof is required.  This in itself arises out of my world view.

However, you've asked for some answers, so I will attempt to satisfy your curiosity in some measure.  This will take a little time, a day or two, so I will continue, or perhaps post my reply, as a new thread if it turns out to be substantial enough.

#26    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Hermit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts

• I'll scream for you in whispers, because I always hated being too loud.

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:14 PM

View PostTheSearcher, on 05 April 2013 - 06:45 AM, said:

agreed.

#27    pantodragon

pantodragon

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:17 PM

View PostIron_Lotus, on 11 April 2013 - 02:14 PM, said:

agreed.

See my reply to Searcher above.  Judging by your avatar, your health really could do with some attention.  There's actually more to an avatar than most people realise; as with the clothes one wears, the interests one enjoys, the people one chooses to mix with, the music one likes etc, it speaks of who they are.  (It's all in the interpretation.)

Edited by pantodragon, 11 April 2013 - 02:19 PM.

#28    Iron_Lotus

Iron_Lotus

Hermit

• 1,538 posts

• I'll scream for you in whispers, because I always hated being too loud.

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:22 PM

*yawns* I did.
However i would like to make something clear i in no way pity you, showing pity on someone means you care for them even if its a little bit, i do not. Now that that is cleared up my health is great! Thanks for wondering though :)

#29    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• 1,754 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:31 PM

View Postpantodragon, on 11 April 2013 - 02:17 PM, said:

See my reply to Searcher above.  Judging by your avatar, your health really could do with some attention.  There's actually more to an avatar than most people realise; as with the clothes one wears, the interests one enjoys, the people one chooses to mix with, the music one likes etc, it speaks of who they are.  (It's all in the interpretation.)
Can I ask what your interpretation of your avatar is?

Thanks! :su

Posted Image

#30    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 03:21 PM

View PostTimonthy, on 11 April 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

Can I ask what your interpretation of your avatar is?

Thanks! :su

I would imagine fairyland, but I could be of course mistaken.........

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users