Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Col. Charles Halt claims US UFO coverup

• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

#121    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 10,277 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:48 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 03 October 2012 - 07:41 PM, said:

I have posted it before, and it was not a regulation but a law passed by Congress in 1969, which could be interpreted very broadly.  It's a law that gives NASA the power to quarantine those who had ET contacts, and it concluded:

"Whoever willfully violates, attempts to violate, or conspires to violate any provision of this part or any regulation or order issued under this part or who enters or departs from the limits of a quarantine station in disregard of the quarantine rules or regulations or without permission of the NASA quarantine officer shall be fined not more that $5,000 or imprisoned not more than 1 year, or both."

http://www.google.co...EBQ1c4VHOegltaw

Thanks!

Hmmm, I will look for it again when I get home, because NASA regulation 14 CFR 1211 (which was pulled in the 1990s if memory serves) simply states that it is unlawful if you do not follow quarantine requirements if the Government so requests in case of ET contact and it was aimed at the folks at NASA that handles material from the moon, mars, comets etc. should it be brought back. There was no national security aspect, as I recall.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#122    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:57 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 03 October 2012 - 07:48 PM, said:

Thanks!

Hmmm, I will look for it again when I get home, because NASA regulation 14 CFR 1211 (which was pulled in the 1990s if memory serves) simply states that it is unlawful if you do not follow quarantine requirements if the Government so requests in case of ET contact and it was aimed at the folks at NASA that handles material from the moon, mars, comets etc. should it be brought back. There was no national security aspect, as I recall.

Some people say that it was repealed in 1991, but others that it was only revised and updated at various times in the 1980s and 1990s.

#123    Crazydad72

Crazydad72

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:04 AM

This was a good read.

#124    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 3,763 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:36 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 03 October 2012 - 07:57 PM, said:

Some people say that it was repealed in 1991, but others that it was only revised and updated at various times in the 1980s and 1990s.
Apparently, it's reserved nowadays (if it existed at all as claimed in your link, and not just figments of someones imagination).

Edited by bmk1245, 04 October 2012 - 10:37 AM.

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown)

#125    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:44 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 04 October 2012 - 10:36 AM, said:

Apparently, it's reserved nowadays (if it existed at all as claimed in your link, and not just figments of someones imagination).

Now listen to this guy.  Here again, he is not trying to "explain" anything, merely muddy up the waters.  This law has indeed existed since 1969 and is a well-known fact, not a matter of "belief" or "imagination"..

I think BMK knows this perfectly well, just as he knows that the Stephenville UFO in 2008 was not caused by "temperature" inversions, yet he and the other "skeptics" just toss these things out there every time in hopes that those who know nothing about the UFOs will fall for it.

#126    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 3,408 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!
    It is not my intent to make anyone feel bad because of what I am writing.

Posted 04 October 2012 - 02:38 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 30 September 2012 - 08:39 PM, said:

"They" regard this as their planet anyway, from long before we ever came on the scene.

I ba;llk at the concept of any species owning a planet.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#127    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:13 PM

View Postregeneratia, on 04 October 2012 - 02:38 PM, said:

I ba;llk at the concept of any species owning a planet.

Think about what you just said.  It is true just as some American Indians thought about their land BUT that was before more and more white men  came and dominated their culture and took their native lands. Species with higher technology tend to believe their knowledge gives them right to claim everything as their dominion even if it's not.

#128    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 3,408 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!
    It is not my intent to make anyone feel bad because of what I am writing.

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:51 AM

I think it is western thinking, handed down to us from Rome, not greece, that leads to the divide and conquor attitude that has prevailed for the last 3 thousand or so years. Time to let the divide and conquor need go, I think.

But I understand your sentiment. I have not forgiven the so-called "discovery" of the Americas. We know that discovery was a fraud.

View PostWhite Unicorn, on 04 October 2012 - 06:13 PM, said:

Think about what you just said.  It is true just as some American Indians thought about their land BUT that was before more and more white men  came and dominated their culture and took their native lands. Species with higher technology tend to believe their knowledge gives them right to claim everything as their dominion even if it's not.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#129    White Unicorn

White Unicorn

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:47 PM

View Postregeneratia, on 05 October 2012 - 05:51 AM, said:

I think it is western thinking, handed down to us from Rome, not greece, that leads to the divide and conquor attitude that has prevailed for the last 3 thousand or so years. Time to let the divide and conquor need go, I think.

But I understand your sentiment. I have not forgiven the so-called "discovery" of the Americas. We know that discovery was a fraud.

Attitudes and history tends to repeat itself across ALL cultures and I agree that it was handed down from the Roman Empire as a prime example for us.

#130    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,269 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:09 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 26 September 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

Halt and many others said that they not only saw craft land at the base in 1980, but also that films and still pictures were taken of it, and that at one point four ETs were seen as well.

I am curious as to how many men and women were posted at that base, and how many civilians also. To keep something like that from not being talked about, but by a few people does not make any sense at all.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#131    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:51 AM

View PostSakari, on 05 October 2012 - 05:09 PM, said:

I am curious as to how many men and women were posted at that base, and how many civilians also. To keep something like that from not being talked about, but by a few people does not make any sense at all.

I know nothing at all about that--absolutely nothing.

Here's a partial list of witnesses who have talked about it over the years, about 50 of them, but that's all I know.

http://www.google.co...-TUX3h48uNe_sHw

Edited by TheMacGuffin, 06 October 2012 - 08:55 AM.

#132    synchronomy

synchronomy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

• Facinating

Posted 06 October 2012 - 03:58 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 06 October 2012 - 08:51 AM, said:

Here's a partial list of witnesses who have talked about it over the years, about 50 of them, but that's all I know.

I didn't realize there were that many witnesses.
Makes you wonder how many witnesses are required for their collective testimony to be accepted as fact.
The head of the MoD at the time, I don't recall his name but I've seen him interviewed in a documentary said something like this when he was told that it was not a threat to national security..."If multiple eye witnesses in positions of high responsibility at one of the worlds most powerful airbases suffered mass halucination, then that is a matter of national security and if indeed they were not halucinating and the incident reported is fact, then that too is of interest to national security.  In either case it's a matter of grave concern"
*edit*
I found something on it, I believe it was this fellow, Lord Hill-Norton:
http://www.telegraph...files-show.html

Edited by synchronomy, 06 October 2012 - 04:03 PM.

At the heart of science is an essential balance between two seemingly contradictory attitudes--an openness to new ideas, no matter how bizarre or counterintuitive they may be, and the most ruthless skeptical scrutiny of all ideas, old and new.
This is how deep truths are winnowed from deep nonsense. -- Carl Sagan

#133    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 11,269 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:19 PM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 06 October 2012 - 08:51 AM, said:

Thank You

I do still wonder how many were there, and if interviewed ( I am sure they were ) how many said they saw, nor heard anything out of the ordinary. There had to be some people saying this wouldn't one think?

Not saying this did not happen, I love this case myself.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#134    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:52 PM

View Postsynchronomy, on 06 October 2012 - 03:58 PM, said:

I didn't realize there were that many witnesses.
Makes you wonder how many witnesses are required for their collective testimony to be accepted as fact.

I found something on it, I believe it was this fellow, Lord Hill-Norton:
http://www.telegraph...files-show.html

There are cases with dozens and hundreds of witnesses that are certainly factual, despite the fact that when it comes to UFOs there is always this group of self-styled professional "skeptics" whose job it is to state that all eyewitness testimony is unreliable, even when they see aliens landing and emerging from their craft, as they did in this case.

There are even pictures of one of these UFOs on the ground and of the radar scope that detected three or four of them, which I have posted here.

All I can say is that if human perceptions are so unreliable as some of these "skeptics" would have us believe, then it's a wonder that the species every emerged from the Stone Age.

#135    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:54 PM

View PostSakari, on 06 October 2012 - 04:19 PM, said:

Thank You

I do still wonder how many were there, and if interviewed ( I am sure they were ) how many said they saw, nor heard anything out of the ordinary. There had to be some people saying this wouldn't one think?

Not saying this did not happen, I love this case myself.

It's been happening for 30 years as more and more people have come forward and been interviewed or told their stories in more detail.  There was a lot more happening in this incident than lights in the sky or some guys seeing one UFO land in the woods, although the original witnesses did not know all this information at the time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users