Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Neanderthal to be born to surrogate mother?

Saru

There have been indications that a cloning experiment to create a live Neanderthal may be on the cards.

While the idea of reviving Neanderthals may sound farfetched, take for example the work of biologists to clone endangered or extinct non-human animals.

arrow3.gifRead more...

Don't feel like this is something we should do.

Also wouldn't the money, resources and scientists be better put into something that will actually help the human race.

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 4

Oh dear, not more Frankenstein science. :no: They really work hard to dispel the myth that Science is primarily interested in tampering with nature, don't they.

• Like 2

Human already can get along just because of creeds colors and religion and someone wants to create an all new specie alltogether???? Shouldn't scientist start working on improving the majority of human in new ways of thinking?

Forgot to say... I'm sure there isn't going to be a problem finding a chickybutt who will volunteer for it.

Edited by Paracelse

will be needed to be the surrogate mother for the first Neanderthal baby in some 30,000 years.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

?? isn`t the world ending by then?

Eventually, this could lead to a Neanderthal-like embryo in need of a surrogate mother.

like? oh dear, Frankestein it is. Just because they are "scientists" does not make this right. I wonder if someone is 'sponsoring' them to do this? just shows some of these scientists have no qualms about playing with nature, and yet so many rely on evidence they give us.

will be needed to be the surrogate mother for the first Neanderthal baby in some 30,000 years.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

?? isn`t the world ending by then?

I think they must mean "the first for 30,000 years", not that they'll be ready to do it by about then.

• Like 2

I think they must mean "the first for 30,000 years", not that they'll be ready to do it by about then.

Possibly, but the first 30,000 seems a long time to do this research. :cry:

maybe they need a sponsor to cover the costs for 30,000 years, i do hope the sponsor is not the tax payer.

• Like 2

If this was about birthing an extinct animal, we would be all over this, saying how great and what an achievement it was.

Er, no ....... we wouldn't!

• Like 2

If this was about birthing an extinct animal, we would be all over this, saying how great and what an achievement it was.

But it isn`t.

Er, no ....... we wouldn't!

i see you have changed your hair colour...nice. :D

How would you feel as a freakish object of experimental scrutiny for a entire lifetime. A bit of empathy required in this type of experimentation.

• Like 3

i see you have changed your hair colour...nice. :D

Thank you! :D And the blue of my ripped t-shirt sets it off perfectly, doesn't it?

• Like 2

How would you feel as a freakish object of experimental scrutiny for a entire lifetime. A bit of empathy required in this type of experimentation.

yep , would not be a free person... for sure.

• Like 2

yep , would not be a free person... for sure.

yes, that's the difference from recreating an extinct Animal; it's a whole different ball game, ethics-wise. It is getting very close to the dream,s of Dr Frankenstein.

• Like 2

Possibly, but the first 30,000 seems a long time to do this research. :cry:

maybe they need a sponsor to cover the costs for 30,000 years, i do hope the sponsor is not the tax payer.

What they mean is if it succeeded it would be the 1st Neanderthal for 30,000 years (since they died out) not that it will take 30,000 years to do it. ;)

What they mean is if it succeeded it would be the 1st Neanderthal for 30,000 years (since they died out) not that it will take 30,000 years to do it. ;)

I am getting that now, but it would not be the 1st for 30,000 years, it would be the first Neanderthal-like embry, which as pointed out, is a whole different ballgame.

Just one? Why not three or four, so the poor thing isn't lonely? I wouldn't want to be the only one of my kind, would you? And what are they planning to do with the poor creature once it is born? Study it for as long as it lives, I suppose. Hope they never do this.

• Like 3

Just one? Why not three or four, so the poor thing isn't lonely? I wouldn't want to be the only one of my kind, would you? And what are they planning to do with the poor creature once it is born? Study it for as long as it lives, I suppose. Hope they never do this.

Only one for the moment, they will not know what kind of freak they have created until the surrogate gives birth to it. But if they do not succeed, am sure they will keep trying!

Its true.. honestly.. what are they using, 30,000 year old sperm? even in the frozen state there. There still brain degrade.. or more specifically neural degrade. No point in doing it. Might as well just decode the Stationary an "civilized" species codes and documentations.. Posibly even the traveling neanderthals co allignment between the two human species aquiature and documentation.. No reason for pulling a fake and acting like all is ok.

that sounds amazing guys do it!!!that would be awsome too bringing extinct animals like a Sabertooth tigers and etc but also the first human as well.that would make history its so cool and exciting to hear this guys.i say do it!!!theres no harm anyway.plus we get to study and see a live neandethraw and see it in action.

Edited by King Cobra 1408

this story is a lot like the story of the ice king, of Atlantis encased in a giant Ice Volcano, a supposed Atlantic city, completely evacuated except for one corpse at a supposed throne in the ice encasing. Brain put into a childs head and his neural system still being in tact but in a shock state from the reality change and the concept of being born.

Apparently some sort of American Revolution... I have a link from a i forgot what they were called.. Knights or whatever who were supposedly killed. They posted something on it. Not how I know bout it. Just intrigued me that there the only ones to mention the story.

Edited by KainFall

that sounds amazing guys do it!!!that would be awsome too bringing extinct animals like a Sabertooth tigers and etc but also the first human as well.that would make history its so cool and exciting to hear this guys.i say do it!!!theres no harm anyway.plus we get to study and see a live neandethraw and see it in action.

But its is not a Neanderthal, its Neanderthal-like embry. You will not be seeing a real Neanderthal in action, you will be observing a creature created in a lab...if it even survives....do you think this is a good thing to study the poor thing?

• Like 1