Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Bigfoot Prints in Colorado

bigfoot footprints

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1    Supersquatch

Supersquatch

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

• Supersquatch powers, activate!

Posted 22 June 2013 - 04:27 PM

Cryptozoologists start early:

Posted Image

#2    soulcaliber

soulcaliber

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:37 PM

View PostSupersquatch, on 22 June 2013 - 04:27 PM, said:

Cryptozoologists start early:

Edited by soulcaliber, 22 June 2013 - 06:39 PM.

#3    Sakari

Sakari

Say it how it is

• 12,924 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:38 PM

My size 8 boot, in mud, leaves a size 13 print by the time I pull my boot out and the mud with it.

Then add in the weather, rain, drying, rain....

No way this was a person leaving those holes......Or a Bear.

I saw no sign of humans there either, well, the kid and his dad are one sign, and there dog.....And I guess the downed trees from cutting lumber could be a sign...

Nah, a Bigfoot sounds more interesting......

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#4    soulcaliber

soulcaliber

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:44 PM

So its not that old 21st Jun, can u tell me which place.
Their should have been at least 2 footprints or more,and judging by the hardness of the earth, it could be estimated the weight of the bigfoot to be 1 tonn or more.
Its preety hard to accept  it a genuine bigfoot print,  nature can weather those soils, by wind, rain...heat and cold does it things.
It s  very weak evidence. :)

Edited by soulcaliber, 22 June 2013 - 06:52 PM.

#5    Skeptic Chicken

Skeptic Chicken

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:01 PM

I find potholes in the road all the time.

Must be Bigfoot.

My User Name is a loving memory of how much I want to know about the worlds secrets, that I forgot to look up the definition of "skeptical" before I made my account.

#6    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 5,504 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:14 PM

View PostSkeptic Chicken, on 22 June 2013 - 07:01 PM, said:

I find potholes in the road all the time.

Must be Bigfoot.

Very true and the DOT fills them in!!! It's a cover-up!

"and the DOT fills them in" lol I know that's the funniest part of my joke

Edited by QuiteContrary, 22 June 2013 - 08:16 PM.

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

#7    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 5,504 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 08:15 PM

View Postsoulcaliber, on 22 June 2013 - 06:44 PM, said:

So its not that old 21st Jun, can u tell me which place.
Their should have been at least 2 footprints or more,and judging by the hardness of the earth, it could be estimated the weight of the bigfoot to be 1 tonn or more.
Its preety hard to accept  it a genuine bigfoot print,  nature can weather those soils, by wind, rain...heat and cold does it things.
It s  very weak evidence. :)

No, in true bigfoot fashion there should only be one footprint.

#8    Macroramphosis

Macroramphosis

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 319 posts

• "The clever men at Oxford
    Know all that there is to be knowed.
    But they none of them know one half as much
    As intelligent Mr. Toad!"

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:45 AM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 22 June 2013 - 08:15 PM, said:

No, in true bigfoot fashion there should only be one footprint.

And in true bigfeet fashion there would then be more ? :)

“You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.”

#9    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,215 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:27 AM

I have to agree that to make such a deep imprint, the bigfoot would have to be supernaturally heavy. The kid and his dad don't even leave scuffs on th3 ground. Plus the footprints are full of sticks. My first guess would be similar to Sakari, that it is simply a boot print that originally made in mud and has weathered down.

This is not good evidence of Bigfoot. :cry:

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#10    Domina Lucis

Domina Lucis

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

• "I'm not dead, so I'm obviously doing something right."

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:05 AM

Wait, wait. Hold on a second.

I thought Bigfeets covered their footprints so that way people don't track them. Just like how they often hide from humans good enough so that we never have solid evidence of them, but bad enough so that we can get countless blurry pictures and terrible footage of them, not to mention the tons of eyewitness reports that people have of them. So they're really great at hiding, but also bad at it too? Meanwhile, we have dead bodies and clear photos of the giant squid, which lives in the depths of the ocean where no human can easily go? And Bigfoot live in forests in one of the most populated countries in the world?

...What?

Sorry for my rambling. Just wanted to make a point. Anyways, yeah, this looks fake for reasons already said.

Posted Image

Domina Lucis

#11    Sakari

Sakari

Say it how it is

• 12,924 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:06 AM

View PostDomina Lucis, on 26 June 2013 - 08:05 AM, said:

Wait, wait. Hold on a second.

I thought Bigfeets covered their footprints so that way people don't track them. Just like how they often hide from humans good enough so that we never have solid evidence of them, but bad enough so that we can get countless blurry pictures and terrible footage of them, not to mention the tons of eyewitness reports that people have of them. So they're really great at hiding, but also bad at it too? Meanwhile, we have dead bodies and clear photos of the giant squid, which lives in the depths of the ocean where no human can easily go? And Bigfoot live in forests in one of the most populated countries in the world?

...What?

Sorry for my rambling. Just wanted to make a point. Anyways, yeah, this looks fake for reasons already said.

Your signature GIF is fricken awesome !

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

#12    Domina Lucis

Domina Lucis

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

• "I'm not dead, so I'm obviously doing something right."

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:12 AM

View PostSakari, on 27 June 2013 - 02:06 AM, said:

Your signature GIF is fricken awesome !

Thank you, kind sir! :)

Posted Image

Domina Lucis

#13    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:17 AM

View PostDieChmayn, on 25 June 2013 - 07:27 AM, said:

I have to agree that to make such a deep imprint, the bigfoot would have to be supernaturally heahe kid and his dad don't even leave scuffs on th3 ground. Plus the footprints are full of sticks. My first guess would be similar to Sakari, that it is simply a boot print that originally made in mud and has weathered down.

This is not good evidence of Bigfoot. :cry:

The only thing wrong with that is that it goes against the established laws of physics. Muddy boots are going to increase the amount of area in contact with the ground. Any time you make a dent or punch apeice of steel the required calculation is the force divided by the area. If you increase the area then the resultant force in pound per square inch is REDUCED not increased.
So if you have giant feet then you need a very heavy weight to make a deep impression. And in all.my years of tracking, I've never seen footprints get significantly larger. A little maybe in snow due to freezing and thawing.......but on bare ground. Never.

#14    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 5,504 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:40 AM

Imo:
I know I'll take heat for this, but when I see kids doing this, it just bugs the heck out of me. As Dad tells him... we are in a Squatchy area... and there are a lot of them in CO... and yes son you've got a Squatch print... yadda yadda yadda. The kid is too old for the Easter Bunny, he's too old for Bigfoot tales AS FACT. There, I said it.

"Some people think so, Son. What do you think? Why? What else could this be? What other signs can we find? Why is that a sign of BF instead of another animal? What animals live around here? Let's find their tracks." etc Help your child to think, not push an undocumented creature on him as fact. Let him be curious and explore and test out his own thoughts,  give him room and a little guidance and good resources.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 27 June 2013 - 07:43 AM.

#15    Sakari

Sakari

Say it how it is

• 12,924 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:26 PM

View Postkeninsc, on 27 June 2013 - 07:17 AM, said:

The only thing wrong with that is that it goes against the established laws of physics. Muddy boots are going to increase the amount of area in contact with the ground. Any time you make a dent or punch apeice of steel the required calculation is the force divided by the area. If you increase the area then the resultant force in pound per square inch is REDUCED not increased.
So if you have giant feet then you need a very heavy weight to make a deep impression. And in all.my years of tracking, I've never seen footprints get significantly larger. A little maybe in snow due to freezing and thawing.......but on bare ground. Never.

Then you have not worked, hiked, tracked or hunted in mud /clay before.

Wildhorse tracks in Nevada, and cattle, around water holes are a lot bigger then their hooves are.

When you walk in mud such as this type, you do not need a Scientific evaluation to figure it out.

You step in, the mud has to go somewhere, and that somewhere is up the sides of the boots, all around, and up, waving over the top. A lot of the mud sticks to the boot ( shoes, feet, hooves, etc. ). The hole is there, and the boot took something out of where the hole was not to create the hole. If you had flat mud, and have a 3 inch depression later, that debris had to go somewhere.

When the mud ( clay also ) dry, the prints are going to be bigger then the thing that made them. They were bigger when they were made.

Then, when it rains, or get wet again, the hole does get bigger, and at the same time starts to fill in. The sides of the hole erode, forming bigger " prints ", until, eventually the holes are filled in again.

Anyone that has trully hunted, or hiked around water holes, rivers, creeks, lakes, etc. should know this.

Edited by Sakari, 27 June 2013 - 04:45 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

Also tagged with bigfoot, footprints

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users