Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

student voted 'Most Likely to Assassinate Bush'

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1    Super Pancake

Super Pancake

Bwa Ha HA HA HA

• 4,131 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 05:14 PM

High School Yearbook Draws Federal Scrutiny

May 27, 2005 -- Identifying students as "most likely to " is traditional high school yearbook fare, but the supposed inclination of one Colorado student has drawn the attention of the Secret Service.

After about 100 yearbooks were distributed to the students at Mesa Ridge High School in the Colorado Springs suburb of Widefield earlier this month, somebody complained about the caption under one student's photograph, which reads "Most likely to assassinate President Bush."

The caption not only upset the school administrators, it also prompted an investigation by the Secret Service.

Lon Garner, special agent in charge of the Secret Service's Denver District, said all threats against the president must be investigated.

"That's our mission," he said. "That's what we do."

Widefield School District officials said the Bush caption, along with another that read "Most likely to hack into the FBI files to see what really happened at Roswell," were pranks that should have been caught before the yearbooks were printed, but weren't.

The district did not release the names of the staff or students involved.

School officials asked students to return the yearbooks that had already been handed out, and about 70 were returned.

Staff members used black markers to cover up the words in those and the still-undistributed books, leaving most students at the school with yearbooks with a black mark under the student's picture to cover up the phrase that caught the Secret Service's interest.

"They kind of ruined our yearbook," said Christina Tredway, who just graduated from the school.

District spokesman James Drew said future yearbooks will be triple-checked before printing.

source
source 2

Sucks to be that kid probably be on a watch list for a long time! laugh.gif

#2    _Nyx_

_Nyx_

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 11,262 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 05:17 PM

You'd think this school would have had a responsible faculty member doing a final edit. Yeesh. This poor kid is branded now as a threat to national security.

#3    fallingalien

fallingalien

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

• UFOs are underneath the Solar Tide

Posted 28 May 2005 - 05:24 PM

thats waht he gets for acting like he's funny adn cool. once one idiot try's to be funny about bush, a whole bunch follow!

Getting banner

#4    ABOTU

ABOTU

L'Isola Sola

• 2,090 posts

• Instant Karma's Gonna Get You

Posted 28 May 2005 - 06:14 PM

wow..... kind of funny

Posted Image

^Nadia is my hero!

Participant in largest mass booting from UM chatroom.

#5    TheOriginalF

TheOriginalF

Psychic Spy

• 1,453 posts

• "Well I'm sorry dad, I won't live in your...microwave oven world any longer. You people have carpet on your hearts!"

Posted 28 May 2005 - 06:16 PM

Well that was just plain stupid! Both the school and the kids should hang there heads in shame... mad.gif

<center>"Christ! I work hard all day, I expect a normal ham meal, not, not--Voodoo pork!"<center>
<center>Posted Image<center>

<center>8th Degree of the Steel Circle: May intelligence, rationale, and logic reign. <center>

#6    Idriss

Idriss

Travelling through Space

• 1,151 posts

• Hello Doctor! Its very nice to meet you :)

Posted 29 May 2005 - 01:43 AM

QUOTE(TheOriginalF @ May 29 2005, 07:16 AM)
Well that was just plain stupid! Both the school and the kids should hang there heads in shame... mad.gif

View Post

I agree  yes.gif even though myself i disagree with President Bush i still would not say that i wanted him dead to try to be funny!  no.gif i bet that kid is gunna be watched ph34r.gif from the government for a long time...............

"Loving life!"

#7    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,565 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 29 May 2005 - 02:13 AM

QUOTE(Kahrie @ May 28 2005, 07:43 PM)
QUOTE(TheOriginalF @ May 29 2005, 07:16 AM)

View Post

I agree  yes.gif even though myself i disagree with President Bush i still would not say that i wanted him dead to try to be funny!  no.gif i bet that kid is gunna be watched ph34r.gif from the government for a long time...............

View Post

Yep, he earned himself a permanent gov file.

#8    Idriss

Idriss

Travelling through Space

• 1,151 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 02:20 AM

QUOTE(pallidin @ May 29 2005, 03:13 PM)

View Post

Its a shame really disgust.gif  how one stupid childish act can effect your life FOREVER   yes.gif

"Loving life!"

#9    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,565 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 02:57 AM

QUOTE(Kahrie @ May 28 2005, 08:20 PM)

View Post

Its a shame really disgust.gif  how one stupid childish act can effect your life FOREVER   yes.gif

View Post

Yes it is a shame. But let it be a lesson to everyone that threatening the U.S. President is not only illegal, it does not bode well for the general psyche of the individual.

#10    Idriss

Idriss

Travelling through Space

• 1,151 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 03:14 AM

QUOTE(pallidin @ May 29 2005, 03:57 PM)
QUOTE(Kahrie @ May 28 2005, 08:20 PM)

View Post

View Post

Yes it is a shame. But let it be a lesson to everyone that threatening the U.S. President is not only illegal, it does not bode well for the general psyche of the individual.

View Post

Funny that, i HATE George Bush devil.gif  and will admit that i have told people i would want to do something like that blush.gif , but of coarse would NEVER carry it out, for all you know this kid could have been hatching a plan.............. unsure.gif

"Loving life!"

#11    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,565 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 03:44 AM

QUOTE(Kahrie @ May 28 2005, 09:14 PM)

Funny that, i HATE George Bush devil.gif  and will admit that i have told people i would want to do something like that blush.gif , but of coarse would NEVER carry it out, for all you know this kid could have been hatching a plan.............. unsure.gif

View Post

Alienation of ideals from our "rulers" or other heads-of-state is a healthy and welcome attitude. This should never be wrong.
The manners in which one expresses such alienation is, however, remanded to that individual to do so in a decent, mature way.

#12    jjtss

jjtss

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 03:44 AM

I think the complainant should be voted "Most Likeely to be Mentored by Bush".  If everyone ignored the original comment it would have passed into oblivion by July.

#13    Idriss

Idriss

Travelling through Space

• 1,151 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 03:51 AM

QUOTE(pallidin @ May 29 2005, 04:44 PM)
QUOTE(Kahrie @ May 28 2005, 09:14 PM)

:

View Post

Alienation of ideals from our "rulers" or other heads-of-state is a healthy and welcome attitude. This should never be wrong.
The manners in which one expresses such alienation is, however, remanded to that individual to do so in a decent, mature way.

View Post

Well its not like i'm going to actually do something, i aint that retarted  wacko.gif

"Loving life!"

#14    Great Big Sea

Great Big Sea

Poltergeist

• 2,459 posts

• We should respect a person not because who they are, but what they do with their life, is the way they earn our respect.

Posted 29 May 2005 - 03:56 AM

Wow, poor guy but stil he shouldn't have wrote that.  hmm.gif

"This is probably the strangest position I've been in on this show." Adam Savage.

"Notice how he says "On this Show." Kari Byron

Mythbusters.

#15    AztecInca

AztecInca

Martian

• 9,013 posts

• All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good people to do nothing.

Posted 29 May 2005 - 03:57 AM

I cant understand why a final edit of the yearbook wasn`t carried out by staff to remove such stupid pranks, they are the ones trullt at fault here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users