Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Using a Ouija board

Bling

Hiya! Do you say anything before the pen starts moving? Do you call out or anything? I've seen these things on TV and I think it's very interesting, but is it safe? Do you need to close down the session as you would with a Oujia Board?

I still haven't ruled out using a Ouija board, I just need to be 100% sure because I do believe in the paranormal, with a respectful apprehension.

Hi Bling, Sorry it took so long to reply, my time on the forum is hit and miss. The only thing I say before I start a session is, "I address this question to my Higher-Self", then I ask the question. I never say anything special to close a session, because I am basically communicating to my self. Whether you experiment with automatic writing or the ouija, I believe it is safe as long as you are careful to state who you are speaking to. I have been doing this for a few years and haven't had any problems.

• Like 1

Hi Bling, Sorry it took so long to reply, my time on the forum is hit and miss. The only thing I say before I start a session is, "I address this question to my Higher-Self", then I ask the question. I never say anything special to close a session, because I am basically communicating to my self. Whether you experiment with automatic writing or the ouija, I believe it is safe as long as you are careful to state who you are speaking to. I have been doing this for a few years and haven't had any problems.

Thanks! Something for me to consider....

What's important to remember is that what you see happening on the surface of an Ouija board is not something that is coming from "inside your brain." Everything that you see happening on the Ouija board is resulting from the fact that your brain is interacting with the rest of the Universe to create an experience that has meaning to you.

Consciousness -- in other words -- everything we experience --is the achievement of the "entire human being" interacting with its environment.

The bottom line is, the information that comes across to you on the Quija board is created by you IN COOPERATION -- with other materials outside of yourself -- and this means that the information that comes to you across the Ouija board is a communication between you and something that is other than you

Also: A lot of people will tell you that the Ouija board is "just a toy" made by Parker Bros. But so what?. Any object in the Universe can be used as a toy. For example, if I was a kid I could pretend that a crescent wrench was a magic wand. I would be using it to play wizard. That does not mean the wrench is still cannot be used as a real tool to turn a bolt. In the same fashion, you can say the Ouija board is "just a toy" and make your intent to use it that way, just as you could use a wrench as a magic wand. But you could also use the Ouija board as a way to gather novel information from some other location in the Universe.

Edited by IronGhost
  • Like 3

What's important to remember is that what you see happening on the surface of an Ouija board is not something that is coming from "inside your brain." Everything that you see happening on the Ouija board is resulting from the fact that your brain is interacting with the rest of the Universe to create an experience that has meaning to you.

Consciousness -- in other words -- everything we experience --is the achievement of the "entire human being" interacting with its environment.

The bottom line is, the information that comes across to you on the Quija board is created by you IN COOPERATION -- with other materials outside of yourself -- and this means that the information that comes to you across the Ouija board is a communication between you and something that is other than you

Also: A lot of people will tell you that the Ouija board is "just a toy" made by Parker Bros. But so what?. Any object in the Universe can be used as a toy. For example, if I was a kid I could pretend that a crescent wrench was a magic wand. I would be using it to play wizard. That does not mean the wrench is still cannot be used as a real tool to turn a bolt. In the same fashion, you can say the Ouija board is "just a toy" and make your intent to use it that way, just as you could use a wrench as a magic wand. But you could also use the Ouija board as a way to gather novel information from some other location in the Universe.

Thank you :)

To be absolutely honest....this thread and the advice given here on the forum in general is making me think it's far more serious than I thought, so I'm hesitating until I feel it's completely the right thing for me to do. I feel I've been sensitive to the spirit world for most of my life and I'm kinda scared that I might come into contact with something untoward (it would be just my luck) and I don't think at this time in my life I would cope with it particularly well. So, I'm not rushing into it just yet, I'm going to follow more advice, because I respect and believe....but know I know very little!

Yeah. I was going to play a game of Operation until somebody warned me against it. They said it was evil and could do things, but couldn't specify what or how or even prove it. I just put the game away and I have never touched it since. I'm scared just thinking about!

Come on! It's just a board game. You're letting these people get in your head and convince you to believe in their claptrap.

• Like 3

Yeah. I was going to play a game of Operation until somebody warned me against it. They said it was evil and could do things, but couldn't specify what or how or even prove it. I just put the game away and I have never touched it since. I'm scared just thinking about!

Come on! It's just a board game. You're letting these people get in your head and convince you to believe in their claptrap.

Monopoly scares me too...it's frightening how good at it I am!

• Like 2

It is a board game but is just that is not JUST A BOARD GAME. It's something else, too. The Ouija board is a continuation of a kind of divination that has been around for easily thousands of years. For example, the ancient Chinese had a method of placing esoteric symbols on turtle shells, and then there were many way over the years in which these symbols were used to extract meaning out of the environment -- I realize many will say, "well, so what this is just ancient mumbo jumbo" -- but that's not my point here -- my point here is that the Quija board is not just a board game -- it leverages methods that have been used by esoteric tradition in many cultures over uncounted millennia -- the ancient Greeks, for example use "sigil wheels' -- which were essentially "round Quija boards" -- they weren't considered "board games" by those cultures -- so the argument that the Ouija board is just a board game is demonstrably false and also extremely simplistic.

Here is an ancient tortoise which might be considered an extremely early version of an Ouija board (and not made by Parker Bros. because that company would not exists for another few thousands years):

tortoise-shell-divination.gif?w=500

Edited by IronGhost
  • Like 3

I agree IronGhost, I don't think just because Hasbro released it as a game then we should assume it's a load of mumbo jumbo. I believe it's more than a game, and that's why I'm not rushing into using one and have asked lots of questions. The truth is I don't know!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The board is just a tool. True your subconscious. Moves the glass or planchet but what does your subconscious know?

Well I personally would never do it. I have heard horror stories and have had to deal with demons. I really don't see the point. You already know entities exist, you've been haunted before.. you don't need to prove anything further to yourself. Demons want to kill you, f you up, or get you on drugs, tear you up etc... why take the risk?

Well I personally would never do it. I have heard horror stories and have had to deal with demons. I really don't see the point. You already know entities exist, you've been haunted before.. you don't need to prove anything further to yourself. Demons want to kill you, f you up, or get you on drugs, tear you up etc... why take the risk?

Thanks ;)

• Like 1

To be absolutely honest....this thread and the advice given here on the forum in general is making me think it's far more serious than I thought, so I'm hesitating until I feel it's completely the right thing for me to do. I feel I've been sensitive to the spirit world for most of my life and I'm kinda scared that I might come into contact with something untoward (it would be just my luck) and I don't think at this time in my life I would cope with it particularly well. So, I'm not rushing into it just yet, I'm going to follow more advice, because I respect and believe....but know I know very little!

I said this before, and I still feel the same :)