Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

OH, KY and IN paranormal investigations?

MissTigerLily

I am a 23 year old female looking for likeminded and openminded friends to "ghost hunt" with in the Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana areas. I have never been ghost hunting but had my first violent experience around this time last year with a ghost. I am an empath and read energy quite well. I am only in town for another 2 weeks.

thank you for reading,

Tiger Lily

post-133045-0-33042200-1346798987_thumb.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MissTigerLily

• Ashotep

• notoverrated

• JLWolf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I live too far away to join your group but I would like to go ghost hunting. I think it would be fun and exciting to see another one. Which my experience with a ghost wasn't a bad one.

What was your encounter with a ghost like. If you don't want to talk about it on here pm me.

Welcome to UM.

When i had the experience I wrote it in a short story because i didn't want to forget what i felt and all that jazz. Here it is for you. let me know what you think and thank you for the welcome.

>Mid- October 2011 two of my co works/model friends and I braced the 5 hour drive from our week long stint in Las Vegas and ventured to Nikki’s mother’s home in Phoenix, AZ. I sat in backseat, playing DJ and occasionally piping in on Nikki and Annie’s conversation. They are long time friends; and I am just the lucky bystander that will be joining them in a cross-country trip back to Colorado. Ok, what I am getting at is, I really don’t know these girls that well. Other then a few nights spent causing havoc on the strip and the eight (hangover) hours spent working an aviation convention, we are just starting to get acquainted.

>

>After almost running over every desert animal we could find and an hour or so nap on my part, we arrive at our destination. Which was a stunning desert home in a suburban neighborhood and even at 2:30ish AM (when we arrived) it had quite a presence.

>

>Because it was late and Nikki’s siblings had school in the morning we snuck into the house, left our bags outside and headed straight bed. Annie and I shared a bed in the upstairs quest room right by the master bedroom and Nikki joined her mother in her room.

>

>Up until this point everything was normal. We both laid down and within minutes Annie was asleep. I generally have a hard time sleeping but within 20 min I began to slip into a dream state, and then experienced the most remarkable and most frightening moments in my life.

>

>In my dreams, or whatever realm I was in, I was surrounded by beautiful, breathtaking and overwhelming blue skies with cotton ball clouds. I remember thinking, “am I outside? This is wonderful and so beautiful.” The feeling from the dream almost brought me to tears, waves of emotions consumed me and then everything got dark. The feeling changed instantaneously to dread and fear as I slipped further into (what seemed like) a dream.

>

>I’m not sure if I felt or heard the presence first but there it was, next to me. A mans low voice speaking in tongues then a low growl, coming from where my friend Annie was lying next to me. The growls began to escalate and grow, louder and more sinister. Next I felt pressure on both of my shoulders before something or someone pushed me down into the bed. Then my body began to pulsate, like I was being shook awake. After what seemed like an eternity, but was most likely 5 seconds I woke up startled.

>

>At this point my initial reaction was to check on Annie, because the growls were coming from where she was laying. I looked over her body in the dark,. I have to input, I am a pretty good read on energy, I can feel it and sometimes see it being exuded from people, that being said, Annie might as well been dead, or not present. I couldn’t feel her presence; it was as if she was covered by a dark cloak that masked her completely from my view.

>

>I laid back down, brushed this all of as lack of sleep and a vivid imagination and closed my eyes. Granted, I WAS TERRIFIED. Don’t get it twisted. But seeing to the fact Annie had not been disturbed and I really didn’t want to wake her claiming I had been attacked in the same bed she was peacefully sleeping in. I sucked it up and tried to brush it off.

>

>NOT A GOOD IDEA.

>

>Within 3 minutes of me closing my eyes I became trapped in the dark dream realm and was now fighting something that had me by both of my wrists and was pulling me out of bed. Violently. We fought back and fourth for 10 seconds. Until, somehow, I severed the connection and open my eyes to me sitting straight up in bed, arms extended at a 90’ angle.

>

>I jumped out of bed, not even thinking to wake my friend and walked passed the open door to Nikki’s moms room. By some blessing both were still awake, chatting. I calmly asked if I could go downstairs for a glass of water while searching desperately though my phone for the number of a guy friend of mine who happens to be an oracle. After leaving a tearful and distressed message pleading him to call me back and help me, I ventured back upstairs to face the music.

>

>Granted, I am NOT a religious person, but the only thing I could think of that would protect me was a Bible. When I asked Nikki and her mom for one, at 3am, they both looked at me generally taken back and inquired what I needed it for because It was in some storage boxes and it might be a challenge to retrieve it. Feeling that the Bible was absolutely necessary, I asked a far more alarming question.

>

>“Have you ever had any paranormal activity in this house?”

>

>Terror, disbelief and shock. Both parties jumped out of bed and approached me with fear in their eyes and asking me what had happened.

>

>“I think I was just attacked by something.”

>

>Turns out I was. Nikki’s mother explained that there was a man, murdered by his wife in her bathroom. The wife had claimed that he had killed their son and that he had been abusive to her, though neither of these were ever proven. At this moment I was reduced to pile of tears and the reality of the situation sunk in.

>

>Turns out I am not the only one to be bothered by this “spirit”. On several occasions the mother has witnessed objects moving in front of her. She had told me that she had kind of a relationship established with this spirit and has “talked” to him before. More like talked at him and told him to cut the crap or she would move out. But turns out, as we all sat up together, mulling over what had happened with a fresh cup of coffee, we were able to associate two possible possessions in the house to the “spirit”.

>

>One was of a friend of the Mother, who they had thought had too much to drink mixed with pain pills and started crawling on all fours and speaking gibberish after being put to bed in the room I was attacked in.

>

>The other was my friend Nikki. One night she had been drinking and hanging out with her family and another family at the house. Out of the blue she started talking about the murder, got restless and was walked up and put to bed in the same room. NOW, Nikki can drink, I learned that in Vegas and yet her mother and Nikki had both realized that she had only 6 shots that night. Not even remotely close to the amount of booze I have seen her drink in one sitting. After she was put to bed, she woke up in a screaming, and “possessed” state as her mother described it and was threatening to shoot herself in the head. (The man who was murdered was shot in the head) Nikki became so out of control her own mother had to call the police and take her to the hospital where she didn’t snap out of this uncontrollable rage for FIVE hours while being strapped down to a stretcher.

>

>The connection to these events didn’t happen until we were all sitting together, going through old house documents and goggling the murder on the Internet. None of us slept that night. I refused to go upstairs for the reminder of the trip and slept on the couch and read a Bible passage for protection every morning and night. I have always been a believer and very in tune with my own personal energy, but now I am more then a believer. I am coming to realize that my connection the spirit world runs fairly deep and it is NOT a force to be reckoned with.

• 2 months later...

I am currently looking to put together a team to professionally investigate sites throught Kentucky. If you or anyone you know would still be interested you can find me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/nakletso

http://www.facebook.com/pages/JL-Wolf/197404583631003?fref=ts.

I am writer, and have had my own experiences throught the states, so as noted before I am looking to put together a team

• 1 month later...

I live in the Ohio area near the Mudhouse Mansion. I have been wanting to investigate that place forever, but that will never happened. There is another place I wanted to investigate in the Athens area, called The Ridges which the college now uses for the school. The Ridges used to be the old Athens insane asylum/ hospital.