Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The great & powerful Oz ?

ellapenella

A cube, a cube ! ...The Holy of Holies was a cube, can you believe it ? . It's length, width & height were all equal to 15 feet.

I think that's why Stephen was stoned to death also. He outed them about their evil ways as did Yeshua.

A cube, a cube ! ...The Holy of Holies was a cube, can you believe it ? . It's length, width & height were all equal to 15 feet.

I think that's why Stephen was stoned to death also. He outed them about their evil ways as did Yeshua.

The new Jerusalem also seems to be a massive cube 1500 miles on a side! Check this out:

http://www.gciweb.or... Mike Daily.pdf

There's a LOT of info there but pages 6 and 7 attempt to give some idea just how massive a place it will be.

Edited by and then
  • Like 1

I don't know but, when I first learned of the depiction of the New Jerusalem, I didn't like it. I think the cube thing is why I didn't like the image of it described. What's it suppose to be like Heaven on Earth or something? It doesn't seem natural to me to imagine things like that. Who wants to think cube when nature is so beautiful ? Maybe I'm missing something about it symbolically?

Is it suppose to be golden , a golden cube?

Edited by Ellapennella

about time being heat ? - I know that sounds weird but ...time is what really? it's energy that without the the sun we would not exist and as for the destruction of the world that is spoken of in the link provided , it just made me wonder, is all , about time and these days we live in and the days that others lived in whereas their times were historic and pretty scary.

Y'all are just too weird. I don't get it at all. I don't think I want to get it, because I would end up as insane as y'all are.

• Like 2

Y'all are just too weird. I don't get it at all. I don't think I want to get it, because I would end up as insane as y'all are.

I don't get it either and I know I trump their weirdness.

• Like 1

To each, his own, GG. Unless you've got some really militant Christians in your part of Florida, I don't see what the problem is. If I understand your religion and please correct me if I don't, you do not believe in an afterlife of consciousness? My father in law is 90 next month and he's the same except without the festivals ;)

He believes that when he takes his last breath and the lights go out, everything about him will be completely at an end. There is a lot of room to discuss and disagree with doctrine in Christianity but to take the attitude that nature, including all of earth and the heavens we know of, could be the result of some random event is for me FAR more weird. I think all of us are like children at heart in one respect. We do NOT want anyone telling us what to do, even if we know it might be good for us. Rather than deal with the dissonance created by refusing to obey a Creator that we acknowledge, we simply refuse to admit he's real. So what we perpetuate is an entire world full of self will run riot. That's not to condemn all decisions based on self will. Humans have shown a great capacity to choose courses beneficial to others even without personal profit but there is far too little of it. For the last 100K years or so, mankind has demonstrated a great predilection toward violence as a result of selfishness. As it was then, so it remains.

I think the greatest obstacle most people have to overcome to have faith is religions themselves. Imagine a very, VERY valuable secret being left for the benefit of all and having it embellished with man's traditions over centuries. Somewhere in there is a real gem but it is surrounded by gaudy distractions that make people reject wanting to take the time to learn about the joy it might bring. I saw a reference yesterday about a festival or holiday called Beltane. Do you observe it?

• Like 2

Well, I can understand some latest epiphany of something in the religious setting, the books, or in the belief. I would think the title should be a little narrowed into the description. I came into this thread thinking of how James Franco exactly was responsible for making Mila Kunis green, and then realized the Borg were involved. Then when the Borg say 'resistance is futile' from their cube, it was really Amy Pond, and she should know, she was there for a thousand years.

:w00t:

Seriously, though, I thought it was just me. But I see some others get just as confused in here.

What does Oz have to do with it, or is this just one great metaphor?

How does an entity, be a cube. ( unless of course, I need to go back and catch up on my Matt Smith Dr. Who episodes )

• Like 2

Well, there's lots of symbolism in the wizard of oz - but to answer your question - the secret behind the veil of the holy of holies has always reminded me of when Toto pulled the curtain open and exposed the wizard.

Well, there's lots of symbolism in the wizard of oz - but to answer your question - the secret behind the veil of the holy of holies has always reminded me of when Toto pulled the curtain open and exposed the wizard.

The "secret" behind the veil was the presence of God. Are you implying that, like the Wizard, God is something less than what He appears to be?

• Like 2

To each, his own, GG. Unless you've got some really militant Christians in your part of Florida, I don't see what the problem is. If I understand your religion and please correct me if I don't, you do not believe in an afterlife of consciousness? My father in law is 90 next month and he's the same except without the festivals ;)

He believes that when he takes his last breath and the lights go out, everything about him will be completely at an end. There is a lot of room to discuss and disagree with doctrine in Christianity but to take the attitude that nature, including all of earth and the heavens we know of, could be the result of some random event is for me FAR more weird. I think all of us are like children at heart in one respect. We do NOT want anyone telling us what to do, even if we know it might be good for us. Rather than deal with the dissonance created by refusing to obey a Creator that we acknowledge, we simply refuse to admit he's real. So what we perpetuate is an entire world full of self will run riot. That's not to condemn all decisions based on self will. Humans have shown a great capacity to choose courses beneficial to others even without personal profit but there is far too little of it. For the last 100K years or so, mankind has demonstrated a great predilection toward violence as a result of selfishness. As it was then, so it remains.

I think the greatest obstacle most people have to overcome to have faith is religions themselves. Imagine a very, VERY valuable secret being left for the benefit of all and having it embellished with man's traditions over centuries. Somewhere in there is a real gem but it is surrounded by gaudy distractions that make people reject wanting to take the time to learn about the joy it might bring. I saw a reference yesterday about a festival or holiday called Beltane. Do you observe it?

Do I believe in an afterlife? I have the courage and honesty to say I don't know. Those I have lost I keep in my heart and remember them. I don't spend my day worrying about it, either. I respect my ancestors, but in truth I know they didn't have access to what I have learned about the universe. ( Dear Uncle Thomas Cromwell, the Earth goes round the sun. Sorry you lost your head. Lessons learned. ) I like to think they would be pleased with how we have built on what they learned with new ideas and understanding and not stagnated in repetition of dogma.

Yes I am going to celebrate Beltaine. It is the celebration of spring's renewal of the Earth. We will circle, feast, bang drums and dance round the fire. I am sure I'll get very drunk on mead and who knows, I might even get lucky. ;) It is Beltaine, afterall.

• Like 2

Where are you getting this from? Did you read or saw something lately?

Where are you getting this from? Did you read or saw something lately?

In the holiest section of the jewish temple, or holy tent when they were wandering, was the arc of the covenant. This was also the place where god materialised to speak with the priests. An "unshriven" person might die in the presence of god, and so only certain very holy priests were allowed in the inner sanctum. They had a rope tied to their leg so that if they were struck down, or even died naturally, they could be pulled out without risking another life.

The room was concealed behind a veil, which, biblically, was torn asunder when christ died. Matt.27:51 . This reminds ellapennella off the scene in the wizard of oz where the curtain is pulled back to reveal the wizard. The OP question might thus be interpreted as asking, just what was the nature of the presence inside the inner sanctuary. ? Was it a real and powerful god, an ark guarded by two angels, or merely a box containing holy relics, laws and writings?

Edited by Mr Walker

I don't know but, when I first learned of the depiction of the New Jerusalem, I didn't like it. I think the cube thing is why I didn't like the image of it described. What's it suppose to be like Heaven on Earth or something? It doesn't seem natural to me to imagine things like that. Who wants to think cube when nature is so beautiful ? Maybe I'm missing something about it symbolically?

Is it suppose to be golden , a golden cube?

Until recent times man did not really consider nature beautiful. it was dangerous and needed to be tamed and controlled for human safety hence the city of heaven or Jerusalem is described as a material artefact of great beauty, with pearls and gold and precious stones On the other hand it will complement the natural beauty and wonder of eden according to the bible.

I knew there were specific measurements for the temple in Jerusalem but i dint realise there was a specific accurate description of the size and shape of the city itself.

The biblical description is of a city about 1500 miles in length and breadth, but it could be a pyramid shape, as no height is given.

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

Yes I am going to celebrate Beltaine. It is the celebration of spring's renewal of the Earth. We will circle, feast, bang drums and dance round the fire. I am sure I'll get very drunk on mead and who knows, I might even get lucky. ;) It is Beltaine, afterall.

One of my favourite festivals.. and I'm at work on it.. and I know they will frown if I light a fire and danced around it..

Hmm.. thinking of that.. I should try it.. :D religious beliefs and all that..

• Like 2

One of my favourite festivals.. and I'm at work on it.. and I know they will frown if I light a fire and danced around it..

Hmm.. thinking of that.. I should try it.. :D religious beliefs and all that..

Are you doing Samhain or Beltaine, being you're down under wouldn't the holidays be reversed? My friends aren't doing Beltaine on the actual day. To many conflicts with the actual day. They are doing a four day festival.

• Like 2

What is behind the veil? I think this is the question we are always asking and wondering about. Some of us give it a name and create elaborate conceptions, but it may just be something simple and elemental. Something too simple for us to easily understand, because we usually like to add complications to things we are unsure of.

Maybe behind the veil is the natural order, and very ordinary, everything we're used to. The mystery of the ordinary is extraordinary, but as we are one with it all, this astonishing mystery is us as ordinary human beings. When we accept and allow ourselves to become this natural order, we ourselves become that which is behind the veil.

• Like 2

What is behind the veil? I think this is the question we are always asking and wondering about. Some of us give it a name and create elaborate conceptions, but it may just be something simple and elemental. Something too simple for us to easily understand, because we usually like to add complications to things we are unsure of.

Maybe behind the veil is the natural order, and very ordinary, everything we're used to. The mystery of the ordinary is extraordinary, but as we are one with it all, this astonishing mystery is us as ordinary human beings. When we accept and allow ourselves to become this natural order, we ourselves become that which is behind the veil.

Good point. You're right, we complicate everything. Maybe God is found on the quantum level. Maybe that's why we will never 'see' God.

• Like 1

I'm still confused about this cube thing

• Like 2

Or on the macroscale and we are a part of god as the molecules in our rectum are part of us. It maybe about as aware of us as we are the molecules in our rectum.

• Like 1

Or on the macroscale and we are a part of god as the molecules in our rectum are part of us. It maybe about as aware of us as we are the molecules in our rectum.

Me and my rectum communicate just fine. In fact, I think it has become self-aware.

• Like 3

Are you doing Samhain or Beltaine, being you're down under wouldn't the holidays be reversed? My friends aren't doing Beltaine on the actual day. To many conflicts with the actual day. They are doing a four day festival.

Samhain.. you are correct in the reversal.. (actually got into a very heated argument with a former high priestess I knew.. as far as she was concerned we should celebrate the festivals at the same time as our northern cousins.. I said with the greatest respect when I called her a blithering F ****.. the coven kinda fell apart after that LOL )

but Beltaine falls when I am at work as well..

Me and my rectum communicate just fine. In fact, I think it has become self-aware.

does yours talk to you as well? mine like to give comments generally without warning.. and in the presence of polite company LOL

• Like 2

Samhain.. you are correct in the reversal.. (actually got into a very heated argument with a former high priestess I knew.. as far as she was concerned we should celebrate the festivals at the same time as our northern cousins.. I said with the greatest respect when I called her a blithering F ****.. the coven kinda fell apart after that LOL )

but Beltaine falls when I am at work as well..

does yours talk to you as well? mine like to give comments generally without warning.. and in the presence of polite company LOL

Well, it ain't 'The Holy of Holies', but it can cast out demons.

• Like 1