Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Everyone is in labor

markdohle

Everyone is in labor

(quote from a woman in a dream)

Dreams have always been important with me. I remember dreams that I had when I was six. Had them every night, so I guess I just got into the habit of remembering them. Almost all of my breakthroughs in my life have come from information or insights that have been presented to me by my dreams. Many people give importance to their dreams. Dreams have always been around and many people are guided by them. I am not sure how important it is to remember dreams in themselves, I believe they may just be telling us what is going on in our lives before we are consciously aware of them. Of course many dreams are nonsense and are dealing with stresses that happen the day before. There are many theories about dreams, but I guess we tie into those theories that flow from our experiences. So I believe that dreams can be a form of ‘revelation’ for the dreamer.

A few days ago I had a very small dream, when this woman came up to me and said, ‘Mark, everyone is in labor”. I woke up and thought it significant for me and have been thinking about it off and on for the last few days. The dream reminded me of this scripture quote:

“A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world.” John 16:21

To say that each person struggles in his or her life is an understatement. When anyone spends any length of time talking to people they are always dealing with something. There is always stress and anxiety and fear. So to say that we are all in ‘labor’ does ring true for me. I would imagine that when a child comes into the world from the womb it is not a pleasant journey and a fearful one at that. The reason I am saying that is some people seem to remember their time in the womb. I don’t know how that is possible but I believe this is true. For me it only deepens the mystery of our consciousness.

Yet like the labor of giving birth, which I have been told is one of the most painful physical experiences that one can go through, often ends in joy and forgetfulness of the pain experienced. My mother had 11 children and she always forgot the pain and only remembers the joy of a new birth.

If we are truly pilgrims, then we are on a journey and on that journey we encounter many instances of suffering and pain. Yet we get through them, and if true to our calling, we will find joy and peace on the journey as well. If the process of our lives is rebelled against, then I believe we only suffer more. The less we are in touch with reality the more we suffer I believe.

Christ said his burden is light, and it is lighter than when we go our own way and seek to escape pain and suffering in ways that only bring on other problems. This weekend we are having a ‘Serenity” retreat. It is a 12 step AA group that has been coming here for years and when talking to them, they get it; they have learned that to live according to the will of ‘their higher power’ brings serenity and peace to their lives.

Edited by markdohle
  • Like 3

Everyone is in labor

“A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world.” John 16:21

To say that each person struggles in his or her life is an understatement. When anyone spends any length of time talking to people they are always dealing with something. There is always stress and anxiety and fear. So to say that we are all in ‘labor’ does ring true for me. I would imagine that when a child comes into the world from the womb it is not a pleasant journey and a fearful one at that.

Spirituality or religion, depending on one's path, is part of the ingredients of love that nourishes the "inner child" while on Earth. When the moment of physical death comes, the "inner child" is born to this new, otherworldly reality, but survival is not guaranteed. Will the "child" have enough strength to cry out if isolation in darkness is his or her first experience?

I agree. We are all in labor. What we do on Earth will either give us the power to cry out and feel justified...or fall into the "unknown." I say, "unknown," for I have never actually experienced the death of the soul, even though my insight (especially during my sojourn in the Void) tells me that it is oh-too-real. It is interesting to say, however, that the Bible talks about the death of the soul because I was not aware of it. I was Kundalini teacher and a wizard the last time I died...and anything Christian was ABSOLUTELY the last thing on my mind. I dumped Christianity when my extremely devout mom (more devout than a saint, mind you) died of liver cancer (within 3 days of her official diagnosis).

• Like 2

Spirituality or religion, depending on one's path, is part of the ingredients of love that nourishes the "inner child" while on Earth. When the moment of physical death comes, the "inner child" is born to this new, otherworldly reality, but survival is not guaranteed. Will the "child" have enough strength to cry out if isolation in darkness is his or her first experience?

I agree. We are all in labor. What we do on Earth will either give us the power to cry out and feel justified...or fall into the "unknown." I say, "unknown," for I have never actually experienced the death of the soul, even though my insight (especially during my sojourn in the Void) tells me that it is oh-too-real. It is interesting to say, however, that the Bible talks about the death of the soul because I was not aware of it. I was Kundalini teacher and a wizard the last time I died...and anything Christian was ABSOLUTELY the last thing on my mind. I dumped Christianity when my extremely devout mom (more devout than a saint, mind you) died of liver cancer (within 3 days of her official diagnosis).

Thank you for your interesting reply my friend. Sorry about your mom, you did not have much time did you after they found out she had cancer.

Peace

Mark

• Like 1

Sorry about your mom, you did not have much time did you after they found out she had cancer.

No, and I was very much in shock. It was so unexpected. She went to see our family physician because of a stomach problem... Looking back now, it was actually a blessing that she didn't go through the chemo, etc., but she died a painful death -- by the look on her face.

I was unprepared, regardless, and I didn't expect Christ to let her go through such agony (for being such a pious, devout woman). She actually didn't die of cancer; her heart simply collapsed because of lack of energy during the operation.

Interesting to say, she visited me in a dream 3 days later after she was buried and told me that she's in a good place and I shouldn't worry; nevertheless, I was heartbroken because my mom and I were best of friends (I was her favorite). During that time, early '90s, I also dreamed about my guardian angel...

It's fascinating that "3" is such an important number in Christianity.

Edited by Ehrman Pagels 1
  • Like 1

No, and I was very much in shock. It was so unexpected. She went to see our family physician because of a stomach problem... Looking back now, it was actually a blessing that she didn't go through the chemo, etc., but she died a painful death -- by the look on her face.

I was unprepared, regardless, and I didn't expect Christ to let her go through such agony (for being such a pious, devout woman). She actually didn't die of cancer; her heart simply collapsed because of lack of energy during the operation.

Interesting to say, she visited me in a dream 3 days later after she was buried and told me that she's in a good place and I shouldn't worry; nevertheless, I was heartbroken because my mom and I were best of friends (I was her favorite). During that time, early '90s, I also dreamed about my guardian angel...

It's fascinating that "3" is such an important number in Christianity.

Body, Mind, Spirit...thinking, feeling and intuition, past, present and future, all are in three's......three in relationship I guess.....so we have the Trinity

I am glad you had the dream, I believe they are real experiences, I have had my share, since I took care of the dying for 30 years.

I lost my mother in 83, she was 63, she smoked and it killed her. My dad died in 2002, sudden, a stroke. I was able to talk to him about an hour before the stroke took hm....the last thing I was able to say is that i loved him. I feel blessed because of that. .

I think we are each protected, just not in ways that we understand or want......we would like to be protected from pain, disease and death, does not seem to work that way. It kind of sucks does it not? Yet the bigger picture, well I think it is too big for our understanding, though I believe we should always question, study and ponder the mystery of our existence, who we are and why we are here.

Peace

Mark

• Like 1

....the last thing I was able to say is that i loved him. I feel blessed because of that. .

I'm very glad you feel that way. That is a blessing...for you. I have never had that experience because it is not in my character. It is not the way I react to dying. My mind never accepts the dying of a "truly" loved one. I, personally, have never bought into letting go of my "truly" loved ones. It simply doesn't compute in my system. It is completely foreign to me. For one thing, a "truly" loved one is someone who is absolutely ingrained in my heart and soul. I don't have many "truly" loved ones; however, I have people in my life who simply whirl in the windmills of my mind.

So, my heart always gets heartbroken, especially since I'm the youngest of the people I really love.

• Like 1

I'm very glad you feel that way. That is a blessing...for you. I have never had that experience because it is not in my character. It is not the way I react to dying. My mind never accepts the dying of a "truly" loved one. I, personally, have never bought into letting go of my "truly" loved ones. It simply doesn't compute in my system. It is completely foreign to me. For one thing, a "truly" loved one is someone who is absolutely ingrained in my heart and soul. I don't have many "truly" loved ones; however, I have people in my life who simply whirl in the windmills of my mind.

So, my heart always gets heartbroken, especially since I'm the youngest of the people I really love.

Perhaps there is truth in your understanding of the "loved one". They are truly always with you. Death is horrible, but if what people believe is true, then when we pass through the door, the experience is not one of isolation but of union in a deeper sense. Saying that, that does not take away from the hollowness after a death has occurred. You feel deeply, more so than I do from what you shared, so I understand what you are saying.

peace

mark

Death is horrible, but if what people believe is true, then when we pass through the door, the experience is not one of isolation but of union in a deeper sense.

That's NOT guaranteed, especially when you end up in the Void, like I did, the last time I died in 2000. The "outer darkness" is DEFINITELY not the place to be. When my mom said (in a dream) that she was in a good place, well, you do the deduction since I didn't "experience" my mom nor my grandmother (two of my angels on earth while they were alive) in the Void. Even the Bible is quite overt about the scary, EVEN DEADLY TO THE SOUL, side of the afterlife, interesting to say. Fortunately, I knew deep in my soul that I didn't deserve to be caged in that "outer darkness." Spiritual practice and working on oneself have this benefit, at least. ("...but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting," a Christian verse.)

So yes, once back on earth, I started doing quite a bit of research on Christianity, the whole spectrum, and it's ongoing. After all, the "Lord" didn't utter one word to me; therefore, I'm not out of the woods yet, so to speak. The "Lord" didn't give me a ticket to Heaven. One thing, however: The "Lord" definitely knows what is in our "awareness," "heart," essence or soul -- we certainly can't fake our way out of it anything. You've mentioned the "life review" in one of your threads, and ABSOLUTELY, that is uncannily real, surreal, and every human being will experience it...

...but of union in a deeper sense.

I wouldn't be doing all these research if that were the case. My Void experience freaked me out -- to be blunt. I certainly wouldn't want to go back there again. I would rather have my soul snuffed out if the Void were my ending again. Edited by Ehrman Pagels 1
  • Like 1

I wouldn't be doing all these research if that were the case. My Void experience freaked me out -- to be blunt. I certainly wouldn't want to go back there again. I would rather have my soul snuffed out if the Void were my ending again.

Your experience is what propelled you on your path. I had a void experience as well and it was not frightful, but it was empty......no experience can be used universally for all. Your experience is a 'revelation', however Jesus enter into hell (the void) and cnquered it by his resurrection.

Have you read Howard storm's book "My decent into death", I think you might find it interesting. If you have not here is a place you can read up a bit on it or order it.

http://www.amazon.com/My-Descent-Into-Death-Second/dp/0385513763/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1460498496&sr=1-1&keywords=howard+storm+my+descent+into+death

Peace

Mark

• Like 1

The Void was completely unexpected, alarming, terror. And, seeing Christ (to my rescue) was startling, from left field -- not in my "spiritual path" card, at least. We react based on our schooling and what is in ingrained in our being. I felt deep down that I didn't deserve to be in that Void. Was it only a test? That, I don't know, but to test someone in this kind of situation is an act of cruelty.

Have you read Howard storm's book "My decent into death", I think you might find it interesting. If you have not here is a place you can read up a bit on it or order it.

http://www.amazon.co...cent into death

Most NDEs are dreaming. The important element is the mention of resurrection of a decaying flesh...for me to even consider the story.

but you are a Christian though, are you ?

The Void was completely unexpected, alarming, terror. And, seeing Christ (to my rescue) was startling, from left field -- not in my "spiritual path" card, at least. We react based on our schooling and what is in ingrained in our being. I felt deep down that I didn't deserve to be in that Void. Was it only a test? That, I don't know, but to test someone in this kind of situation is an act of cruelty.

I was Kundalini teacher and a wizard the last time I died...and anything Christian was ABSOLUTELY the last thing on my mind.

eternity is forever , maybe you were shown something for a reason...

Everyone is in labor

(quote from a woman in a dream)

Dreams have always been important with me. I remember dreams that I had when I was six. Had them every night, so I guess I just got into the habit of remembering them. Almost all of my breakthroughs in my life have come from information or insights that have been presented to me by my dreams. Many people give importance to their dreams. Dreams have always been around and many people are guided by them. I am not sure how important it is to remember dreams in themselves, I believe they may just be telling us what is going on in our lives before we are consciously aware of them. Of course many dreams are nonsense and are dealing with stresses that happen the day before. There are many theories about dreams, but I guess we tie into those theories that flow from our experiences. So I believe that dreams can be a form of ‘revelation’ for the dreamer.

A few days ago I had a very small dream, when this woman came up to me and said, ‘Mark, everyone is in labor”. I woke up and thought it significant for me and have been thinking about it off and on for the last few days. The dream reminded me of this scripture quote:

To say that each person struggles in his or her life is an understatement. When anyone spends any length of time talking to people they are always dealing with something. There is always stress and anxiety and fear. So to say that we are all in ‘labor’ does ring true for me.

Hello Mr. Markdohl , how are you good sir? hope all is well.

The first thought that entered my mind when reading of your dream about" we all are in birth pains " was what Yeshua talked about when he compared the signs of the times being as birth pains.

I think that most of us see things happening slowly little by little and building up faster and faster - will times increase to a point of something so bad? but I do believe that there are two plans- there's God's plan and there's the luciferian plan .

Mr. Markdohl, I do believe that the catholic church is a part of the luciferian ,and has always been a part of it. I do not believe that every parishioner is a part of it.

avoid bio book wrote in first person. Cashing in I think. Give away the book for free.........................................................................................................

He is not cashing in, he is a pastor of a church.

Peace

Mark

but you are a Christian though, are you ?

I have been baptized Christian but turned away from Christianity when my mom died of liver cancer. I recently reconverted to an early form of Christianity (minus the dogma), relatively recent, once I had gathered enough info by doing extensive research. I'm more of a Christian mystic.

Are you saying that our essence, soul, spirit, or "awareness" is automatically eternal? If so, I will absolutely disagree on that based on my afterlife experience.

"...maybe you were shown something for a reason..." Reason or not, I'm making sure that the Void experience doesn't happen to me again. I didn't deserve it, and my essence ACTUALLY knew it, especially after all the spiritual and personal work I have done. As I have said earlier, if that were to happen again, I would rather have my fully aware soul be INSTANTLY snuffed out, annihilated, obliterated than experience that cruel space (with absolutely NO sight, outer sound, nor feel). I see it as a cruel act because I'm not looking at it from a different angle, nor will I see the Void from a different angle.

Reason? To be able to say that one doesn't deserve to be in that Biblical "outer darkness" and REALLY feel that resonate deep in one's core is quite an accomplishment, I think. In the Void, there is no escape; there is no map to guide you out -- you will face your "awareness" until it is gone for good. No theories about it.

On the other hand, since resurrection is a true occurrence..., reincarnation is a good possibility. I wouldn't cross out reincarnation as a choice to get out of the Void, if it were to be given as a choice. But, reincarnation is just a theory.

Peace to you, Ellapennella.

I partly became a Christian because the Bible described the "outer darkness" as such -- PUNISHMENT. That is exactly my sentiment about it.

Hello Mr. Markdohl , how are you good sir? hope all is well.

The first thought that entered my mind when reading of your dream about" we all are in birth pains " was what Yeshua talked about when he compared the signs of the times being as birth pains.

I think that most of us see things happening slowly little by little and building up faster and faster - will times increase to a point of something so bad? but I do believe that there are two plans- there's God's plan and there's the luciferian plan .

Mr. Markdohl, I do believe that the catholic church is a part of the luciferian ,and has always been a part of it. I do not believe that every parishioner is a part of it.

Well thanks for being honest my friend, we must all seek truth, I find Christ Jesus in my faith. Let us pray for one another as we seek to deepen our connection and love of God and others.

peace

mark

I partly became a Christian because the Bible described the "outer darkness" as such -- PUNISHMENT. That is exactly my sentiment about it.

scary. it wasnt your belief to go there when you were wizard. did you know about da "outer darkness" before?????????????????????? Probably not. we think about the fires of hell mostly..........................................................................................................................................

He is not cashing in, he is a pastor of a church.

Peace

Mark

LOL like TBN????????????????? Who gets the money????????????????????????????????????

Spirit can die in Christian religion...................................................................................................................................

Ezekiel 18:20New International Version (NIV)

20 The one who sins is the one who will die. The child will not share the guilt of the parent, nor will the parent share the guilt of the child. The righteousness of the righteous will be credited to them, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against them.