Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Weather - Tamora (1815) Krakatoa (1883)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1    Roj47

Roj47

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

• If I believed the world was going to end in the next 10 years..... I would sell up and travel to see as much of it as I could.

Posted 15 May 2006 - 09:21 AM

I have a basic understanding of global warming in that heat is trapped within the atmosphere, carbon dioxide content and so on.
The thread is not particularly about the mechanisms of the above as it surely has been covered here many times and a quick search on google should help me out.

I am interested on your thoughts on the following -

The Summer that never was of 1816 is basically attributed to the events in Tamora 1815 and the amount of ash, sulphur etc..... pumped into the atmosphere.
Global temperatures dropped, and would take some time to recover.

http://www.hewitts.com/bowden/pb8-22-2000.htm

Given that the weather may not have properly recovered we find that Krakatoa pumped huge quantities of ashm sulphue etc..... in 1883.
I believe it is accepted this affected the temperatures globally did not recover until the 20th century.

http://volcano.und.edu/vwdocs/frequent_que...uestion879.html

I disagree to some extent on the date 1888 for recovery.

My question and two possinle answers are -

Are we particularly experiencing global warming or is it the case that temperatures are slowly recovering from volcanic activity.
The fact is that the termpertaures we have are the actual ones that Earth should be experiencing given the cycle.

Temperatures are increasing due to industry and progression of civilisation and Scientific methods of predicting the heat rise are inaccurate as they do not take into account the volcanic activity.
Argueably the incline of temperature rise should be steeper, and thus by 2050 the scenario will be worse than expected, and in our life times (probably).

Do you know of any research papers on the above as I am struggling to locate on Google etc...

Kind regards

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2    R3LOAD

R3LOAD

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

• when my mama
    Ask me will I change
    I tell her yeah but it's clear
    I'll always be the same
    Until the end of time

Posted 15 May 2006 - 06:51 PM

I've heard that global warming is just the earth heating back up from the last ice age..in the paper it said that the pollutants where not massive enough to affect the temperatures throughout the world and by process of eliminationfound that it had to be the earth recovering from the ice age

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users