Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Has anyone read Ketchums DNA Paper?

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#31    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 3,959 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:56 AM

View Postevancj, on 20 March 2013 - 01:49 AM, said:

I believe there is some debate as to if there is any science in her paper.

How did you come to believe that?

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#32    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,767 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:00 AM

View Postregeneratia, on 20 March 2013 - 01:56 AM, said:

How did you come to believe that?

I read other things than her facebook page.

#33    Domina Lucis

Domina Lucis

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

• "I'm not dead, so I'm obviously doing something right."

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:04 AM

I would assume not many people would pay $30 to read a paper about Bigfoot...

I think I'll just wait to see what will result from all of this.

Posted Image

Domina Lucis

#34    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 3,959 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:06 AM

View Postevancj, on 20 March 2013 - 02:00 AM, said:

I read other things than her facebook page.

OK, you want us to believe you on some vague description on how you got to your opinion. No problem. Just checking. I maintain my stance.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema

#35    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 3,959 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:07 AM

View PostMisstreeDove, on 20 March 2013 - 02:04 AM, said:

If i was deeply interested in the topic, I would buy it. $30 is NOT daunting.

Professor Hilton Hotema

#36    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,767 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:14 AM

View Postregeneratia, on 20 March 2013 - 02:06 AM, said:

OK, you want us to believe you on some vague description on how you got to your opinion. No problem. Just checking. I maintain my stance.

Likewise.

#37    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,767 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:18 AM

View Postregeneratia, on 20 March 2013 - 02:07 AM, said:

If i was deeply interested in the topic, I would buy it. $30 is NOT daunting.

You would get more bang for your buck buying $30 worth toilet paper.

#38    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 3,959 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:24 AM

View Postevancj, on 20 March 2013 - 02:14 AM, said:

Likewise.

Agreed.

Professor Hilton Hotema

#39    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 3,959 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:26 AM

View Postevancj, on 20 March 2013 - 02:18 AM, said:

You would get more bang for your buck buying $30 worth toilet paper.

Again yours is an opinion. From my perspective, anything that gives knowledge and helps me think about things is far better than toilet paper. But I like knowledge. Not everyone does.

Professor Hilton Hotema

#40    evancj

evancj

Poltergeist

• 2,767 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:04 AM

View Postregeneratia, on 20 March 2013 - 02:26 AM, said:

Again yours is an opinion.

And yours is not?

View Postregeneratia, on 20 March 2013 - 02:26 AM, said:

From my perspective, anything that gives knowledge and helps me think about things is far better than toilet paper. But I like knowledge. Not everyone does.

Even if that knowledge is highly suspect?

I don't know about you but it's hard for me to think about anything else but toilet paper it it's not around.

You know, toilet paper helps some of us maintain hygienic conditions, and was invented specifically for cleaning what you are mistaking for "knowledge" in the ketchum paper.

Edited by evancj, 20 March 2013 - 03:14 AM.

#41    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 20 March 2013 - 07:05 AM

From what little there is to read about the paper from people who supposedly have read it there is serious concerns about cross contamination and testing methodologies. Not to mention the source materials themselves are questionable. The whole thing is really a joke that serious science is going to ignore and only the odd pseudo-layman-scientist with an agenda is going to put any stock in, and then only because they will be looking for data to back up their own theories that are without any serious credibility........ergo, they latch onto old Melba and that voodoo she do so well.

Now,  have not read the paper and to be honest, while I am an engineer, I'm not a geneticist. My best effort will be little more good than the average guy with little more than some reading on the subject. I could no more tell you if the testing was good or not, or the methods used in collecting the samples was correct. For all I know Old Melba could have gotten drunk one night and passed out in a field and when she woke up she was sore from sexual contact, wiped up a sample on an old Kleenex, stuffed in a Baggie, wrapped it up in her soiled undies and took it to her lab. Now I suppose someone will tell me that's a perfectly acceptable collection method.

#42    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:47 AM

View Postevancj, on 20 March 2013 - 03:04 AM, said:

And yours is not?

Even if that knowledge is highly suspect?

I don't know about you but it's hard for me to think about anything else but toilet paper it it's not around.

You know, toilet paper helps some of us maintain hygienic conditions, and was invented specifically for cleaning what you are mistaking for "knowledge" in the ketchum paper.

ouch now you're just being mean, mate. However I must admit, well said..... :whistle:

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#43    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,791 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:52 AM

View PostMisstreeDove, on 20 March 2013 - 02:04 AM, said:

That is what I plan to do. In about a year or so all this will be available online for free. Especially if it is true. If it is not true, then I'll have saved $30. Probably will need it for gas money by then.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#44    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,806 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:32 AM

Was there an actual DNA study? Is there an actual paper on the study's results of DNA from habituated bigfoot, she witnessed, eating off of Tupperware?
Imo, there was no study of DNA from habituated bigfoot. Thus, there is no paper on said study.
Imo, if anything exists in writing it is a fictional account of a "study" a "project" and bigfoot/human hybrid "lab results".
Imo, there are no mainstream scientific labs examining human/bigfoot hybrid DNA samples to corroborate her study.

Imo, the "samples" will be destroyed in a fire, or be kept under lock and key so we can all debate them ad nauseum.

You can fake anything on the Internet. Evidence, science, supporters, samples, studies, papers, sanity, sincerity, etc:
How easy is that!

Edited by QuiteContrary, 21 March 2013 - 05:01 AM.

#45    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:06 PM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 21 March 2013 - 04:32 AM, said:

Was there an actual DNA study? Is there an actual paper on the study's results of DNA from habituated bigfoot, she witnessed, eating off of Tupperware?
Imo, there was no study of DNA from habituated bigfoot. Thus, there is no paper on said study.
Imo, if anything exists in writing it is a fictional account of a "study" a "project" and bigfoot/human hybrid "lab results".
Imo, there are no mainstream scientific labs examining human/bigfoot hybrid DNA samples to corroborate her study.

Imo, the "samples" will be destroyed in a fire, or be kept under lock and key so we can all debate them ad nauseum.

You can fake anything on the Internet. Evidence, science, supporters, samples, studies, papers, sanity, sincerity, etc:
How easy is that!

Give it a month and one of the "incidents' you mention will happen.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users