Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 3 votes

Ever been in life threatening situation?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:11 PM

Have you ever been in life threatening situation?
If so, in what?

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.
For we are opposed around the world by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy..."

#2    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,954 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:17 PM

When I was 15, I had a regulator malfunction at about 90 feet.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#3    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 14,191 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:22 PM

Riding out a Category 3 Hurricane is as close as I've come (that I'm aware of...) and it was memorable, to say the least.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...

#4    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 5,091 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:59 PM

At 19, I came within a hair of losing an unplanned game of chicken to a semi on a narrow mountain road. Unfortunately, I suffered a kind of PTSD from it and it started me on my road to a life full of anxiety issues.

Bigfoot is definitely in the eye of the beholder!

#5    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,644 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:00 PM

Been shot at (when I worked for the Dept. of Wildlife and Conservation). It was not fun.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#6    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,387 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:14 PM

My family was in an 8.1 earthquake that lasted a full minute. At 20 seconds we were surprised in was still happening. At 30 seconds, watching the ground roll in waves  hearing the that low, ominous rumble, and watching everything in the house hit the floor, we all realized that is was distinctly possible that we might not survive. At 45 seconds we all looked at each other and said I love you. It was the longest 60 seconds of our lives.

#7    SpiritWalker7

SpiritWalker7

Abysmal Seeker

• 3,104 posts

• “You need to spend time crawling alone through shadows to truly appreciate what it is to stand in the sun.”-Shaun Hick

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:11 AM

I have had quite a lot, well what I would judge more than what many would go through, many of my own fault.

When I was 2 or 3 and lived in Alaska, my dad and I came upon a moose in the wilderness. According to him, I wanted to fight it off, like a character of Xena that I watched then. This creature could stomp my skull in and probably would have if my dad couldn't have convinced me to leave.

About the same age, my dad had the wonderful idea of waxing a sled that we were going to have some fun time with. Well, my parents, my brother and I got on it and pretty much shot down the hill.. To this day this story is hilarious. Well, we shot down, my dad gripping me as tight as we could, and suddenly we hit this large woman, who ended up flying through the air. I was about lost because I was almost smashed in that collision. Needless to say, that once they had it stopped, we were out of there. (My father tells it better.)

My mother, brother, and I about stepped into an oncoming bus that was speeding, when my dad ended up pulling us back in a split second.

One of my most recent was when a friend and I were heading towards his house so that he could change out of his military uniform, when a suv suddenly reared out of the opposite moving lane of traffic and into ours, speeding up faster and faster. I was sort of frozen in time, so I was glad when my friend swerved off the road..
If that suv would've hit that car we were in at that speed, I don't think we would be too pretty.

Have too many, like I said.

"When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do." -William Blake

#8    Mystic Crusader

Mystic Crusader

Poltergeist

• 2,258 posts

• "What would you rather be, a bus driver, or a super terrorist?"

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:11 AM

View Postthe L, on 06 July 2013 - 10:11 PM, said:

Have you ever been in life threatening situation?
If so, in what?

I've been threatened by a trucker over a cup of coffee before.  He really wanted to kill me.

Thomas Paine wrote in The Age of Reason that “Whenever we read the obscene stories, the voluptuous debaucheries, the cruel and torturous execution, the unrelenting vindictiveness, with which more than half the Bible is filled, it would be consistent that we called it the word of a demon, than the word of God."
http://www.astrology...hp?albumid=1164
http://www.astrology...ead.php?t=81593

#9    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,610 posts

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:24 AM

Been shot at a few different times including being inside buildings with bullets zipping through walls as others outside were firing inside.

Been beaten badly twice but healed.

Been in a couple of car wrecks where was so lucky to walk away.

Almost choked once as a small child but had the Heimlich maneuver performed on me, thanks Dad.

Fainted once, began having seizures, started turning blue but had CPR performed on me, thanks Sis.

Totally unsure what triggered that but have not had any repeats.

Unsure where to draw the line of what experiences exactly affected my mind and to what degree but I definitely enjoy the feeling of safety now and appreciate the ability to manage anxiety the best I can.

#10    mysticwerewolf

mysticwerewolf

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

• I'm baaaaaack

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:20 AM

I was shot at during hunting season many years ago  someone decided I was an elk and proceeded to shoot cross canyon and either didn't know what he was shooting at or didn't care.  I was resting against a tree and moved to take a drink from a canteen. suddenly  ZZZzzzzzpop  first bullet went by me just to my left, seconds later a second bullet wnt by to the left and hit a tree and the third bullet would have been dead on ( bad pun but true) had I not moved after the second shot I didn't realize what the first shot was until the second shot. went by me. I rolled away from where I was sitting and unloaded my rifle in the general direction the bullets had come from didn't hear or see any more  shots but  a few minutes after I unloaded and reloaded my rifle I saw someone running down a valley in the general direction that the bullets had come from.  I didn't bother to go find out who it was who'd been shooting. and when I told the story at hunting camp that night no one said a word about my returning fire

Edited by mysticwerewolf, 07 July 2013 - 09:50 AM.

#11    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 7,028 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:23 AM

I was backed into a corner with a knife at my throat by a drunk childhood friend (yep drunk kid - got into his parent's alcohol during their 25th anniversary celebrations, 9 years old I think).  The reason?  I didn't know he was drunk (why would I we were kids), earlier in the evening he had put ice down my back.  He was asleep on the couch, so I got him back, thinking it was still as funny as he thought it was when he did it. He didn't like it ....

If his older sister had not come when I screamed and yanked him backwards by his collar, to this day I don't know how it would have ended.

Needless to say, I didn't spend much time with him after that and neither did my parents with his parents.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#12    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:40 PM

No tsunami survivors, shark attack survivors, lost in wilderness survivors...?

JFK: "And we are as a people, inherently and historically, opposed to secret societies, to secret oaths, and to secret proceedings.

#13    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,726 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:55 PM

Called my ex-wife ( when we were still Married ) the " C " word......She cheated on me and deserved it, but hey.

Had 9 rounds go through my apartment door during a shootout that nieghbor and someone else had....

Had a 3 inch Fireworks mortor tube collapse and one mortor hit my leg while I was in the fetal position hiding, went 5 feet and exploded.That hurt, and I was very lucky to get out of that one with just a bad leg wound. Drinking and Fireworks do not mix. Someone loaded one mortor in upside down, it was a series of 40 tubes I made , with cannon fuse to light them all for the " grand finally" .....Still a Hell of a show.

Roll over in a van with 8 people in it, no seats except the driver and passenger.

Motorcycle accident.

Fell over a bridge into a creek that was about a foot deep, about a 15 foot drop, did a complete flip and belly flopped perfectly. Not on purpose.

Had a knife to my chest in a mugging. Drug related, stupid days.

Worked on a bridge repair job for 2 years, had a few slips, but had harness on , so maybe that does not count.

Waiting on results as I type to see if I have skin cancer.

Edited by Sakari, 07 July 2013 - 10:58 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#14    Big Bad Voodoo

Big Bad Voodoo

High priest of Darwinism

• 9,582 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:15 PM

View PostSakari, on 07 July 2013 - 10:55 PM, said:

Waiting on results as I type to see if I have skin cancer.

I hope everything will be good.

#15    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,726 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:39 PM

View Postthe L, on 07 July 2013 - 11:15 PM, said:

I hope everything will be good.

Thank You..Have 3 stitches in my lower leg where they took off the growth. I called it a mole, they said it did not look like a mole.......

Should know this coming week.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users