Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ahmadinejad under fire for hugging Chavez's

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 4,207 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:08 PM

http://news.yahoo.co...-091752249.html

#2    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,719 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:28 PM

They need to loosen up.

#3    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 14,441 posts

• I love chocolate

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:48 PM

From the article;

"I burst into laughter when I saw Ahmadinejad weeping on the arm of Chavez mother, said Abbas Abdi, activist and columnist with the independent website Aftabnews.ir.
"If he needed to cry, he should have done so for his countrymen who died" in clashes with security forces during the mass protests that followed Ahmadinejad's disputed 2009 re-election, said Abdi.

Can't argue with this alot.  Politicians opportunistic tears are quite pathetic.

#4    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,951 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

Seems like a big to do about nothing. I'm sure there's a ton of other problems that should come before touching a woman. Maybe the Iranian media should focus on them.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#5    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:46 PM

Never understood why Ahmadinejad gets so much flak, when you listen to his speeches and what he says.... You realise he is less of a nut job than any western leader.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#6    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,172 posts

• Because what came before never seems enough...

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:20 PM

View PostCoffey, on 12 March 2013 - 03:46 PM, said:

Never understood why Ahmadinejad gets so much flak, when you listen to his speeches and what he says.... You realise he is less of a nut job than any western leader.
I agree mostly and this is why when he makes statements against the US and Israel I LISTEN.  I don't think he is crazy OR a clown.  But it seems he is gone in a few months so he really doesn't matter.  Supposedly the power lies with the mullahs.  The great satan and the little satan are number 1 and 2 on their hit list.

We've cast the world, we've set the stage,
  for what could be, the darkest age...
“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#7    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 12,319 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

View Postand then, on 12 March 2013 - 04:20 PM, said:

I agree mostly and this is why when he makes statements against the US and Israel I LISTEN.  I don't think he is crazy OR a clown.  But it seems he is gone in a few months so he really doesn't matter.  Supposedly the power lies with the mullahs.  The great satan and the little satan are number 1 and 2 on their hit list.
Actually when he makes statements against the US and Israel, you mistranslate.   The "Holocaust denier" hellbent on "wiping Israel off the map", as it were.   I know the drill.  Say it a few hundred times in the media and at the water cooler, and everyone who doesn't bother with their own due diligence winds up singing in the same chorus of "Oh what a "nutjob" he is".  

Remember how Bush parroted so much BS about Saddam Hussein, a large majority of the country thought Saddam Hussein was responsible for 9/11.   We need to stop being such easy victims of the repetition.  Coffey did homework, and he learned the extent of this latest anti-Iran BS circulating around throughout the western media.

"The power to declare war, including the power of judging the causes of war, is fully and exclusively vested in the Legislature.  The Executive has no right, in any case, to decide the question" ~ James Madison
"Peace cannot be achieved by force, only by understanding."  ~ Albert Einstein
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela
"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.  Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

#8    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 8,630 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 11:58 AM

View PostYamato, on 26 March 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

Actually when he makes statements against the US and Israel, you mistranslate.   The "Holocaust denier" hellbent on "wiping Israel off the map", as it were.   I know the drill.  Say it a few hundred times in the media and at the water cooler, and everyone who doesn't bother with their own due diligence winds up singing in the same chorus of "Oh what a "nutjob" he is".  

Remember how Bush parroted so much BS about Saddam Hussein, a large majority of the country thought Saddam Hussein was responsible for 9/11.   We need to stop being such easy victims of the repetition.  Coffey did homework, and he learned the extent of this latest anti-Iran BS circulating around throughout the western media.
he said hes a less of nut job than the rest of Western leaders. So hes still a nutjob and anyone supporting Iran is a nutjob

#9    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:37 PM

Who brings a camera to a funeral? That's disgusting - as was the plan to allow people to take photographs in the first place (probably planned by Ahmadinejad and the new Venezuela No1, for publicity).

I'm not one for crocodile tears at a funeral, any funeral. What O-S said.

Edited by ExpandMyMind, 26 March 2013 - 12:38 PM.

#10    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 17,328 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 26 March 2013 - 01:05 PM

I don't think Ahmadinejad is crazy or a clown. I think he's a dangerous religious extremist who's looking to promote his political/religious agenda. And, this agenda doesn't bode well for the western world.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

Posted Image

#11    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,172 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:54 PM

View PostLilly, on 26 March 2013 - 01:05 PM, said:

I don't think Ahmadinejad is crazy or a clown. I think he's a dangerous religious extremist who's looking to promote his political/religious agenda. And, this agenda doesn't bode well for the western world.
I agree totally.  I will be curious to see what influence, if any, he will have when his term of office ends.  It is hard to decipher how power is actually wielded in that country.  The Ayatollahs appear to be THE power, but I don't think anyone else actually can challenge them politically - not and survive.  The IRGC is basically a very well funded and trained Praetorian.

“This is like playing poker with a guy who cheated you twice before. You know who does that, a moron.

#12    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,611 posts
  • Location:Currently in the middle of this land called life, exit is here and near...

• It seems so important now but you will get over.
    -AF

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:22 PM

I think this is good news for Iran and that he is setting a good example showing humanity even if it breaks with what the hardline conservtive mullahs hold as tradition.

Their society is going to go through some positive change when the even younger generations begin getting elected to office.

#13    and then

and then

Abyssus Abyssum Invocat

• 15,172 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 11:40 AM

View PostLeave Britney alone!, on 26 March 2013 - 07:22 PM, said:

I think this is good news for Iran and that he is setting a good example showing humanity even if it breaks with what the hardline conservtive mullahs hold as tradition.

Their society is going to go through some positive change when the even younger generations begin getting elected to office.
Yeah, even Hitler loved dogs....  I understand what you're saying and I think it will be a positive thing as the youth of Iran achieve more awareness and political power.  Nothing is going to change for the better in the short term though.

#14    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,611 posts
  • Location:Currently in the middle of this land called life, exit is here and near...

• It seems so important now but you will get over.
    -AF

Posted 27 March 2013 - 07:44 PM

View Postand then, on 27 March 2013 - 11:40 AM, said:

Yeah, even Hitler loved dogs....  I understand what you're saying and I think it will be a positive thing as the youth of Iran achieve more awareness and political power.  Nothing is going to change for the better in the short term though.

You can focus on doom and destruction. I will focus on positive change.

Nothing is going to change for the worst in the short term either, relax mates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users