Photo

The evil of atheism

Posted by dougeaton , 22 November 2012 · 586 views

This is kind of dumb, but no dumber than what atheist post on those who believe.

Supersquatch
Nov 22 2012 06:55 PM
Morals are subjective. However, I have a very good ethical sense compared to modern society. And if a Christian wants to go on about morality, he should actually read his holy book, and notice the amount of immorality, destructiveness, misogynism, rape-intention, genocide, and murder that he endorses. What about Noah's Ark, where God killed everybody but Noah and his fmaily? Or Sodom and Gomorrah, where only Lot and his family were spared? God has supposedly done so many bad things in the Bible, a very long list has actually been composed here.

"If there is no God, then there is no morality"

Morality is subjective and an illusion. Morals are fundamentally laws, for if they weren't there, people would behave badly. For example, with no sheriffs around, many people looted during Hurricane Katrina.

Alienated Being
Nov 22 2012 07:39 PM
Quite frankly, whoever the individual in the video is, he is a complete moronic jackass.

Morality does not necessitate religion; in fact, modern research has shown that complex morality exists within the great apes. Morality is developed out of self-interest (in my hypothesis); such as, "You scratch my back, I scratch yours..", "I don't want him to hurt me, so I won't hurt him... therefore, I will be good", etc. It is all pretty common sensical, but somehow it has become so instilled within the bible as being the product of god that ignorant individuals such as yourself ignore the origins of morality.

Secondly, you will find that religion has been the number one cause of death in this planet's "civilized" history; for example, The Crusades, and the 9/11 bombings. Despite what you may argue, these bombings were carried out not only because of a skewed ideology, but because the suicide bombers believe that they would be blessed with 72 virgins in heaven (unfortunately, they didn't take into account that they would be blessed with 72 mothers-in-law). You will not find one atrocity committed in the history of this world simply because a person did not believe in god; however, you will find atrocities committed in this world BECAUSE a person believed in god, and thought that it was "god's will" to have committed a crime. More-recently, a young boy died resulting from appedicitis because his parents BELIEVED that if it was god's will, he would survive. Do you know what happened because of their beliefs? 1. Their child died (because of stupidity - YES THEIR BELIEFS ARE STUPID), and 2. Their charges were dropped because of their ****ing beliefs. Not only that, but a woman recently died due to blood poisoning as Ireland rejected her request for an abortion because they are a Catholic country, they don't BELIEVE in abortion.

Anyway, I am getting myself into a bit of an enraged frenzy here, so I will stop myself before I go over-board. You can see how religion poisons everything. Might I suggest reading "GOD IS NOT GREAT - How Religion Poisons Everything" by Christopher Hitchens? He offers excellent points in reinforcement of my statement...

Finally, take a look at this...
http://www.academia....he_image_of_God

As far as I am concerned, religion is nothing more than a poison. It is banal, and it should be taken out back and exterminated. THERE IS NO PLACE FOR RELIGION IN SOCIETY.

Ever Learning
Nov 22 2012 08:19 PM
ridiculas that people think christians can kill, christians are meant to not care about others harming themselves and to return wrong with right. you can say about the crusades and that christians killed for there religion but the general populace were lied to in latin. if the people where taught in there native language they wouldnt of killed anyone.
morality to the layman may be you scratch my back, i will scratch yours, but for a christian your meant to give with out the hope of recieving.

One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, "Of all the commandments, which is the most important?" "The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.' The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."

Taylor Reints, on 22 November 2012 - 06:55 PM, said:

Morals are subjective. However, I have a very good ethical sense compared to modern society. And if a Christian wants to go on about morality, he should actually read his holy book, and notice the amount of immorality, destructiveness, misogynism, rape-intention, genocide, and murder that he endorses. What about Noah's Ark, where God killed everybody but Noah and his fmaily? Or Sodom and Gomorrah, where only Lot and his family were spared? God has supposedly done so many bad things in the Bible, a very long list has actually been composed here.

"If there is no God, then there is no morality"

Morality is subjective and an illusion. Morals are fundamentally laws, for if they weren't there, people would behave badly. For example, with no sheriffs around, many people looted during Hurricane Katrina.

The bible has some history, people 4,000 years ago and a long time after, even today, were broken, depraved, mean, warlike and yes perhaps if I may use the word, evil....I have lots of evil in me, so I am not surprised it would come out in the OT, just being honest.  I think it is nonsense to take your sensebilites and then project them back on the past the way you and other do.....means nothing.  In anycase we don't learn from their mistakes in any case.  Politics is just as evil as religion, so is science, well men will use it for evil.  Religion is not the problem, I would say you and I are.

doug

Alienated Being, on 22 November 2012 - 07:39 PM, said:

Quite frankly, whoever the individual in the video is, he is a complete moronic jackass.

Morality does not necessitate religion; in fact, modern research has shown that complex morality exists within the great apes. Morality is developed out of self-interest (in my hypothesis); such as, "You scratch my back, I scratch yours..", "I don't want him to hurt me, so I won't hurt him... therefore, I will be good", etc. It is all pretty common sensical, but somehow it has become so instilled within the bible as being the product of god that ignorant individuals such as yourself ignore the origins of morality.

Secondly, you will find that religion has been the number one cause of death in this planet's "civilized" history; for example, The Crusades, and the 9/11 bombings. Despite what you may argue, these bombings were carried out not only because of a skewed ideology, but because the suicide bombers believe that they would be blessed with 72 virgins in heaven (unfortunately, they didn't take into account that they would be blessed with 72 mothers-in-law). You will not find one atrocity committed in the history of this world simply because a person did not believe in god; however, you will find atrocities committed in this world BECAUSE a person believed in god, and thought that it was "god's will" to have committed a crime. More-recently, a young boy died resulting from appedicitis because his parents BELIEVED that if it was god's will, he would survive. Do you know what happened because of their beliefs? 1. Their child died (because of stupidity - YES THEIR BELIEFS ARE STUPID), and 2. Their charges were dropped because of their ****ing beliefs. Not only that, but a woman recently died due to blood poisoning as Ireland rejected her request for an abortion because they are a Catholic country, they don't BELIEVE in abortion.

Anyway, I am getting myself into a bit of an enraged frenzy here, so I will stop myself before I go over-board. You can see how religion poisons everything. Might I suggest reading "GOD IS NOT GREAT - How Religion Poisons Everything" by Christopher Hitchens? He offers excellent points in reinforcement of my statement...

As far as I am concerned, religion is nothing more than a poison. It is banal, and it should be taken out back and exterminated. THERE IS NO PLACE FOR RELIGION IN SOCIETY.

Actually you need to look at the history of the 20th century to disprove your point.

doug

Alienated Being, on 22 November 2012 - 07:39 PM, said:

Well yes, I am sure anyone who disagrees with you is a moron.

doug
This is all rather nasty.
Yes it is isn't it ;-).  So are atheist, I guess I am one but hate the name, too many village atheist running around.

doug

spartan max2
Nov 23 2012 02:02 AM

dougeaton, on 22 November 2012 - 09:22 PM, said:

Politics is just as evil as religion, so is science, well men will use it for evil.  Religion is not the problem, I would say you and I are.

doug

I agree 100 percent. Humans will always find a reason to justify what they do. If religion never was around people would still find a excuse. People will use science religion and politics for good and evil. That is what humans do.

"Everyone wants to change the world but no one wants to change themselves"
i wish i remember who said this
Science is a fact, deal with it

Supersquatch
Nov 23 2012 05:24 PM

The bible has some history, people 4,000 years ago and a long time after, even today, were broken, depraved, mean, warlike and yes perhaps if I may use the word, evil....I have lots of evil in me, so I am not surprised it would come out in the OT, just being honest.  I think it is nonsense to take your sensebilites and then project them back on the past the way you and other do.....means nothing.

It means a lot. I was using the evils in the Bible to demonstrate that Christianity isn't peaceful or sinless, it is based upon a god who has supposedly killed thousands of people--or more.

The points I were also making are proof that morals are subjective. If all of these immoral things happened in the past, then why isn't human morality subjective? (It actually is, but that is called ethics.)

In anycase we don't learn from their mistakes in any case.  Politics is just as evil as religion, so is science, well men will use it for evil.

Religion's evils (from The God Delusion):
  • the Crusades
  • the Dark Ages
  • anti-science teachings in education
  • 9/11
  • the Madrid Bombings
  • suicide bombers
  • witch hunts
  • Gunpowder Plot
  • Indian partition
  • Israeli/Palestinian Wars
  • Serb/Croat/Muslim massacres
  • Persecution of Jews
  • Northern Ireland troubles
  • honor killings
  • televangelists robbing people of their money
  • the Taliban
  • persecution of "blasphemers"
Science's evils:
  • nuclear bomb?

Actually you need to look at the history of the 20th century to disprove your point.

Maybe you should explain yourself on how the hell atheism is evil or led to any war, especially in the "20th century."

Well yes, I am sure anyone who disagrees with you is a moron.

Anybody who still believes in a god after the overwhelming amount of evidence contradicting it, and especially doing bad things in the name of God, is a moron. And seriously, is that your best argument?
Is this the blog where we all call each other evil?
I'm not evil.....:devil:

Recent Comments

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Tags

Categories

Latest Visitors

• Photo
      Dredimus
      30 Nov 2012 - 18:55
    • Photo
      Ever Learning