Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chinese teens taking cabbages for walks

Still Waters

Walking a cabbage is better than walking a dog because they don't bark, according to someone who has decided to do just that.

The vegetables are being taken for walkies by teenagers in China as a way to get over depression and loneliness.

http://metro.co.uk/2...liness-4716551/

• Like 1

It's better if they compost their road rash pets instead of sending it to a landfill.

• Like 2

I may be lonely but not that lonely. I rather talk to my dolls instead.

• Like 4

I think a pet rock would be more to the purpose... at least it wouldn't fall apart, and a rock on a leash would be a good mugger-deterrent.

• Like 5

They are not cabbages .... they are caulies and therefore need to be walked daily :D

....sorry ...I'll get me coat

• Like 6

A waste of good iron. Why don't they just make a paper dog using bits of old newpaper instead?

• Like 1

Maybe if he didn't dress like that he could make some friends.

• Like 2

Seriously though, this was a very entertaining and interesting article. Good find Still Waters.

Edited by simplybill
  • Like 1

Whoa..and my generation was considered weird...and all we did was to grow long hair and wear bell bottom jeans.

• Like 1

if it works, if it's helping people, why judge?

if it works, if it's helping people, why judge?

Sea -

Personally, I believe this quote from the article is the key:

"The youngsters are able to meet other people who also walk the green foods."

It's not really about the cabbages. It's about our innate need for community. My first reaction was sadness in reading that loneliness is a problem in the world's most-populated country. Then I took a closer look at the way he was dressed, and the people taking photos and videos. I'm not a psychiatrist, but I'd guess that young man is crying for attention.

I'm a little angry about this statement:

"Chinese psychiatrist Wen Chao said: 'The idea is simple; you feel as lonely and as simple as a cabbage, so you begin to act like one and befriend one. And in that acceptance comes change.'"

If Dr. Wen seriously believes that acceptance by a cabbage is therapeutic, then I think Cabbage Boy needs a new doctor.

Edited by simplybill

If I did that I'd be depressed too.

cabbage are good listeners .

simplybill Said:

Personally, I believe this quote from the article is the key:

"The youngsters are able to meet other people who also walk the green foods."

It's not really about the cabbages. It's about our innate need for community.

.... Right , they're just trying to have fun ?

• Like 1

I swear the weirdest trends come out of Asia.

If they don't want to walk with you, drag em till they're cole slaw.

Edited by Realm

Whoa..and my generation was considered weird...and all we did was to grow long hair and wear bell bottom jeans.

Naw, you're generation was experimental. The eighties, on the other hand, were weird.

The fashion, the music, the keyboards! :blink:

Men tend to wear more makeup and hairspray than women. They couldn't even walk closer to 20 feet from an open flame without bursting into a fireball.

Flock of Seagulls. Yeah, I wanted to run so far away... from the whole generation. Now I stuck that song in my head. *seizure*

Okay, I might be exaggerating a bit but the eighties look normal these days. Especially reading articles like these.

• Like 1

Well a lot of Europeans wear garlic around their neck or on their wrists.

Not that it has much to do with the topic except it is a vegetable, but my mom was the "Zucchini woman." The thing grows fast and is easy to handle and goes reasonably well in wok dishes, but one year she had so much of it she was carrying wheelbarrows of them around trying to give them away. Hence the nickname. She swore she would never plant the stuff again.

• Like 1

Sad. It seems today society is more connected through technology but we get lonelier and lonelier and physically isolated from everyone around us. At least walking a cabbage takes the eyes away from all the technology out their and offers opportunities to meet others. Just my two cents. :D

• Like 1

Sad. It seems today society is more connected through technology but we get lonelier and lonelier and physically isolated from everyone around us. At least walking a cabbage takes the eyes away from all the technology out their and offers opportunities to meet others. Just my two cents. :D

I guess walking a cabbage could be a good conversation starter lol

It's just young-person angst, which for some reason prosperous Japanese seem particularly prone.

"Chinese psychiatrist Wen Chao said: 'The idea is simple; you feel as lonely and as simple as a cabbage, so you begin to act like one and befriend one. And in that acceptance comes change.'"

If Dr. Wen seriously believes that acceptance by a cabbage is therapeutic, then I think Cabbage Boy needs a new doctor.

yeah, you're right. i think i missed that quote the first time i read it; that is not something someone treating depression should say. need to read more closely next time.

• Like 1

Well a lot of Europeans wear garlic around their neck or on their wrists.

Don't they know vampires doesn't really exist?

What a bunch of weirdos walking cabbages. Now excuse me, while I go play with my pet rock.