Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

If ET arrived and said: I'm God

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Poll: If ET arrived and said: I'm God (47 member(s) have cast votes)

If extra terrestrials landed and told us that they were our creators, would you believe it?

1. Yes (3 votes [6.38%])

Percentage of vote: 6.38%

2. No (20 votes [42.55%])

Percentage of vote: 42.55%

3. DON'T KNOW (15 votes [31.91%])

Percentage of vote: 31.91%

4. DON'T CARE (9 votes [19.15%])

Percentage of vote: 19.15%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 24,850 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

For interest, five people (at present) have voted "Don't care". I'm curious if any of those folk could post their reasons. I mean, if aliens turned up and said, "guess what, we created your race" why would you shrug and say "who cares"? Whether you believe the aliens or not, surely you'd take some active interest in the situation.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#17    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

View PostEuphorbia, on 17 January 2013 - 04:48 AM, said:

If an extraterrestrial proclaimed they were god, after I stopped laughing I would ask them who created them.  :alien: :yes: :alien:

I would add - What is this clap trap about man being made in your image? Was it some sort of practical joke ?  :alien: :P

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#18    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,065 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:01 PM

First off Id ask him why I never got my racing bike when I turned ten. I prayed all year for that!

But anyway,  they would have to look pretty much like us then wouldn't they? For man was created in Gods image..

quote: "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness"

(By the way note the words -Us and Our? Who was God talking too,a council of other gods/angels?)

I think if aliens came here and said that, they would have to come after Armageddon,  after the revelations and the end time prophecies, after the plagues,  world destruction and...much gnashing of teeth etc - (love that phrase, I do it in my sleep)...in order to get any credibility, because all the texts indicate that after all the poop hits the fan...then he comes back

because this is when 'he' said he'd return in scripture. In fact I dont think  he ever said 'he' will return, but Jesus instead returns.  Which includes god of course, but its Jesus who made the promise of "I'll be back"!

Now, if the world was being destroyed, floods, earthquakes, plagues, fire and brimstone, angels playing trumpets etc, I think Id be in such a state of sheer terror I wouldn't care who you really were, just get me out of there!!

So, if aliens did come and make claims, they'd need to be inline with scripture to even be believed. I believe...

Edited by seeder, 17 January 2013 - 01:06 PM.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#19    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,065 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:15 PM

Sorry I didnt vote, there are 4 choices to vote on

Yes
No
DON'T KNOW
DON'T CARE

But Id vote on: 'If scripture had been played out"  ...then most likely Id be very inclined to.

And so long as they could answer what color Racing bike I wanted/prayed for - and then give a damn good reason why I didn't get it :w00t:

Edited by seeder, 17 January 2013 - 01:18 PM.

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#20    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,833 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

View PostParanoid Android, on 17 January 2013 - 12:26 PM, said:

For interest, five people (at present) have voted "Don't care". I'm curious if any of those folk could post their reasons. I mean, if aliens turned up and said, "guess what, we created your race" why would you shrug and say "who cares"? Whether you believe the aliens or not, surely you'd take some active interest in the situation.
I already did;

"I don't care, if they could prove it it just means with all their technology they're archaic to fuel such primitive concepts."

#21    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,833 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

View Postseeder, on 17 January 2013 - 01:01 PM, said:

But anyway,  they would have to look pretty much like us then wouldn't they? For man was created in Gods image..
Says man.

#22    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,715 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:32 PM

If they had the technology to possibly engineer and start an entire race then I'm quite sure they wouldn't have a problem in convincing us otherwise. But in the end, natural selection has placed our species above the rest, we are at the top of the pyramid. We are animals whether people like it or not and the most dangerous creatures to ever roam the planet. I still believe to think we were created by some superior being is very arrogant.

I believe it to be more like, "we put the microbes there which evidently resulted in your existence".

#23    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,715 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

View Postseeder, on 17 January 2013 - 01:01 PM, said:

First off Id ask him why I never got my racing bike when I turned ten. I prayed all year for that!

quote: "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness"

(By the way note the words -Us and Our? Who was God talking too,a council of other gods/angels?)

I think if aliens came here and said that, they would have to come after Armageddon,  after the revelations and the end time prophecies, after the plagues,  world destruction and...much gnashing of teeth etc - (love that phrase, I do it in my sleep)...in order to get any credibility, because all the texts indicate that after all the poop hits the fan...then he comes back

because this is when 'he' said he'd return in scripture. In fact I dont think  he ever said 'he' will return, but Jesus instead returns.  Which includes god of course, but its Jesus who made the promise of "I'll be back"!

Now, if the world was being destroyed, floods, earthquakes, plagues, fire and brimstone, angels playing trumpets etc, I think Id be in such a state of sheer terror I wouldn't care who you really were, just get me out of there!!

So, if aliens did come and make claims, they'd need to be inline with scripture to even be believed. I believe...

If anything, I do believe if there is a God, it would probably not like having people speak on its behalf.

As for all these doomsday and Armageddon theories. Does it really have to come to something like that for the human race to change? To come to some revelation?

As for the scripture there is very little credibility for that I am afraid.

Us humans need some humility.

#24    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,065 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

View PostOrcseeker, on 17 January 2013 - 01:41 PM, said:

If anything, I do believe if there is a God, it would probably not like having people speak on its behalf.

As for all these doomsday and Armageddon theories. Does it really have to come to something like that for the human race to change? To come to some revelation?

As for the scripture there is very little credibility for that I am afraid.

Us humans need some humility.

ha - maybe but I only quoted from whats in the big book! So if the big book has got that bit wrong, about things that MUST come to pass.. well maybe all of its wrong then?  But I never argue religion with anyone.  Thats how wars start!

Anyway..

What does God need with a starship?

edit to add better sound quality vid

Edited by seeder, 17 January 2013 - 02:01 PM.

#25    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 3,895 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

View Postseeder, on 17 January 2013 - 01:15 PM, said:

But Id vote on: 'If scripture had been played out"  ...then most likely Id be very inclined to.

And so long as they could answer what color Racing bike I wanted/prayed for - and then give a damn good reason why I didn't get it :w00t:

The problem with that being the bible doesn't speak for god it claims to speak for god which is a big difference. Every religion that has a god or gods has something that claims to speak for those deities. How many of those are wrong? Pretty much all of them, because most of them speak of something as a deity (ie the sun or moon) which we now know is NOT a deity so they couldn't possibly speak for it.

And of course, with revelation the apocalypse seems to be coming every five minutes depending on the the interpretation.

So just take off that disguise, everyone knows that you're only, pretty on the outside
Where are those droideka?
No one can tell you who you are
"There's the trouble with fanatics. They're easy to manipulate, but somehow they take everything five steps too far."
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

#26    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,715 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

View Postseeder, on 17 January 2013 - 01:56 PM, said:

ha - maybe but I only quoted from whats in the big book! So if the big book has got that bit wrong, about things that MUST come to pass.. well maybe all of its wrong then?  But I never argue religion with anyone.  Thats how wars start!

Anyway..

What does God need with a starship?

edit to add better sound quality vid

The bible lost me when it was supposed to contain the word of God when it was written by man. Apparently the bible wasn't even put together until a good couple years past after the actual events occurred.

If you do a bit of research into the concept of storytelling. The evolution of a story. Even today, theatrical or movie adaptions of novels can contain events that never happened in the original text to mix things up and make it more interesting/exciting/etc. Things can be a bit exaggerated and fantastical at times. Generally it makes things a bit more interesting. The problem arises when people actually start believing in them however.

I find it funny when scientology is mocked. But in essence, the only difference with most religions and that one is time.

#27    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,065 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

View Postshadowhive, on 17 January 2013 - 01:57 PM, said:

The problem with that being the bible doesn't speak for god it claims to speak for god

Ok then I imagine your answer to the aliens would be 'No sorry matey, you're not god"? Coz thats just a fairy tale man made up?

BUT I will not argue for or against - any religion or peoples religious beliefs, so pls don't question me further on it! Im sure others will chip in about that!

But hell, either way, if aliens arrived I wouldn't really care what they said, Id be fascinated to see/meet them, have a ride in a saucer maybe,

#28    shadowhive

shadowhive

Government Agent

• 3,895 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

View Postseeder, on 17 January 2013 - 02:19 PM, said:

Ok then I imagine your answer to the aliens would be 'No sorry matey, you're not god"? Coz thats just a fairy tale man made up?

BUT I will not argue for or against - any religion or peoples religious beliefs, so pls don't question me further on it! Im sure others will chip in about that!

But hell, either way, if aliens arrived I wouldn't really care what they said, Id be fascinated to see/meet them, have a ride in a saucer maybe,

If they did it wouldn't be phrased like that. However, that would be the basic jist of it. There's several things in the bible (ie the world made in days) that we know is incorrect so we already know there's some mistakes in there (mistakes a god wouldn't make but that men would).

I'd be curious too, it would be pretty cool to meet aliens (and certainly be on a spaceship).

So just take off that disguise, everyone knows that you're only, pretty on the outside
Where are those droideka?
No one can tell you who you are
"There's the trouble with fanatics. They're easy to manipulate, but somehow they take everything five steps too far."
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevent, it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

#29    J. K.

J. K.

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

Actually, since God created the earth, He Himself did not originate on the earth.  That makes Him an extraterrestrial.

(Don't go crazy on me, just a joke!)

One's reality is another's nightmare.

#30    HDesiato

HDesiato

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

Voted: I don't know.
there's a whole thing in the old testament about not being able to look at God's face and live.

Exodus Chapter 33 Verse 20
http://bible.cc/exod...dus/33-20.htm  

"And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
thou canst not. This is well explained by Rabbi Jehudah, in Sepher Cosri, 'Of that divine glory mentioned in the scripture, there is one degree which the eyes of the prophets were able to explore; another which all the Israelites saw, as the cloud and consuming fire; the third is so bright, and so dazzling, that no mortal is able to comprehend it; but should anyone venture to look on it, his whole frame would be dissolved.' In such inconceivable splendour is the Divine Majesty revealed to the inhabitants of the celestial world, where he is said to 'dwell in the light which no man can approach unto.' By the 'face of God,' therefore, we are to understand that light inaccessible before which angels may stand, but which would be so insufferable to mortal eyes, that no man could see it and live."

If they are claiming omniscience, I would expect the whole "I am GOD" thing would need some clarification. Which culture's God? And so on.
I mean isn't the voice of the God of Abraham instantly recognizable? (Sheep and Shepard etc.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users