Photo

The Gay Debate

Posted by Supersquatch , in Science vs. Religion 14 August 2012 · 467 views

homosexuality
If Mosaic laws were later replaced by Christ's laws ("love thy neighbor"), why are many fundamentalists homophobic on the premise of the Bible?

Leviticus is the laws of Moses, directed at the Jewish people. Leviticus 20:13 says, "If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads." Some Christians don't believe in the last part, but still think it is a horrible sin, even though, as already said, Leviticus is directed at the Jews. ("Say to the Israelites" is mentioned over ten times in Leviticus.)

Furthermore, supersessionism states that the Law of Christ "replaces", "completes" or "fulfills" the previous Law of Moses of the Hebrew Bible. (Dual-covenant theologians don't accept this, however.)

The Law of Christ is mentioned only twice in the Bible. It is first mentioned in Galatians 6:2: "Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ." Also in 1 Corinthians 9:21: "To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law."

The only indication of what the philosophy of the Law of Christ is is from Galatians 6:2. However, "New Testament law" is also mentioned in the Bible, which could be synonymous with the Law of Christ. For example, in James 2:8, it says: "If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, 'Love your neighbor as yourself' you are doing right." Most theologians interpret the meanings of the Laws of Christ and New Testament law to "love thy neighbor".

The Bible is no longer an excuse.

Ever Learning
Aug 14 2012 08:30 AM
you have interpreted this wrong. christians are still meant to acknowledge the rules of the old testament and know that its lawful to abide by them. the jews used to offer peace offerings such as lambs and cows for forgiveness of sins, jesus is meant to be god himself comedown to be the perfect sacrifice for everyones sins. so if you acknowledge jesus for doing this, god forgives you for the times you have went against the rules of the old testament. jesus teaches that with the forgiveness of sins, we should forgive others as we are selfs have been forgiven. the new testment does teach on sexual immorality and on not being able to have sex before marrige. if homosexuals cant me married in the bible then its not lawful for them to have sex. so if a christian tells you that its wrong for you to have sex, tell them its wrong for them to have sex before being married.

Supersquatch
Aug 15 2012 12:15 AM

Ever Learning, on 14 August 2012 - 08:30 AM, said:

you have interpreted this wrong. christians are still meant to acknowledge the rules of the old testament and know that its lawful to abide by them. the jews used to offer peace offerings such as lambs and cows for forgiveness of sins, jesus is meant to be god himself comedown to be the perfect sacrifice for everyones sins. so if you acknowledge jesus for doing this, god forgives you for the times you have went against the rules of the old testament. jesus teaches that with the forgiveness of sins, we should forgive others as we are selfs have been forgiven. the new testment does teach on sexual immorality and on not being able to have sex before marrige. if homosexuals cant me married in the bible then its not lawful for them to have sex. so if a christian tells you that its wrong for you to have sex, tell them its wrong for them to have sex before being married.

I interpreted what wrong?
http://www.gotquesti...istian-law.html

Get Updates for New Posts

Click the "Follow this blog" button on the homepage to receive updates whenever a new post is written on Supersquatch.

Search My Blog

Short Stories

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Recent Comments

Latest Visitors

• Photo
    adderiexola
    01 Jan 2014 - 17:17
  • Photo