Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

what is the point of astral projection?

SpiritWriter

Yeah I guess basically just break down its usefulness. Ive read some where this opens you up to spiritual attack. Ive astral projected once, it was spontaneous and seemed to have a message. I dont want to get banned for saying this so mod you can just snip this next part if you need to but I want to be honest and let you know I was high on marijuana at the time... so later on in life I heard of this astral projection thing again and tried to do it but was unsuccessful. I was able to lift my spiritual arms out of my physical arms and then pretty soon I had a spirit wanting to use my arms, this was an invasion of another spirit. I still wanted to astral travel but I would always ask for protection. It seems like the protection was the prevention of the projection thereafter... and im just wondering... whats the point anyway?

Please tell your warnings (actual bad experiences, AP gone bad...) ... as well as the spiritual usefulness of this practice. I am interested in growing spiritually in the areas of love, positivity, following God, and helping others in the areas of spiritual and mental healing...

If these practices wouldn't help me in any of those areas what are they good for? Please let me know...

Edited by SpiritWriter
  • Like 2

I've had at least 2 spontanious AP events..

And I think I'm getting close to being about to do it intentionally..

What's the point??

Well, for me, the point is seeing and knowing.. Am sick of people telling people what the spirit world and the beyond is all about, I want to make up my own mind and if that means going strait to the source then I will. I guess though, that an interest in understanding consiousness has lead me to trying to astral project.. since then........and I'm being 100% honest here..........my consiousness has opened like a flower.. I understand and percieve more than I ever have. I havn't consiously AP'd yet, but from what I've learned so far, just trying seems to open you up to all sorts of possibilities that were previously closed to you.. Whether these possibilies open you up to negative entities, i think, depends on your self. But as I havn't done it yet, I really don't know, except that the entities I've met bordering hypogagicly & in spontanious travels have seemed friendly enough..

• Like 4

Yeah my spontaneous one my guide was cool, nothing scary at all... some of my meditations I have met some questionable characters however.. this is probably like mental astral travel as apposed to spiritual asral travel perhaps, vivid meditation.... I agree that even trying has opened me up spiritually. Thanks for your response T :)

Edited by SpiritWriter
  • Like 1

I see nobody is really replying to this. I am not mocking it my question is actually serious.. hopefully someone(s) will post their perspectives...

i haven't gotten any responses for mine either in the dream forum...i had some that i dont understand. Ive never been fully able to AP either-tho ive had close calls.And fear is what keeps me from it most of the time even when i pray, ask for protection or visiualize a white light force feild around me...doesn't help

i haven't gotten any responses for mine either in the dream forum...i had some that i dont understand. Ive never been fully able to AP either-tho ive had close calls.And fear is what keeps me from it most of the time even when i pray, ask for protection or visiualize a white light force feild around me...doesn't help

The white light doesn't help with your fear? I think its better not to go if your afraid. You dont (always) beat fear by facing it, that can make you even more fearful because your going into an unknown realm of the spirit. Fear is not of god... Only when you are at complete peace will you not be afraid. I have experienced the supernatural in both states. I would hate for you to end up in a terrorizing situation or for this experiment to be a gateway. Negative entities can influence your regular life as well and your family, this can be long lasting. I have read a couple other websites about AP gone wrong even though I havent heard anyone mention it on this site. I looked it up because no one answered my question here and im glad to get several imputs. I dont know how I can presume to give you advise when ive never done self induced astral projection ... but I would continue to pray and be in the presence of god and ask for peace.. peace peace peace.... much can be revealed to you in this state even without AP but maybe after awhile you'll get the chance... I hope so, and I hope it is a great and meaningful experience for you!

I really dont mean to scare you that is not my intention. I want to AP myself but ONLY if it is spiritually beneficial. Let me know how it goes..

Edited by SpiritWriter

I see nobody is really replying to this. I am not mocking it my question is actually serious.. hopefully someone(s) will post their perspectives...

The point to me is expanding your consciousness and gaining knowledge.

People in their normal awareness are asleep to other kinds of conscious realities that can expand, encompass and link them with others in a profound way. The biggest secret for me is that you must go within to a center that exists between your subconscious and conscious mind, because it is the connection to the subconscious level that connects to the higher levels of awareness. You are attuned to several layers of consciousness at once when it's controlled both lower levels and higher.

When you attain that, it becomes very useful in the "real" world, you can know how things are being shaped into reality by the thoughts and actions of others combined. You can see things that happen in reality when you aren't physically there. It's the stuff of prophesy in a way.

• Like 2

I'm a psychic and I think it's overrated and really scary if you don't do it right. Sure it can open some doors for like remote viewing and communication with the dead but if not done right it's absolutely terrifying. I prefer to do the same basic things threw meditation and leave my sleeping time for dreaming and letting my body recover from the days activity.

• Like 1

I'm a psychic and I think it's overrated and really scary if you don't do it right. Sure it can open some doors for like remote viewing and communication with the dead but if not done right it's absolutely terrifying. I prefer to do the same basic things threw meditation and leave my sleeping time for dreaming and letting my body recover from the days activity.

I think that's very good advise for most people.

• Like 2

The point to me is expanding your consciousness and gaining knowledge.

People in their normal awareness are asleep to other kinds of conscious realities that can expand, encompass and link them with others in a profound way. The biggest secret for me is that you must go within to a center that exists between your subconscious and conscious mind, because it is the connection to the subconscious level that connects to the higher levels of awareness. You are attuned to several layers of consciousness at once when it's controlled both lower levels and higher.

When you attain that, it becomes very useful in the "real" world, you can know how things are being shaped into reality by the thoughts and actions of others combined. You can see things that happen in reality when you aren't physically there. It's the stuff of prophesy in a way.

This is how I feel about dream drawing. I meditate while drawing. I let my hands just draw whatever they want, it is very much like dreaming. The images speak to me, I understand the message and understand about creation. You just described (more articulately that I would probably have) the benefits of that practice. . :)

Thanks for your insight WhiteUnicorn

This is how I feel about dream drawing. I meditate while drawing. I let my hands just draw whatever they want, it is very much like dreaming. The images speak to me, I understand the message and understand about creation. You just described (more articulately that I would probably have) the benefits of that practice. . :)

Thanks for your insight WhiteUnicorn

That's basically automatic writing and you leave yourself open for all sorts of things if you don't do that right too.... Hope you are protecting yourself!!

That's basically automatic writing and you leave yourself open for all sorts of things if you don't do that right too.... Hope you are protecting yourself!!

Thank you. Yes I am. This has something to do with why a spirit tried to possess my arms as I stated above. I have a longer story but I know the two incidences are related. I also had a devil jump in me like a month and a half ago (that NEVER happened to me before dispite all the other wierd sh i have encountered!) and I had to pray it off of me. I am so glad i knew to do that. I had to struggle with it. It really tried to take controll of me but i got rid of it. I know exactly why it happened and I changed my behavior.Thank you for your warnings... I do pray and always ask for what is good and holy and beneficial and clear out devils etc.... I wont stop praying. Thanks again.

Edited by SpiritWriter

The purpose is about self learning. Ap puts you into a state where indeed you are exposed to your deepest truths. These obstacles and the lessons of control you gain transfer into every aspect of your life. For me, after going through the tumulchuous and ever on going learning curves. I have come to see everything in a much deeper capacity. Human struggles and mischief seem like I'm watching kindergardners on a play ground. Everything has meaning and there are no accidents. If you become adapt at ap you will see things and connections in your life and throughout your day. An ever present matrix of related events and connectivity. Dreams open up to extreme possibilities. Sometimes I dream entire sagas. My mind through probably just practice and the generation of nural pathways is so aware of my dreams that the experiences become deeply apart of me. All of my endevours in my life are practiced and honed in virtual environments that I am conciousness of. My creativity has exploded. Haveing lived in various virtual sagas and fully integrated the experiences I feel like I have lived those lives. It's quite amazing to actually feel like a seasoned zombie hunter fuly equiped with the martial ability to protect people. I have been a spy, a warrior, a magician, dragon slayer, a lover, a writer, a priest, various animals and even a tree. These are dreams, but the ap and meditation practice is what expanded my awareness to be able fully realize the training i receive in dreams. The control of emotions makes nightmares into fun movies, and good dreams into heavenly experiences. I have even learned deep things about human physical intimacy and relationships. Every human has a piece of their spirit to share.

It wasn't without its challenges. As I think I'm emerging out on the productive end of all this right a the end there I went through an dramatic and mysterious hormonal change. Doctors don't know what has happened. At one point I thought I had male breast cancer and was literally growing a left breast. It stopes thank god, but I had the hardest time convincing one of my doctors that I had not taken steroids. Which would be an anthema to me. It was very frustrating.

No that it's over, my dreams and experiences have exploded. My creativity is relentless. My seven year old and I are now writting a series's of children's books together. He writes, I suggest edit and format. I will be self publishing things for kids from everything relating to nature and life processes to dreams to safety. As my kids ( my five year old will join us soon) write about subjects they will obsorb them in ways that traditional school cannot possibly give them.

What is the Benifit of AP. to expand your awareness. Your awareness is you and as it expands so do you.

Just my thoughts, I hope it helps.

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 2

The purpose is about self learning. Ap puts you into a state where indeed you are exposed to your deepest truths. These obstacles and the lessons of control you gain transfer into every aspect of your life. For me, after going through the tumulchuous and ever on going learning curves. I have come to see everything in a much deeper capacity. Human struggles and mischief seem like I'm watching kindergardners on a play ground. Everything has meaning and there are no accidents. If you become adapt at ap you will see things and connections in your life and throughout your day. An ever present matrix of related events and connectivity. Dreams open up to extreme possibilities. Sometimes I dream entire sagas. My mind through probably just practice and the generation of nural pathways is so aware of my dreams that the experiences become deeply apart of me. All of my endevours in my life are practiced and honed in virtual environments that I am conciousness of. My creativity has exploded. Haveing lived in various virtual sagas and fully integrated the experiences I feel like I have lived those lives. It's quite amazing to actually feel like a seasoned zombie hunter fuly equiped with the martial ability to protect people. I have been a spy, a warrior, a magician, dragon slayer, a lover, a writer, a priest, various animals and even a tree. These are dreams, but the ap and meditation practice is what expanded my awareness to be able fully realize the training i receive in dreams. The control of emotions makes nightmares into fun movies, and good dreams into heavenly experiences. I have even learned deep things about human physical intimacy and relationships. Every human has a piece of their spirit to share.

It wasn't without its challenges. As I think I'm emerging out on the productive end of all this right a the end there I went through an dramatic and mysterious hormonal change. Doctors don't know what has happened. At one point I thought I had male breast cancer and was literally growing a left breast. It stopes thank god, but I had the hardest time convincing one of my doctors that I had not taken steroids. Which would be an anthema to me. It was very frustrating.

No that it's over, my dreams and experiences have exploded. My creativity is relentless. My seven year old and I are now writting a series's of children's books together. He writes, I suggest edit and format. I will be self publishing things for kids from everything relating to nature and life processes to dreams to safety. As my kids ( my five year old will join us soon) write about subjects they will obsorb them in ways that traditional school cannot possibly give them.

What is the Benifit of AP. to expand your awareness. Your awareness is you and as it expands so do you.

Just my thoughts, I hope it helps.

Thank you seeker

I used to be a zombie slayer too btw and I didnt like it at all... :( it was the worste time of my life actually but I was good at it..

Can I ask you another question.. can you help people in real life with your projection, or is this only for your own mind... for example can you go conquer other peoples demons or heal them with light? Or any other type of psychic persuasion etc... In your opinion...

Edited by SpiritWriter

Oh and sorry about your medical problems glad its ok and good job@ the book w your kid etc.. :)

What is anthema? Something that prevents you from AP? I couldn't find it in the dictionary.

I've only had one OBE that i remember. It was when i was a little kid still in Elementary School before i even knew what a OBE was. I was lying in Bed Sick one day and everyone was outside playing. It was a really nice day out and of course being a kid i wanted to go out side but i couldn't because i was Sick as a Dog. I remember i felt that strong electric shock when people talk about going into the Vibrational Stage of Astral Projection. And then the next thing i knew i was outside my Body, I Never saw my Body but i was somehow outside where everyone was playing. I remember "Floating", and i was Higher than the one tree next to my house. I remember seeing my Neighborhood friends running and playing outside but when i tried and interact with them but no one would respond. But being a little kid i didn't know what to think. I am not sure what caused the session to end. But the next thing i knew i was back in my bed.

• Like 1

Cool... yeah mine was before I ever heard of it too. I didnt have the vibrations though, at least not that I remember.

Thank you seeker

I used to be a zombie slayer too btw and I didnt like it at all... :( it was the worste time of my life actually but I was good at it..

Can I ask you another question.. can you help people in real life with your projection, or is this only for your own mind... for example can you go conquer other peoples demons or heal them with light? Or any other type of psychic persuasion etc... In your opinion...

:( sorry to here that. I often find that people with strong sensitivities have often had rough patches in their lives. Yes during some of the intense sagas it was not so fun....I wasn't lucid, but afterwords the revelation is like jumping out of bed an screaming "holy carp I can't believe I just did that" then jumping around doing kung fu moves like after watching a Bruce Lee movie :)

Ap. yes I believe there are ways to make it directly usefully. but before that, let's consider how much of the ice burg we are talking about. If you have a heightened awareness and notice something that would have otherwise been missed but it makes a difference isn't that a direct effect. If you know a plant spirit intimately and this causes you to look at nature differently and share this intamacy with others isnt that a direct effect? If someone comes to you terrorized by sleep paralysis nightmares and attacks and you know exactly how to pull them through it and change their lives forever isn't hat direct? If you know how to teach a mother exactly how to comfort a child during a night terror and then tell her exactly why it is ocuring isn't that direct? If you understand altered states of conscious so intamately you can gain the trust and love of he mentally Ill, autistic, or damaged because they can sense that on some level you understand them and do not judge, pity, or condemn them and can lead them to the help they need isnt that direct. There is so much more healing to be accomplished that is not magic, but is far more profound and arises from the examples of spirit guides and angels as they heal and instruct you.

With that said. Yes. I have experimented with putting my hands inside of Somone and myself to literally feal the inside of a persons body. I think a highly developed person could make use of this. Perhaps the shaman of old or people like Edward cacy.

I have also developed secondary awareness 'scouts' to seek out people. That are off shoots of awareness that can scan a house and find Somone one, a leak, an object or whatever. Could be useffull in I ever develop the ability to project without all the meditation and relaxation.

What you are describing is the process of soul retrieval. I have preformed this twice, but it's not as simple as just doing it for somone else. They have to come with you. In traditional shamanism it takes hours of arduous ritual, but there are otherways of guided soul retrieval.

You should look up some of the experiences of Stanaslov Groff and Sandra Ingerman. If you want to be a healer through learning about the journey and the spirit world, you are essentially turning yourself into a shaman. But your methods and outlook are going to be between you and your spirit teachers.

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 1

:( sorry to here that. I often find that people with strong sensitivities have often had rough patches in their lives. Yes during some of the intense sagas it was not so fun....I wasn't lucid, but afterwords the revelation is like jumping out of bed an screaming "holy carp I can't believe I just did that" then jumping around doing kung fu moves like after watching a Bruce Lee movie :)

Ap. yes I believe there are ways to make it directly usefully. but before that, let's consider how much of the ice burg we are talking about.

What do you mean about the ice burge?

I mean I would be interested in learning to do it to be useful for other people. If I can help them overcome some mental/spiritual/demonic stuff.. deep rooted issues. I know everyone has there own journeys but I wouldn't mind jostling it up if it could have an impact and good result.

I know this question was for Seeker79 but I thought I'd pop in and say yes on both accounts :)

When I did the conquering the demon, it was taking it into myself and understanding why it was there. It was the strongest spiritual battle I ever fought, so you must be very prepared,strong and pray for help to cancel all the negative with love and mercy from the higher powers. I'd always ask God's help and permission and guidance before even attempting something like that.

Light healing came naturally and unexpectedly. A man saw an angel behind me and he said I was glowing and asked me to heal him. I was envisioning and hearing an angel guide all day and was astounded the very sick man saw him too! I immediately knew what to say and do, I was told ..I prayed for him and told him he was granted the strength of my angel to let him walk again and live long enough to do what he needed to do. His son saw the light but not the angel. He stood up, kissed me and walked! He lived for several years after he was told by doctors he wouldn't walk and was to die within a few weeks! I also gave him the name of the angel to call upon.

I was very overwhelmed because I never experienced anything so random, I only know I was the messenger to give him enough faith to overcome and God meant him to live longer. I wasn't ready for word to get out but it does when something like that happens. People think you have a power when you're just the connection at the right time and place if it's meant to be.

The healing light did not weaken me at all and I actually felt uplifted by the experience but when I fought the bad entity "demon" it felt like I was drained and not as well protected for a long time.

Edited by White Unicorn
  • Like 1

I know this question was for Seeker79 but I thought I'd pop in and say yes on both accounts :)

Ok good... I am very intetested in that :)

What do you mean about the ice burge?

Sorry I had to switch devices the kindle fire is full of bugs for writting In forums. I finished what I was going to say above in an edit.