Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

American Sniper has warped peoples minds

Professor Buzzkill

Adam Kokesh interviews movie goers about American Sniper, then sets a few people straight about who was actually defending their homeland.

• Like 5

I could watch only 5 minutes worth. It is so depressing to see how brainwashed so many americans are. :cry:

• Like 4

I could watch only 5 minutes worth. It is so depressing to see how brainwashed so many americans are. :cry:

It's worth watching Adam putting these guys into their place. The first 5 mins just sets the scene.

Well to be fair, the folks he interviewed really didn't stand a chance against him. At this stage he's a professional pundit who is extremely well versed in his approach.

People watch movies on very different levels. One person's rah rah flag waving hero is another person's very disturbed and troubled individual who was, in fact, struggling with the reasons behind that war.

• Like 5

His only regret was that he didn't kill more of the scum who wanted to kill his buddies. That makes him ok in my sight. It's war - he was a warrior and a damned good one.

• Like 4

His only regret was that he didn't kill more of the scum who wanted to kill his buddies. That makes him ok in my sight. It's war - he was a warrior and a damned good one.

As I understand it, his only regret was that he didn't kill more Iraqis which is a whole busload of different to "the scum who wanted to kill his buddies".

• Like 4

Wow. People don't have a right to defend themselves against foreign invaders? Especially when the invaders blatantly lied about the reason for the invasion?

Referring to an entire nation as scum is incredibly disgusting. I have iraqi friends (who are Christians that lament the state of their nation currently) and had an iraqi teacher at school. I am sure Mr Kyle would have loved to shoot them if you believe the comments in this book

• Like 9

Guest Br Cornelius

Maybe you should climb off your soap box and add the essential word ILLEGAL war to your comment.

Br Cornelius

Guest Br Cornelius

There seems to be a mentality among many people that whenever their own country/allie is at war it automatically makes it legitimate regardless of the actual reasons why they got involved in that war. That shows a profound lack of moral depth and integrity when you cannot admit that sometimes your government is simply at war for immoral reasons.

Br Cornelius

Actually what he said he regrets is all the troops he didn't save. But in the eyes of many here that is an evil goal.

Let them rant. Any movie that is not saying why we are evil and should not be there is a pro war propaganda movie to them.

Even though the movie is about the soliders expierneces there. Makes no remarks on the war. Most of these people haven't even seen the movie. So their minds have been made up way before it no matter what the movie says.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 4

I think the hard on you guys have to defame Chris Kyle is absurd. As if the soldiers decide who and where they fight.

• Like 6

Furthermore, none of you featherweights would have the guts to tell a SEAL or any other soldier how you think to their faces.

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 5

Maybe if I say this in a diffrent light you guys will understand.

My uncle died in Vietnam at age 19. I don't agree with the Vietnam war.

But my uncle still deserves respect. Why? Because he joined to fight for what he belived in. He wasn't drafted. He felt he should do something because he thought it was right. He gave the highest price he could give at an early age.

If they made movie showing everything he went through it wouldn't be a pro war movie it would just be movie about his story.

A movie showing the expirences of our fighting men and women is not propaganda. They do deserve our respect. For sacrificing their lives for the things they feel is right.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 6

Matey, I'm Australian. I'll take the beating and the loss of teeth - if only to prove my point.

Secondly, all I see is people saying "Kyle was a nasty piece of work" not "SEALs were nasty pieces of work" or "All soldiers are scum" or whatever else you've read parced in your brain.

And remember, we're talking about a man who referred to the Iraqis as animals and scum and other dehumanizing terms.

• Like 2

Matey, I'm Australian. I'll take the beating and the loss of teeth - if only to prove my point.

Secondly, all I see is people saying "Kyle was a nasty piece of work" not "SEALs were nasty pieces of work" or "All soldiers are scum" or whatever else you've read parced in your brain.

And remember, we're talking about a man who referred to the Iraqis as animals and scum and other dehumanizing terms.

Oh belive me, these hardline libertarians see all soldiers the same as they see Chris.

• Like 1

When you're in a high stress situations where people are trying to kill you. Killing your freinds and your forced to shoot kids and women you would probably do the same. It's how people cope.

The language is like that in every war

Guest Br Cornelius

I think the hard on you guys have to defame Chris Kyle is absurd. As if the soldiers decide who and where they fight.

Everyone get to decide if they go and kill a stranger. No one forced them to become soldiers and no one forced them to kill people.

Br Cornelius

Guest Br Cornelius

When you're in a high stress situations where people are trying to kill you. Killing your freinds and your forced to shoot kids and women you would probably do the same. It's how people cope.

The language is like that in every war

He wrote it down in a book after the event - it seems he still thinks that way.

Br Cornelius

Everyone get to decide if they go and kill a stranger. No one forced them to become soldiers and no one forced them to kill people.

Br Cornelius

You'd all be speaking German and hieling Hitler if it weren't for people making those decisions.

• Like 2

He wrote it down in a book after the event - it seems he still thinks that way.

Br Cornelius

I HIGHLY doubt he still thinks that way.

• Like 3

Guest Br Cornelius

Maybe if I say this in a diffrent light you guys will understand.

My uncle died in Vietnam at age 19. I don't agree with the Vietnam war.

But my uncle still deserves respect. Why? Because he joined to fight for what he belived in. He wasn't drafted. He felt he should do something because he thought it was right. He gave the highest price he could give at an early age.

If they made movie showing everything he went through it wouldn't be a pro war movie it would just be movie about his story.

A movie showing the expirences of our fighting men and women is not propaganda. They do deserve our respect. For sacrificing their lives for the things they feel is right.

Doing what you think was right when you haven't really put any serious though into what that actual entails means that the majority of the soldiers are ignorant of their real function and have signed up to a war machine. Ignorance is not an excuse for doing the wrong thing since we can all inform ourselves.

Br Cornelius