Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Congressman says bomb Mecca if US attacked

morpheas

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Babs

• morpheas

• Stixxman

• JayRob303

Well, lets use this logic and take out the Vatican the next time a Catholic kills someone.

Durka, durka, durka.

Anyone for a worldwide Holy war? Attack Mecca, Vatican gets hit in return. I see a nasty trend emerging here.

Holy s**t...

I hope he is an isolated figure in congress...The US makes a big to-do about how this war is not about islam...how convincing would that be if we bombed their holy sites?

That would be the real start of WWIII

Maybe it was just a political tool. He knew any potential trrorists would hear about this and, possibly be swayed into pulling out at the thought of such a repurcussion. This could be a method of prevention rather than retribution. A big risk, but one that could pay off. You shouldn't take such things at face value. As anyone in the conspiracy thread will tell you

It was probably a mistake to say something like this. Though I've heard it somewhere before. Can't remember if it was here or just something I thought up one day, but bombing holy sites is definitely something that would cause major havoc.

Sounds reasonable to me.

How reliable is that source?

Babs, in what way would bombing Mecca be reaonable?

They kill our innocents ohmy.gif ...we kill theirs. angry.gif What better way to drive home a message than to bomb their holy places. The friggin terrorists hide out and destroy holy sites, themselves, shooting our innocent soldiers, who while keeping the faith, don't enter or violate holy places.

I said, a while back, that there were Americans that feel this way, and everyone, here, got up in arms.

A Republican congressman said in a radio interview aired by a Florida station that if a multiple-city attack happened in the United States in the next 90 days, as predicted by an Israeli expert, and was found to be the work of extremist Muslims, then “we should take out their holy sites.”

This, im my opinion, is not a wise idea. In fact, it was not wise to even say it.

Well, we'll see.

So you know for certain that the people of Mecca are resonsible, how did you come to that conclusion? Thats like blaming the Vatican for what the IRA has done.

By doing that you would do what Osama and friends say the US is doing, so you would be playing them into their hand, what message would that send?

So you think it is perfectly fine to kill thousands of innocent people to maybe get a few terrorists?

The old saying two wrong dont make a right still stands.

The US can barely handle the Iraqi insugents if they bomb mecca the entire muslim population will attack the them. Theres no way they could win by bombing macca they would secure their defeat and collapse as a super power.

Those holy sites are generating all the violence and terrorism. All those terrorists have come from this one energy source. We don't say this is a holy war, because to us, it isn't. BUT... to them, it is! And hitting them where it hurts, and where all this extremist (muslim) violence comes from, is the perfect deterrent to further terror.

I am injecting this thread with some spice original.gif ...don't mean to offend anyone, but all the same, this is my opinion.

The US can barely handle the Iraqi insugents if they bomb mecca the entire muslim population will attack the them. Theres no way they could win by bombing macca they would secure their defeat and collapse as a super power.

740020[/snapback]

I'm sure the U.S._collapsing as a super power_ doesn't worry you, so why the protest? cool.gif

But not every musil is anti-american in fact there are many muslims who live peacfully within the US. Attacking mecca would set off the peacful muslims. You cannot attack there most holy city because of a few radical muslims.

No you can't. Attacking the holy sites would be a major mistake. Not only would the Muslims be ready for war, but our allies probably wouldn't look at it very favorably either.

final flight....A few???

...remember 911?? "A few" of them took out 3,000 of our people. ohmy.gifangry.gif

I am not talking about innocent people, here.....EXCEPT.... the terrorists 'did' kill 'our' innocent people. blink.gif If they kill our innocents, we should kill their innocents. Fair?......and the best place to hit the terrorists would be where their 'terrorist' philosophy starts, in their religion.

Edited by Babs

They kill our innocents, so we go kill theirs. That's the way to do things. Hmmm, that's stooping to their level.

A couple thousand radicals out of millions is a few. Also many of those radical muslims are brainwashed into the terrorist way of thinking.

Terrorists dont have innocents, they dont have a country, they dont have a face. And you bomb Mecca, not only do you have the entire Muslim world jumping to attack America, you also got your allies and other non muslim countrys that would not like that, and you would be conferming that is a Holy War, and not a war against Terrorism. You would be playing right into there hands and securing the downfall of your country. And not only that, your soldiers in Iraq would be over run, same with your soldiers in everyother middle eastern nation, so basicly you would be condeming 10s of thousands of US citizens to death, or torture.

~Thanato

Yeah bombing them would definitely help out on the war on terror. Right now you have a few isolated extremists go bomb Mecca and see how many you have after that. The entire middle eastern world would unite and i dont think we would be able to handle that.

Your so against them Babs and yet you are no different then them . You promote fear, hate and violence just like they do.

What ever happened to 2 wrongs dont make a right?????

laugh.gif I had to laugh at this. Just the stupid things our officals say some days... yeah... lets go after ISLAM instead of TERRORISTS! rolleyes.gif

He is just sick of seeing people killed in the name of religion for Jihad and killing infidels. Around here, that is what nearly eveybody thinks, I have just given up on trying to show them it is not all Islam, just ones that twist the Koran's teachings into terrorism. Sure, if you go through the Koran there is some iffy quotes (the ones that mainly get twisted) but it really isn't their way of life.

If you attak Mecca, it will be indeed a cause nearly every 1 billion + muslims will stand up for... then we are all in a world of ****!

Edited by __Kratos__