Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Nursing home prostitution scandal

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16    Zirna

Zirna

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:54 AM

I don't think the nursing homes can restrict who comes to visit or what they do when they visit as long as they aren't causing any trouble.  In some nursing homes the nurses are allowed to sleep with the residents as long as they are off duty and the resident concents. All they request is that they hang a do not disturb sign on the door.

The Dictum of St. Thomas Aquinas:

Omnes angeli, boni et Mali, ex virtute naturali habent potestatem transmutandi corpora nostra

#17    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,126 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:33 AM

Nursing homes don't allow alcohol, tobacco, gambling (for money), recreational drugs etc. Why should they become involved in prostitution? All this talk of 'better to leave the old folks to die if they can't have prostitutes' is not a rational argument. If one wants gandpa to have this type of service then it's the family who need to go and collect their loved one and take him for a day out at a bordello (ie, cat house). This kind of thing is not the perogative of nursing home facilities.

Also, do you all realize just how old and disabled people are when they go to a nursing home? Not to mention that in most locations prostitution is illegal. Not to further mention the STDs carried by said prostitutes. Or to keep mentioning that someone was making a lot of money off these old folks.  IMO this is not a good thing and I doubt you will be seeing 'hooker day' advertised by any nursing homes.

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#18    pitchp

pitchp

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 210 posts

• "I go when I want to go. To prolong life would be tasteless"
    Albert Einstein

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:48 AM

View PostLilly, on 04 February 2013 - 10:33 AM, said:

Nursing homes don't allow alcohol, tobacco, gambling (for money), recreational drugs etc. Why should they become involved in prostitution? All this talk of 'better to leave the old folks to die if they can't have prostitutes' is not a rational argument. If one wants gandpa to have this type of service then it's the family who need to go and collect their loved one and take him for a day out at a bordello (ie, cat house). This kind of thing is not the perogative of nursing home facilities.

Also, do you all realize just how old and disabled people are when they go to a nursing home? Not to mention that in most locations prostitution is illegal. Not to further mention the STDs carried by said prostitutes. Or to keep mentioning that someone was making a lot of money off these old folks.  IMO this is not a good thing and I doubt you will be seeing 'hooker day' advertised by any nursing homes.

Lily i'm sorry but I would have to kinda disagree on your opinions. Don't forget even though these are old men we are talking about, they are still men with balls. I know you are a female, so you wouldn't have the slightest idea on how these balls work. Let me try and elaborate for you. There are about 300million souls in the pair of balls that are just screaming to get out. They send signals to the brain. And the brain calculates it, as a means of time to procreate. Just like the animals on heat they procreate. It's pathetic. I experience this on a daily basis. I hate it! I feel like such an animal going through this mundane process. It sux. But perhaps that is just me. In any case going back with these old men, even though they are old, they are still stuck with this horrible ritual. Perhaps may be they should make a drug the kills this 300 millions souls that builds up everyday in our balls. Can you see what I'm getting at?? Perhaps may be I'm over with this human lifeform since i have had so many life times. So please excuse my negativity towards procreation. One way or another these old men need to release these 300 millions souls that is stuck in hiss balls. Be realistic about it, take a step back, have some compassion, and really think what is the best situation for these old men that have this problem.

"The truth is out there. We are all searching for it."
   PitchP

#19    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:57 AM

Im not gonna touch the Prostitution thing as its illegal in my state so obviously thats not going on.

But when I worked in Nursing Homes I rolled joints for medical marijuana patients with MS poured Whiskey with a doctors Rx. All homes that Im aware of have area designated for Residents to smoke if they so choose (usually outside) One must keep in mind that these are there homes and they live there often till the day they die. It is not uncommon to find the people doing the activities that they pursued during there lifetime before the Nursing Home. Cards are a common commodity on the inside although I will say the game of choice is usually solitaire. Sewing, Small outdoor gardens are sometimes kept among many other activities.

Mind you this is in Nursing Homes a place I wish on no person to have to live and what little I could do to make there lives seem more humane I certainly went out of my way to do. The best part of a day working in that environment is when you can leave and know you made somebodies just a little bit better by a chit chat or just getting them to an activity that they want to do.

I know as I get bit older and wind up getting confined to one of these homes I certainly want to be able to continue the activities I enjoyed in my years growing old as to the best of my abilities. its part of being human.

#20    ali smack

ali smack

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

• If something's hard to do, then it's not worth doing

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:00 PM

It's not prostitution I have a problem with really.
I think it should be totally legalised and brothels etc should be legal.
It would stop the women getting killed by fruitloops. But also
if you were to tax prostitutes and brothels it could give the government
a lot of money.
I also don't have a problem with old people or disabled people sleeping with prostitutes.
If they want to do that and there paying with there money, and the prostitutes are happy
then fair enough.

But I do have a problem with this nursing home.
They are not allowed drugs, gambling, or booze ups in these places.
So why allow prostitution?
but even more disturbing is the staff admit to residents groping staff.
Surely they shouldn't be awarding them with prostitutes. they should be explaining to them that groping is wrong.

#21    wolfknight

wolfknight

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

• There is nothing to Fear, but fear itself

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:01 PM

Hey the is nothing wrong with an old dude getting laid or seeing some boobies. At lease they are happy!!!!!!

#22    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 5,496 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

I must admit that when I read the thread title I thought the home was prostituting out the residents. :o

But after reading it I have to agree with Lilly... It is not the place of the home to supply the residents with sexual gratification... If the residents want it, then they can make the arraingements themselves or have their families do it for them... If two residents want to engage in sex (and it is medically safe for them to do so) then the home should (IMO) be set up so that they can have the privacy to do so - other than that they are setting themselves up for severe litigation, and (potentially) the residents for serious harm...

Prostitution is also illegal here in my state, so it's a moot point here anyway...

#23    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,126 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

View Postpitchp, on 04 February 2013 - 10:48 AM, said:

There are about 300million souls in the pair of balls that are just screaming to get out.

I have a degree in biology. I must have been home sick they day they covered this concept.

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#24    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,126 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:09 PM

View PostTaun, on 04 February 2013 - 01:02 PM, said:

But after reading it I have to agree with Lilly... It is not the place of the home to supply the residents with sexual gratification... If the residents want it, then they can make the arraingements themselves or have their families do it for them... If two residents want to engage in sex (and it is medically safe for them to do so) then the home should (IMO) be set up so that they can have the privacy to do so - other than that they are setting themselves up for severe litigation, and (potentially) the residents for serious harm...

This sounds quite reasonable and is basically my stance on this as well.

#25    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 04 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

Oh well,if your gonna shuffle off this mortal coil,then go smiling i say.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#26    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,583 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

View Postali smack, on 04 February 2013 - 01:00 PM, said:

It's not prostitution I have a problem with really.
I think it should be totally legalised and brothels etc should be legal.
It would stop the women getting killed by fruitloops. But also
if you were to tax prostitutes and brothels it could give the government
a lot of money.
I also don't have a problem with old people or disabled people sleeping with prostitutes.
If they want to do that and there paying with there money, and the prostitutes are happy
then fair enough.

But I do have a problem with this nursing home.
They are not allowed drugs, gambling, or booze ups in these places.
So why allow prostitution?
but even more disturbing is the staff admit to residents groping staff.
Surely they shouldn't be awarding them with prostitutes. they should be explaining to them that groping is wrong.

So you are saying infirm and handicapped people should be arranging their own hookers? And if they grope staff they should be educated about their wrongs? I dont think id care about being educated if i was 80 with memory loss.

Can someone confirm to me that prostitution is legal in the uk? I thought it was only illegal in overly religious places like iran and the usa

#27    The Sky Scanner

The Sky Scanner

Observer

• 5,540 posts

• The loud ones never last!

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

View PostProfessor Buzzkill, on 04 February 2013 - 05:13 PM, said:

So you are saying infirm and handicapped people should be arranging their own hookers? And if they grope staff they should be educated about their wrongs? I dont think id care about being educated if i was 80 with memory loss.

Can someone confirm to me that prostitution is legal in the uk? I thought it was only illegal in overly religious places like iran and the usa

Prostitution isn't illegal over here, however, just about every way you can sell, advertise, and promote your profession is certainly illegal...I think the thinking was to not come down heavy on the prostitutes, but have plenty of clout in the law to go after those that exploit and pimp them...(that is how I see it anyway)..

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science". ~ Edwin Powell Hubble

#28    thewild

thewild

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

• Y HELLO THAR

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:29 AM

I had some laffs out of this thread.I also got to see both sides of the argument. I think that as a future caregiver I should be allowed the personal space bubble around residents without worrying about a grope or a feel, but on the other hand, I wouldn't want anyone to die alone and shunned for fear of being "that thorny old goat". Perhaps explaining to them at least once (or everyday, depending on level of Alzheimer  that as a caregiver I need the respect and space to make their lives as comfortable and as pleasant as possible..And before any guys jump in and say that a squeeze would make them feel better think about the older gents that prefer young men, and put yourself in my shoes...it's the same boundary issue :)

Posted Image

#29    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 3,952 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:47 AM

I see nothing whatsoever wrong with nursing home residents seeking prostitutes and seeing strippers.

View Postali smack, on 04 February 2013 - 12:00 AM, said:

http://www.livescien...rostitutes.html

A nursing home is under investigation after allegations were made that staff allowed residents to sleep with prostitutes and also see strippers.
The prostitutes and strippers were allowed to visit the premises.
Apparently some of the residents groped and sexually harassed staff members so the staff thought it be a good idea to give them prostitutes and strippers.
I don't know what other people's opinions on this are.
But I think it's wrong. I don't think that neither prostitutes or strippers should be allowed into a nursing home. It's the same if someone invited a prostitute into an office while everyone is having there lunch breaks. It's just unprofessional on the part of the nursing home. Also if residents are  groping and sexually harassing staff. Then they should be punished and put somewhere where they can not harm people.
I do hate the way that if people are disabled. They automatically are classed as "Innocent" and "Nice" by everyone.And get away with things that most people would get into serious trouble over.
If an O.A.P. in an retirement home groped staff.He would get into serious trouble.
Why should someone who is disabled be allowed to get away with it?

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#30    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 3,952 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:49 AM

View PostSky Scanner, on 04 February 2013 - 07:06 PM, said:

Prostitution isn't illegal over here, however, just about every way you can sell, advertise, and promote your profession is certainly illegal...I think the thinking was to not come down heavy on the prostitutes, but have plenty of clout in the law to go after those that exploit and pimp them...(that is how I see it anyway)..

Insulting the state of israel is illegal in this country but it doesn't stop people from doing it. Let the elder people live their lives as they deem necessary.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users