Here is the Daily Mail article:
- Joshua Hakken recently bought 25-foot 1972 Morgan sailboat with a blue hull and the word 'Salty' on it
- 2006 GMC pickup truck was found in Madeira Beach
- The vessel bears Florida Boat Registration #FL3717BK
- Court documents show Mr Hakken, 35, planned to kill himself and talked about taking 'a journey to Armageddon'
- Hakken entered his mother-in-law's house at 6.30am on Tuesday in Tampa, Florida and restrained her with zip ties
- Hakken and his wife, Sharyn, are both engineers and the husband served in the Air Force
- He was arrested last June on drug charges after attending an anti-government rally
- Sons' maternal grandmother has been granted permanent custody of the boys
Deputies on the hunt for a Florida couple accused of kidnapping their two young sons now believe that the family may be on board a sailboat after their pickup truck was discovered abandoned in Madeira Beach.
The Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office said Friday that 35-year-old Joshua Michael Hakken recently bought a 25-foot 1972 Morgan sailboat with a blue hull with the word 'Salty' painted on it and white paw prints on both sides. The boat's whereabouts are unknown.
The vessel bears Florida Boat Registration #FL3717BK, HUL #M252099. There may be a yellow horseshoe life preserver on deck.
For more read: http://www.dailymail...ida-garage.html
Detective Daniel Seuzeneau, with the Slidell Police Department, told WGNOthat Joshua Hakken had first appeared on their radar in June 17, 2012, after causing disturbance inside a hotel that was the site of an anti-government rally.
Police described Mr and Mrs Hakken as being intoxicated and making incoherent statements completing their ultimate journey' and riving to California to 'beat the Armageddon.'
Joshua Hakken talked about a series of fantasy books that had changed his life, called The Sword of Truth. He said he was heading to the 'Valley of Rahaan.' The Hakkens' two small children were present.
In the hotel room police found marijuana, a gun and a large knife. Mr Hakken was arrested on multiple drug charges and jailed for about a week.
Meanwhile, police fearing or the safety of Chase and Cole contacted the Department of Children and Family Services, which took the Hakkens' children into custody.
Sheriff's Cpl. Kevin Bodie told Tampa Bay Times that Hakken is a mechanical engineer who owns a business in South Tampa. His wife has been certified as a civil engineer.
According to her Facebook page, Sharyn Hakken got her Bachelor's degree from University of South Florida in geotechnical engineering in 2001 before obtaining a Master's degree in civil engineering from USF in 2008.
I really don't understand this at all. The government HAS ABSOLUTELY NO FRIGGIN' RIGHT TO TAKE ANYONES KIDS AWAY!! They weren't being hit or abused!