Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dinosaur's Evolved Into Humans

Xzenox

The base of our brain is Reptilian....

We still dont actually know how the dinosaurs died soo maybe im thinking they never died they just evolved into us could this be possible???

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheGreatWhiteHorse

• Guardsman Bass

• Hehe

• Seraphina

The base of our brain is Reptilian....

We still dont actually know how the dinosaurs died soo maybe im thinking they never died they just evolved into us could this be possible???

Women perhaps, but not men. Women are cold-blooded and vicious on occasion. Trust me, I know...

:innocent:

But seriously, I don't think so. But who knows what lies in our DNA? Dorment DNA could be reptilian.

reptiles and mammels have a common ancestor, if yo ufoolow the evolution side of the argument, then that explains why the most primitive part of our brain is there. also given that this region of the brain is the first to develop during pregnancy shows that we share a common ancestor with the reptiles.

Mammals, of a sort, already existed by the time dinosaurs first appeared in the Triassic period. They have a common ancestor, but dinosaurs did not and could not evolve into humans.

Mammals, of a sort, already existed by the time dinosaurs first appeared in the Triassic period. They have a common ancestor, but dinosaurs did not and could not evolve into humans.

good point :tu: aside from common ancestor' there is nothing to back your theory up.

Well Mammals evolved from Reptiles, and realistically it makes no sense that all dinosaurs are called dinosaurs...there reptiles. oo; The only reason we named them dinosaurs was the fact that we were grouping them all by the fact that they were all ancient species of reptiles, so we just called them dinosaurs. O-o; I hope I explained that well... x.x

"Dinosaur's Evolved Into Humans" that was a big mistake... Poor Earth :(

The "Reptilian" brain is merely a term used by clinical psychologists when refering to the "Old Brain", or as Freud understood it, your unconscious desire-drive. It is the small part at the base of your brain where it meets the spineal cord, surrounded by the evolutionarily younger mass called the new brain...you know...neo cortex. It is called reptilian because it functions much like an ancient animal brain, all self-driving, carnal instinct. When you are horny, it is this brain that tells you to copulate, when hungry, to eat and etc.

This part of the brain is in no way biologically reptilian. I highly suggest discovering why something is termed the way it is before drawing conclusions, as the arguments you come up with will otherwise be absurdities.

It was early mammalian life, such as subterranean rodents, etc. that evolved into humans post-extinction.

Edited by TheGreatWhiteHorse

The "Reptilian" brain is merely a term used by clinical psychologists when refering to the "Old Brain", or as Freud understood it, your unconscious desire-drive. It is the small part at the base of your brain where it meets the spineal cord, surrounded by the evolutionarily younger mass called the new brain...you know...neo cortex. It is called reptilian because it functions much like an ancient animal brain, all self-driving, carnal instinct. When you are horny, it is this brain that tells you to copulate, when hungry, to eat and etc.

This part of the brain is in no way biologically reptilian. I highly suggest discovering why something is termed the way it is before drawing conclusions, as the arguments you come up with will otherwise be absurdities.

This dashes into bits any idea that dinosaurs and humans share ancestry or a common reptile brain. It was early mammalian life, such as subterranean rodents, etc. that evolved inot humans post-extinction.

I have never studied into this crap so I dont know much just a theory gosh. :w00t:

I have never studied into this crap so I dont know much just a theory gosh. :w00t:

Thats my point.

knowing is half the battle. You asked if it is possible. It is not.

Edited by TheGreatWhiteHorse

What would Lacerta, the subterranean reptiloid woman say?

I suppose common ancestry supports the idea.

Well Mammals evolved from Reptiles, and realistically it makes no sense that all dinosaurs are called dinosaurs...there reptiles. oo; The only reason we named them dinosaurs was the fact that we were grouping them all by the fact that they were all ancient species of reptiles, so we just called them dinosaurs. O-o; I hope I explained that well... x.x

I'm almost positive that mammals didn't evolve from reptiles, but I could be wrong.

Also, Dinosaurs weren't reptiles.

reptiles and mammels have a common ancestor, if yo ufoolow the evolution side of the argument, then that explains why the most primitive part of our brain is there. also given that this region of the brain is the first to develop during pregnancy shows that we share a common ancestor with the reptiles.

It might also explain our healing process. Some reptiles are known to grow back limbs when they are cut from their bodies. We can't regrow limbs ourselves, but skin is said to be an entity of its own making--and it's alive, grows and heals--it even breathes.

did neither of you read my post? I outlined...in great detail...what "reptile brain" means and that we have no biological link to dinosaurs!

Sheesh. It was only three posts ago.

When speaking upon a "scientific" concept- one must always checkt to make sure they understand the terminology being used.

As GWH pointed out, the "reptillian" brain is only a term used to describe the sort of thought processes that occur at the very basic level of thought. Reptiles run pretty much solely on need- need for heat, need for food, need for making more little reptiles.

It refers the raw instinct we feel at times. It does NOT refer to any genetic or biological connection to reptiles.

Dinosaurs were not reptiles as evidence now points out. Findings have pointed to the very strong connection that dinosaurs were actually avian in nature.

"Common Ancestry" is not evidence that humans evolved from reptiles. It simply states that when one goes back to the very beginning, everything came from the same type of single cell organism. From there evolution then branched off.

As for this just being a theory... may I suggest you actually do some more research into such topics before proposing any other far-fetched theories. After all, theories must have some claim to plausibility, in addition to justifying evidence to support such a theory.

Simply seeing a phrase without looking deeper into the context and substance behind it does not make a theory valid for discussion.

What would Lacerta, the subterranean reptiloid woman say?

I suppose common ancestry supports the idea.

She's say it's a (:o you can't say that on a family forum!) crazy idea, too. And then she'd catch a fly with her tongue. :yes:

i never said we evolved from dinos only that both have a common ancestor, one went the way of giant creatures the other, much later in time when the big beasties were gone became us and every other mammal we see today.

good point :tu: aside from common ancestor' there is nothing to back your theory up.

Oh really? Scientists have found fossils of the predecessors of mammals, and the fossils of small mammals that existed in the middle Triassic period. See for yourself, here.

To the best of my knowledge, mammals didn't evolve from dinosaurs, but rather evolved at the same time (certainly there were mammals around in the cretacious period...perhaps in the jurrassic also, but I doubt as early as the triassic). It just happens that, as dinosaurs evolved in one direction, other groups of creatures evolved in another. Although it wasn't until the dinosaurs were out of the way that there were any mammals around larger than a mouse :P

To the best of my knowledge, mammals didn't evolve from dinosaurs, but rather evolved at the same time (certainly there were mammals around in the cretacious period...perhaps in the jurrassic also, but I doubt as early as the triassic). It just happens that, as dinosaurs evolved in one direction, other groups of creatures evolved in another. Although it wasn't until the dinosaurs were out of the way that there were any mammals around larger than a mouse :P

That's exactly what I was saying, as well.

That's exactly what I was saying, as well.

Thats what I was saying even earlier than you were saying it. :mellow:

:w00t: And evolution isnt a philosophy

I dont recall anyone saying that it IS. :hmm: