Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

A new Super-Honey has arrived to cure us

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16    Zaphod222

Zaphod222

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

• When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers.
    (Oscar Wilde)

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:34 AM

Like the article says, this has been known for ages. Now lets only hope there are enough bees left to produce anything, after Monsanto gets their way.

#17    Xanthurion2

Xanthurion2

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts

• Valar morghulis

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:02 AM

Why isn't it commercially available yet?

SRS

#18    Parsec

Parsec

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 09:50 AM

View PostZaphod222, on 14 August 2013 - 04:34 AM, said:

Like the article says, this has been known for ages. Now lets only hope there are enough bees left to produce anything, after Monsanto gets their way.

Don't worry, they'll bioengineer them too :lol:

Jokes aside, I was wondering, do they work on bees producing honey, or on the honey itself in "post-production"?

#19    mysticwerewolf

mysticwerewolf

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts

• let thy insanity keep thee sane, but if that doesn't work then go fishing... I need to go fishing real Real bad!.. catch a big one

Posted 15 August 2013 - 11:32 AM

I have to wonder if this stuff is really pure honey or if there is a large amount of royal jelly within the  honey. ( Royal jelly is used by many peoples as a medication for many things it is made by the bees to feed to a larval queen  and it is the chemical that makes her fertile and gives her a long life   two to four years instead of the two to six months that most honey bees last.)

#20    Parsec

Parsec

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 193 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:38 PM

View Postmysticwerewolf, on 15 August 2013 - 11:32 AM, said:

I have to wonder if this stuff is really pure honey or if there is a large amount of royal jelly within the  honey. ( Royal jelly is used by many peoples as a medication for many things it is made by the bees to feed to a larval queen  and it is the chemical that makes her fertile and gives her a long life   two to four years instead of the two to six months that most honey bees last.)

Surely it's not pure honey, there's some additive in it. Maybe they could have add some royal jelly too, but it can't be the only thing, otherwise I don't think they could patent it. Other than that, they're already used in combo since thousands of years, so still I don't think they could patent it.
But if it's the case, they're doing a great con!

#21    AceBangerTheGuru

AceBangerTheGuru

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:14 AM

The Creator has already Providided EVERYTHING "we" NEED !!!
Man Just Likes and Always has Liked to try & 1Up GOD !!!
GoodLuckWithThat !!!
Stay Natural, Get Off ALL Man made EVERYTHING , I am, have, will ...

"they" Say, We Should ...
I say, We Dont ...
Just Say, SHOUNT !!!

#22    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:35 PM

I've been taking a teaspoon of raw, unfiltered honey every day since I was 21 years old.  So far, so good.

#23    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,246 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:47 PM

View Postmoonshadow60, on 16 August 2013 - 10:35 PM, said:

I've been taking a teaspoon of raw, unfiltered honey every day since I was 21 years old.  So far, so good.

I bet your really buzzing then - after all that time? :lol:

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#24    Scheming B

Scheming B

Monster Slayer

• 4,818 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:48 PM

....thought this said super horny......cant decide if honey is better.

Stop being frightened. You only see a monster because they want you to see monsters everywhere. They've conditioned you to look for monsters in every shadow, every coat hung on every door. As long as we keep seeing monsters, we'll continue to need protection and that's how other people get to control our lives.

#25    Scheming B

Scheming B

Monster Slayer

• 4,818 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:26 PM

View PostAceBangerTheGuru, on 16 August 2013 - 05:14 AM, said:

The Creator has already Providided EVERYTHING "we" NEED !!!
Man Just Likes and Always has Liked to try & 1Up GOD !!!
GoodLuckWithThat !!!
Stay Natural, Get Off ALL Man made EVERYTHING , I am, have, will ...

"they" Say, We Should ...
I say, We Dont ...
Just Say, SHOUNT !!!

....youre using a computer

Stop being frightened. You only see a monster because they want you to see monsters everywhere. They've conditioned you to look for monsters in every shadow, every coat hung on every door. As long as we keep seeing monsters, we'll continue to need protection and that's how other people get to control our lives.

#26    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,923 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:39 PM

Lets see ... bets on it coming from a "altered" honeybee?
Bets on that Bee 'escaping' into the wild and thus meaning either a mutation in the bee population (ie South American Killer Bees) or a certain much beloved corporation claiming any bee with that altered Bee's DNA belongs to them and if you have a bee like that on your property thus meaning you owe them squllions? anyone??

#27    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,246 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:57 PM

View PostSir Wearer of Hats, on 16 August 2013 - 11:39 PM, said:

Lets see ... bets on it coming from a "altered" honeybee?
Bets on that Bee 'escaping' into the wild and thus meaning either a mutation in the bee population (ie South American Killer Bees) or a certain much beloved corporation claiming any bee with that altered Bee's DNA belongs to them and if you have a bee like that on your property thus meaning you owe them squllions? anyone??

maybe they just added stuff to regular natural honey too, leaving the bee totally out of it.

Like how they add bacteria to yoghurts, making probiotics, leaving the cow out if it too

Edited by seeder, 16 August 2013 - 11:58 PM.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#28    brlesq1

brlesq1

Fan Dancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,156 posts

• Reality is highly overrated.

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:33 PM

I use raw honey for just about everything--minor cuts, burns, sore throats--you name it. It works. If they'd stop messing around with things that ain't broke, the world would be a lot better place. But someone's trying to build a better mousetrap, and that just means $$ lining their pockets.

Forget what they told you. You want the truth, follow the money.
In this life, things are much harder than in the afterworld. In this life, you're on your own.--Prince

#29    SewerRat

SewerRat

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:00 AM

The magical ingredient of honey is hydrogen peroxide. It has antiseptic qualities which help to keep the bee hive free of harmful bacteria and parasites thus ensuring a safe growing environment for the larvae which feed on the sweet part. Hydrogen peroxide is a strong oxidising agent, acting as a bleach at high concentrations (hence the peroxide blondes of yesteryear). Presumably, the modification to honey which is claimed to make it more medically effective is nothing more than increasing the peroxide concentration. Bees normally carry nectar to the hive and repeatedly regurgitate it until it has (a) fermented into glucose sugars and saccharides and (B) evaporated off most of its water content - that is the honey-making ritual, pure and simple. So modification of the ingredients would likely have more to do with the bees' behaviour or by augmenting the finished honey with additives.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users