Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Skinwalkers...May Really Exist?

pureshark1980

Came across this video on youtube - starts off with an alleged picture of one, but then the guy gets pretty deep.

Raises a few questions.

Edited by pureshark1980
  • Like 1

Where was that photo taken? Sorry I can't see too much of the video right now, I'm on a slow connection.

Where was that photo taken? Sorry I can't see too much of the video right now, I'm on a slow connection.

It's fake. From the movie Xtro.
  • Like 4

The skinwalker figurine and fox mask were great pieces of art, imo.

if it is known someone kills a family member or commits incest they should be tried and if found guilty, put in prison, not something no one talks about.

Dessert peoples had best make no more nor less of mirages,

which are biblically associated with the devil. After all, it is

earthly beauty's being an illusion that disposes mortals to

seduction. Thence, I refrain from judging Robbie Robertson

for giving such a creepy theme and title to an, otherwise,

beautiful-sounding song:

[media=]http://youtu.be/BNH0BxT6WtE[/media]

If there be a moral to the song, to the experiences of not only

Robbie's female character but those of Moses and Christ, the

dessert is no place, particularly for the lucid, to seek respite.

Instead, because it poses a test even for the best of us, it is

grounds for being ever prayerful.

0:-) MGby.

Edited by aka CAT

My misspelling desert was almost as funny

as people's writing about the evil of satin...

Sure, it's soft, but maybe avoid red?

Came across this video on youtube - starts off with an alleged picture of one, but then the guy gets pretty deep.

Raises a few questions.

I watch this just because of the last video you uploaded..."skin walkers" don't exist...Talk about a figment of human imagination..

Xtro....

xtro.jpg

Some guy crab walks with a mask on backward and it is supposed to be a skinwalker?

Edited by DieChecker

So, the picture is basically a fake from a movie?

...Okay. Not a very good basis for a discussion.

(The movie looks kind of cool though. I might check it out :P )

• 2 weeks later...

If some of you bothered to listen to the video, he explains that the photo is actually from a film even though it's been circulated around the internet. This is a really good channel and he talks about legends in a matter-of-fact way and doesn't koo koo about it. The subject crops up in many werewolf discussions and it's a very dark area to get into.

Skinwalker..............

mosquito-facts-for-kids.jpg

• Like 3

Its fake,

It can't be fake, the guy in the video says it's real, therefore it's real.

It's still creepy even if it's fake.

First of all, being a full blood Navajo I can tell you that "Skinwalkers" are very real. Whatever that pic is has nothing to do with skinwalkers or even closely resembles any description that I know of. Navajo skinwalkers (where the name originated) are people who follow a path contrary to Hozho (beauty/balance/harmony). They do harming ceremonies and employ poison (corpse powder) to dispatch their enemies.

Most of what people know outside of our culture is pure Hollywood construct. I won't go into details about what they really are because we normally don't talk about it. We believe that talking about them will draw their attention. The last thing you want to hear is someone scratching on the walls or roof trying to get in or see a shadow race past the windows late at night.

Before the U.S. was a nation and up until around the 40's and 50's skinwalkers whose identities are revealed usually didn't survive that long. Then a navajo man was tried and convicted for murder after killing a revealed skinwalker. The U.S. government put a stop to our traditional method of dealing with them. @QuiteContrary I don't know where you get your information (internet is my best bet) but you really don't know what you're talking about. We don't talk about it for spiritual reasons. People do go to prison for murder and incest just like anywhere else. You need to understand that skinwalkers are usually covered in black ash (usually from a corpse dug up from a grave and burned to produce the ash) and they were traditional regalia. A skin mask and pelt from the animal they wish to emulate. According to tradition they have the attributes of the animal they choose and retain human intelligence. They cover themselves in the belongings of the dead person they dig up. Jewelry, blankets, sometimes articles of clothing. Anything to corrupt and warp them into evil incarnate.

Because of this their identities are unknown. It's kind of hard to accuse someone of murder if you have no clue who they are. According to tradition they can take the shape of the animal whose skin they are wearing. They choose animals that are said to be bad omens in navajo culture or very powerful. I've never seen one change shape. The only ones I've seen are on two legs and scary as hell. Yes, people. Skinwalkers are very real. I'm traditional and I have a Jish with a side pouch for a medicine that counteracts corpse powder (blown into your face with a bone tube). It's called At(insert voiceless L here)'iizh (don't even try to pronounce that lol). All traditionals have the little bag of tricks in their Jish.

Anyway, I'm done. Now cue the haters and "skeptics". (aka trolls)

Edited by Totah Dine

Skin walkers should own a ranch in Utah, if im not mistaken...

Totah Dine, if I understand you right, they are akin to Necromancers just with animistic connotations or am I total lost?

Skin walkers should own a ranch in Utah, if im not mistaken...

Totah Dine, if I understand you right, they are akin to Necromancers just with animistic connotations or am I total lost?

There is a ranch in Utah that has been dubbed "Skinwalker Ranch". It's just outside Ballard, Utah and close to one of the Ute Reservations which, by the way, doesn't have skinwalker as part of their tradition. They have something called Stick Men. I don't know why people decided to call it skinwalker ranch. It's too far away from any Navajo reservation to account for that. Skinwalkers, according to tradition, never step outside the four sacred mountains. To be honest I think someone decided to try and make money off a fabricated story. There also seems to be ufo activity on or near the ranch. Last I heard skinwalkers don't have space ships.

Sorry I have no idea what a necromancer is but it sounds negative and I'm not into that.

• Like 1

about necromancy...

[

Necromancy /ˈnɛkrɵˌmænsi/ or nigromancy is a form of magic involving communication with the deceased – either by summoning their spirit as an apparition or raising them bodily – for the purpose of divination, imparting the means to foretell future events or discover hidden knowledge, or to use the deceased as a weapon, as the term may sometimes be used in a more general sense to refer to black magic or witchcraft.[1][2] ]

and here is the part that made me think of the skin walkers...

[ The necromancer might also surround himself with morbid aspects of death, which often included wearing the deceased's clothing and consuming foods that symbolized lifelessness and decay such as unleavened black bread and unfermented grape juice. Some necromancers even went so far as to take part in the mutilation and consumption of corpses.[10] These ceremonies could carry on for hours, days, or even weeks, leading up to the eventual summoning of spirits. Frequently they were performed in places of interment or other melancholy venues that suited specific guidelines of the necromancer. Additionally, necromancers preferred to summon the recently departed based on the premise that their revelations were spoken more clearly. This timeframe was usually limited to the twelve months following the death of the physical body; once this period elapsed, necromancers would evoke the deceased’s ghostly spirit instead.[11] ]

Necromancers are shamans or wizards/witch who are specilized in dealing with the deceased for divination or favors. This kind of practise is present all around the world integrated in their cultural reality, and usually persecuted by political and religious authorities. Like in ancient hellenic world, the strix (Roman name striga...witch) was usually potrayed as a bird who comes at night. Usually a woman, and she could shapeshift into a bird and human at will.

Edited by Mr Supertypo

She was also notorious for stealing corpses or mutilating them....

But I know nothing, what you wrote of the skinwalkers made think of Necromancers. But again, I know nothing it was just a paralellism I made in my head.

PS

Something happen and I messed up with my fonts, since I was unable to fix it (???) I had to post to separate messages. Weird.

Edited by Mr Supertypo