Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Will the world end within 100 days ?

Saru

Doomsday theories continue to thrive as the end of the Mayan calendar is now less than 100 days away.

Many ethnic Mayans dismiss the apocalyptic hype as a Western invention. Everybody knows that, rather than an end of time, the inscriptions refer to a new era, they say.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Like 1

If it is a new era, lets hope there's some kind of "stay" on the crap human-beings have dished out so far.

• Like 2

Just another 100 days? Aw man, and I still have to marry Lady Gaga, find the hammer of Thor, and take over this world. I guess I should start working on weekends too...

• Like 9

I sometimes wouldn't mind if it was the end of the world as we've known it - just sometimes.

• Like 8

I've never thought it meant the end the Mayans simply stopped at 2012 cause they was probily was like ok that's enough to write **** my hand its getting a cramp anyway let the future people write the rest

• Like 4

I sometimes wouldn't mind if it was the end of the world as we've known it - just sometimes.

I can agree with that. This world is pretty much broken and needs to be fixed...It's gonna suck if it takes major cataclysm to make those changes though.

In all seriousness, they tell us the world can sustain 10 billion or so people...and I disagree...the problem we have with so many things is because...there is just flat too many people...somebody's got to go! I know, that sounds harsh, but I really think it's true...the breeders need to drop it back a notch...

I think this world is capable of shaking us off like a bad case of fleas...the more of us there are, the more violent the shaking is going to be...I do not think the world is going to "end"...but I do think humanity has a wake up call coming somewhere down the road if we do not change our status quo...

wk503d1c00.jpg

• Like 8

I think this world is capable of shaking us off like a bad case of fleas...the more of us there are, the more violent the shaking is going to be...I do not think the world is going to "end"...but I do think humanity has a wake up call coming somewhere down the road if we do not change our status quo...

Yeah, I have said the same in the past - the world can carry on just fine regardless what we do and is more than capable of "shaking us off" lol.

2012 is the Chinese Year of the Dragon, and in Mayan religion, the god Quetzalcoatl was called the 'feathered serpent' (feathered= capable of flight(?) + serpent: flying serpent/a Dragon-like being). Mayans also saw the end of the calender as the start of a new Age. Quetzalcoatl was known to have promised his return when the Mayans reached a new Age. So could the Chinese, too, have the same beliefs about Quetzalcoatl and his return to Earth in 2012?

• Like 1

Any idea at what particular time its going to end...?..i only ask because i dont want to waste money and what not on bills and food..shall we say 7-ish?

• Like 3

I do not think the "world is going to end", but I do think that some sort of planetary or cosmic event will happen, and yes that some sort of "new age" will begin.

If a planetary or cosmic event happens, the odds are it will gravely effect our infrastructure. Time will tell.

No it will not.

I wonder how many people I'll see wandering around looking to sleep with one more person before "the end of times".

:lol:

Darn it. The smiley won't display. :-(

Edited by King Fluffs

I do not think the "world is going to end", but I do think that some sort of planetary or cosmic event will happen, and yes that some sort of "new age" will begin.

If a planetary or cosmic event happens, the odds are it will gravely effect our infrastructure. Time will tell.

time will show that you are wrong again as usual nothing is going to happen, 2013 will come just like any year and will be just that another year.

• Like 3

The Old Farmer's Almanac didn't say anything about that :unsure2:

• Like 4

I'm just wondering, is this the largest most widespread doomsday theory ever or have there been larger predictions?

This is one of the largest doomsday theories due to internet. No other reason. A couple to note would be Nostradamus's end of world predictions and also the dreaded Millennium Bug that was going to cause electronics to go crazy and destroy mankind back in 2000.

• Like 1

Will the world end? nope, don't think so.

Will the world change, yes, I believe so, and about bloody time too.

Funny, I was thinking about the end of the world the other day when I found a box of rusty tin cans and packets of dried macaroni in the shed the other day (mum's old & forgotten hidden stash in the event of Y2K)

• Like 1

Will the world end? nope, don't think so.

Will the world change, yes, I believe so, and about bloody time too.

Funny, I was thinking about the end of the world the other day when I found a box of rusty tin cans and packets of dried macaroni in the shed the other day (mum's old & forgotten hidden stash in the event of Y2K)

Good God man! Don't you see it?! It's an apocalyptic sign! You're going to run out of macaroni soon! Get to the store, ASAP!

• Like 1

The calendar will not control destiny but world events are worse than at the start of WW1 and as bad as the start of WW2 . Stupidity, ignorance and greed will be the downfall of the nations unless we can find honor, truth and integrity.

• Like 5

If the world ends, will somebody please tell me? I'd like to sleep in.

• Like 1

Did the Mayans make an advent calendar for the last 100 days?

• Like 4

No, it's not...but the past week in the world news shown an explosion of anti-American incidents in the Middle east and increased tension between Iran and Israel, which can be interpreted a harbinger of a massive devastating war to build up. The so-called Timewave Zero began to fall downward on August 30th, but it was this September 11 when we hear about 4 Americans killed in an U.S. diplomatic mission in Libya and the U.S. embassy protests in Cairo. The protests and violence won't stop, while I keep up with the latest news of the Iran-Israel showdown. Something drastic may happen in December 21st to change the world or produce something so unbelievably tragic, I believe the Mayans had a worldview and futuristic mindset to be frightened not to pursue more prophecy.

Edited by Quake Storm Maverick 66er

I agree the world will not end on that day, nor will we see any magical change to our lives or surroundings. I do feel however that the current situation going on in many parts of the world is worrying. Hopefully the human race can change for the better and overcome its differences or we shall most definitely be the architects of our own destruction. I think that factors such as over over-population, religion, economy collapse are going to affect us a lot sooner than any crazy theories such as planet X and over night polar shifts. Humans need to learn to get along and make positive changes as a race or its going be a rough road ahead.

Fair enough people say the mayans were a race of astrologers, this is true and it was a practise done mainly for measuring weather patterns and seasons. They were also a race who used to sacrifice people to the 'gods' and were mostly wiped out through war and famine... you need to ask yourself that if a race was so advanced and they could predict the end of the world in '2012' then surely they would be advanced enough to prevent their own demise. This 2012 'prophecy' is a book seller and nothing more. See you all in 2013 :).

Edited by doom_boom
  • Like 1