Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Could an 'elixir of life' actually exist ?

Saru

Scientists in Kazakhstan claim to have developed a drink that they are hailing as an 'elixir of life'.

Dr Jennifer Rampling, an expert on elixirs based in Cambridge said: "He is the latest in a long line of rulers and important people who have hired or been approached by scientists and physicians who claim to have found some kind of elixir capable of prolonging life. "

arrow3.gifRead more...

The 'elixir if life' is available to all of us, well those that bother to consider what they consume. Most of us could extend our life expectancy by improving our diet...

From the article it seems to me that is all this 'elixir' does.

• Like 4

Of course... I've been alive for thousands of years.

Chubb can verify this for you all. :tu:

• Like 2

The 'elixir if life' is available to all of us, well those that bother to consider what they consume. Most of us could extend our life expectancy by improving our diet...

Agreed,

I am a big believer in pre and pro biotics. If you have ever had doses of anti-biotics (and who hasn't at some time) you kill off your gut flora along with the disease you are fighting. Not only is this bad for digestion since bacteria break down compounds in our foods so we can absorb them, it also allows opportunist diseases, like the yeast Candida, to colonize our gut once we are out of balance. So my advise for what it's worth is, if you have to take anti-biotics, take probiotics like yoghurt or kefir during and after your treatment to help reestablish your natural gut flora.

• Like 2

I can see where this is leading . Stand aside for the stampede of vegetarians .

• Like 1

Probably high in rapamycin and resveratrol, an antioxidant cocktail. I had read somewhere that astronauts were given some form of drug to prevent harmful cellular damage from the sun's rays, or possibly from cosmic rays while in orbit. I can't remember where I read it though. A life elixir so to speak, may be a long the same lines.

Ah, here: http://en.wikipedia....smic_rays#Drugs

Retinoids, helps prevent cell division, etc.

and here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retinoids

Edited by WoIverine

all the chinese emperors were searching for an eternal life exelir potion ! its well known in their history ! i watch to many chinese movies ahhhh jacky chan :D

I remember reading about the discovery of vitamins. Similar 'hype'. There is no magic elixir, but there are ways we can help our crummy chemical rich, low nutrient diets. Hope this is one.

I can see where this is leading . Stand aside for the stampede of vegetarians .

Kinda reminds me of a joke: What do you call a vegetarian with the runs? A salad shooter.

Kinda reminds me of a joke: What do you call a vegetarian with the runs? A salad shooter.

I still remember the jingle to that salad shooter commercial, stuck in my head now, ahh!!!11!!

• Like 1

The elixir of life is water.. LISTEN to your parent.... DRINK MORE WATER!!!

Edited by Idano
  • Like 1

Its similiar to kefir ,which is the stuff they drink in the Himalayas ,and live to be 140 . It has nothing to do with resveratol .

Then again,they breathe only clean air,eat no tainted processed or gmo anything ,but its the yogurt that keeps em young !

simple words of wisdom: who does not want to get old should hang himself when young. Life is finite.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, if this is the so called "Elixhr" of life...that's just going to make things worse! Humans were not made to last forever! Immortality is just not possible. If it was, imagine how terrible our world would be! Sure, good people could have access to it, but would you want someone like Stalin or Bin Laden to get a hold of something like that? (Yes, I know they're dead, but you get the point.)

Plus, our world is already over-populated. We can hardly feed all the people in the United States, much less the world! Name one country that has virtually no problems feeding ALL of its inhabitants. There is none. Scientists are already worried that if the life span gets any longer, that there could be a whole bunch less resources to feed those being born each day. Death is natural, disease is natural. It is unfortunate, but that's how it is been! Every religion has spoken about Death and its importance. People should enjoy life if they can, and just accept their fate.

• 1 year later...

The vegan candida diet vegetarian plan is easy to follow but additionally makes a lot of health sense.

There are many known reasons for being vegetarian and it's a matter of individual choice, but if you're dealing with candida overgrowth it makes sense to avoid meat.

The alternative is eating natural, free-range meat only but this is often pricey and does still contain a little bit of antibiotics.

The difference is that organic standards only allow the use of antibiotics when essential.

The fact that animals are reared in a free-range environment does mean that the likelihood of disease and for that reason antibiotic use is significantly reduced. Not forgetting the methods tend to be more humane to animals.

So if you're vegetarian, candida diet recipes vegetarian is an excellent way to get rid of your overgrowth.

However the basics are simple, particularly on the vegetarian strategy.

Eat all the more fresh vegetables and salad you would like. This consists of avocados, tomatoes, limes and lemons which tend to be technically the only fruits allowed on this plan. All other fruit is to be avoided for a minimum of three weeks. Start to see the general diet guidelines page for more.

Potatoes and root vegetables are also allowed.

Eat fresh seeds and shelled nuts (store in refrigerator).

Eat free-range, natural eggs.

Try Soya, rice and almond milk as options to cow's milk, which is not allowed.

Eat unrefined and whole wheat grains such as brown rice, whole wheat grains pasta, quinoa, and oats.

A little natural butter is allowed as are cold-pressed oils such as for example rapeseed, olive, sunflower and flax.

The vegan candida diet plan normally follows the candida diet restrictions to eliminate animal meats. This vegan variation of a vegetarian diet plan also eliminates foods produced by animals, dairy products, including eggs and honey. A healthy vegan diet uses minimal processed foods and often includes whole grains, legumes, fresh vegetables and nut products, fruits and soy.

How do they know it works, they only started developing it 2 years ago.......................on the request of their leader.

Reading the rest of the article and why they even started to develop is all a bit of a joke.

Sacha Baron Cohen would love this.