Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I found NEW cryptid on Google map photo!

George Ford

Ok, so I spend about 40 hours a week looking for cryptids on google map, and after about 2 years of nothing I finally found one!!

so here are the coordinates:-

https://www.google.c...31e3052abee7484

You can see Penguins to the right of the photograph, but to the left is a darker rock/boulder on which sits, at first glance, something that looks like a Walrus.

But look closer, it appears to have at least one upper limb that it is pointing at the penguins with! Also the back of it tapers down funny in a way that a walrus's tail would not. It has a lower flipper like a normal walrus would have which it using to push itself up to be able to point with it's 'arm'. I assume it has another flipper on the opposite side,

The rock itself appears to be very difficult for any regular walrus to climb, but one with extra arms could probably do it with little effort.

Edited by George Ford
  • Like 2

that's really cool, congratulations

and since you are the discoverer, you get to name it - maybe something like Walephant or Penguin Basher

BEST - Ron

that's really cool, congratulations

and since you are the discoverer, you get to name it - maybe something like Walephant or Penguin Basher

BEST - Ron

I already named it in the sub title description bit: "The Elephant Island Walrus Beast",

But I may change the name if I can think of a better one. I'm still currently in shock. I was going to go with Walrus-man, but thought it would be in bad taste.

-edit-

in my shock, for some reason I was thinking of the 'elephant man' as in Joseph Carey Merrick (aka John Merrick).

Edited by George Ford

The Elephant Island Walrus Beast is an excellent name but perhaps a bit long, too many words - but that's just a personal peeve, I like short simple names

Walrus-Man has a nice ring to it but it doesn't look bipedal - plus it sounds like a Beatle song

either way, NICE FIND!!

BEST - Ron

The Elephant Island Walrus Beast is an excellent name but perhaps a bit long, too many words - but that's just a personal peeve, I like short simple names

Walrus-Man has a nice ring to it but it doesn't look bipedal - plus it sounds like a Beatle song

either way, NICE FIND!!

BEST - Ron

Of how about 'The Elephant Island Merman'?

its usually best to stick with your first impressions..............

I vote........THE ELEPHANT ISLAND WALRUS BEAST

yeah, that's the ticket

if you make t-shirts, I'll buy one

BEST - Ron

• Like 1

Sorry, but all I see is a walrus. The 'arm' looks like a feature on the rockface behind it: there are other, similar features elsewhere on the rockface.

We can't tell how hard the boulder is to climb because we can't see the back of it.

• Like 1

Its a seal. The rest is optical illusion.

I would be more worried about the UFO on the left!

• Like 3

Its a seal. The rest is optical illusion.

I would be more worried about the UFO on the left!

(holds hands up in a L shape to determine my directions)

I mean the right...... :whistle:

• Like 1

Well now,

I've gone to the trouble of plugging in an old PC monitor that I have and viewed the image on that, then looked at it on my plasma TV and I can see one large walrus looking creature with a lower flipper where you expect one to be on a walrus and then something that looks like another flipper or arm like appendage further up which is pointing. Since I looked at it this morning and spent more time I can see that I over estimated the length of its 'arm' due to a line of black in the background looking like part of its arm.

I do very much agree that the top half looks a similar colour to the background cliff/mountain but it is, in my opinion, a different colour. The mountain looks much more blue, grey, and some grey/brown. The creature on the other hand looks 2 tone, the bottom half being a very dark brownish colour that is pretty much what I would expect a wet walrus to look like, the top 'upright' part is lighter brown, like a dry walrus skin would look like, there in much more brown in it than the background.

But I do agree that the low quality of the picture is not helping matters.

When I get a chance I'll try drawing around what I think I'm seeing and you lot can tell me what you think. To be honest the whole thing is pretty subjective, i might also try contacting the owner of the photo and seeing if he has a higher resolution picture.

I've just also noticed that the tail end of it appears to have a completely flat underside that looks like it is suspended a few inches above the rock below it. That seems unnatural and unlikely. So I'm gonna stare at it longer and let my sleep depraved (I'm currently 3 days into a manic episode of bi-polar) mind come up with even more illogical conclusions.

• Like 1

40 hours a week!!?

^^^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^

• Like 3

How about Hand Stand Sealosaurus? Could be a goer ya'know!

• Like 1

The animal is not a walrus. They only in the northern hemisphere. The animal in question is an elephant seal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elephant_seal

The name of the island is due to the presence of elephant seals. I first heard about the place when I read about Shackleton's trip to the Antarctic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elephant_Island

• Like 2

I think the 40 hour part was a joke or something

Thats a walrus bro sorry

• Like 1

Perhaps the creature with the arm who can scale great rocks explains how the Mt Rushmore-like figures got carved into the mountain face (the top-right of the pix.) Otherwise how would we explain the sea lion/seal face and the penguin sculpture... Aliens?

post-145966-0-56121600-1426956714_thumb.

• Like 1

I am more interested as to why the penguins are paying homage to the statue of General MacArthur ? :unsure2:

• Like 1

The animal is not a walrus. They only in the northern hemisphere. The animal in question is an elephant seal.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Elephant_seal

The name of the island is due to the presence of elephant seals. I first heard about the place when I read about Shackleton's trip to the Antarctic.

http://en.wikipedia....Elephant_Island

Damn it. You beat me to it. By about a whole day. :cry:

I'd agree that this is optical illusion and an elephant seal.

I am more interested as to why the penguins are paying homage to the statue of General MacArthur ? :unsure2:

Holy Cow!! - you are right, those penguins are paying homage to a statue of Gen MacArthur - why is there a statue there? - and more importantly, why is The Elephant Island Walrus Beast summoning The Mighty Penguin Army?

BEST - Ron

• Like 2

according to google, it is a bust of Capt Luis Pardo, the captain of the ship Yelcho who rescued the remaining stranded members of the Ernest Shackleton expedition

BEST - Ron

• Like 2

Although this is an elephant seal on Elephant Island I'd still like to give a big thumbs up to the OP, George Ford, because they took the time to look around. I remember when I read Shackleton's book a long time ago. I recall them landing on the island. I did not know there was a photo of the place online. Imagine those explorers making it here and trying to eke out a life hoping for a rescue.

• Like 1

Although this is an elephant seal on Elephant Island I'd still like to give a big thumbs up to the OP, George Ford, because they took the time to look around. I remember when I read Shackleton's book a long time ago. I recall them landing on the island. I did not know there was a photo of the place online. Imagine those explorers making it here and trying to eke out a life hoping for a rescue.

Incredible story.

I'm guessing you're seeing the elongated snout of a bull elephant seal.

3275041222_e116e9bcd3_z.jpg