Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 4 votes

Nurse who put Aussie prank call thru,dead

• Please log in to reply
205 replies to this topic

#121    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 10 December 2012 - 09:43 AM, said:

Here is the interview withe DJs just aired tonight
http://news.ninemsn....-breaks-silence

Thanks for sharing this video, I sat through it, I feel it helped

It seems the girl Mel, was more cut up about this situation, she even feels she was part of the death . I can fully understand why she feels she is.. I too would feel I was part of it if I was playing the prank...  Even if the nurse had not of died and just faced a bit of trouble over it, I'd say the DJ's would most likely still feel bad over it...  I know I would feel bad if I played a prank and found later it caused trouble.. They way I would see it is,  if I hadn't played the prank, I wouldn't be hearing of any trouble that followed... People with morals, and who like to take responsibility for their own actions, will feel they are part of any terrible outcome, it's only natural

If you can remember from watching that video interview, the DJ's said that the process is taken into other hands to review it before allowing it to go further.. So, whoever took the recording from the DJ's, has reviewed it ( obviously ) and thought yes lets do this.. YET the DJ's are the ones facing the flack over the entire thing... Is that fair?  I think not  I feel the higher authorities who reviewed this prank call before it got out, should face the music..Putting the full blame on to the DJ's is effing cowardly.... I wondered why their station said, that the DJ's were suspended until further notice?  Now I know why, because the station knows they too are to blame, yet they allow their two DJ's to take the fall

Honestly I stand by my original position - that nurse did not commit suicide

It was not as yet confirmed as a suicide, yet so many seem to call it without the facts released ..  I find it hard to believe she took her own life... I am just guessing, but as the death is pegged  ( until further notice ) as unexplained.. I said in answer to a previous Lava Ladys post in ref to the death being unexplained, ( can be read in post 86 )  I feel she may not have taken her own life, that it could have been the stress and grief, that could very well cause heart trouble and it gave way.. This is known to happen to so many people...  If I am wrong, so be it.. but for now, I feel it may not be what so many think it is

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 10 December 2012 - 02:16 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#122    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,057 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

What she ^^^ said.

#123    TheLastLazyGun

TheLastLazyGun

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  • Location:The edge of the West Pennine Moors, Northern England

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

IMO, they need to be extraditied from OZ to the UK and they should face some form of justice for what they did, even if it's just an apology to the victims they need to atone for this..

Just think, their great-great-grandparents were convicts, too.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun, 10 December 2012 - 02:35 PM.

#124    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

The new buzz is,should they be prosecuted for a crime ,in the nurses death .
Suicide is yet to be determined .
As much as I think they were idiots,that's going a bit too far .
Then every person who has a former significant other commit suicide if they break up ,should also be prosecuted for a death.
It's just not applicable ,in ky opinion .

As for exploiting the royal family ,well that's a whole other crime . Can't feel sympathy there .

Miss me?

#125    Insaniac

Insaniac

Psychic Spy

• 1,060 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:22 PM

People need to stop using Jacintha's possible mental issues as an excuse for why the DJ's shouldn't be punished, though.

Hope this situation heals.

"He is wise in heart and mighty in strength. Who has hardened their heart against Him, and succeeded"? ~ Job 9:4

#126    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

http://www.dailymail...s_campaign=1490

http://www.bangkokpo...-uk-nurse-death
She was from India

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 10 December 2012 - 04:00 PM.

Miss me?

#127    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ, 2222

• 2,453 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:28 PM

View PostlibstaK, on 10 December 2012 - 09:43 AM, said:

Here is the interview withe DJs just aired tonight
http://news.ninemsn....-breaks-silence

Honestly I stand by my original position - that nurse did not commit suicide just because of this prank phone call, her part in it was all of 15 seconds where she barely strung a sentence together before putting the call through to the nurse in Kate's ward.

There is simply no way she could feel responsible for putting the call through to the level she "apparently" did unless she was grilled or raked over the coals by the hospital admin or fellow co-workers over it, perhaps even bullied or demeaned, she clearly felt far more powerfully depressed over this incident than it could have warranted just as an event on it's own.  The public statements of "she had our support" from the hospital are simply butt covering BS.

That was a very interesting interview.. thanks for posting it.  

It was never their intention to cause such harm, it never is..
I still stand by what I said, that they should atone for what they did, even if it means going to the UK and apologising.. That public interview goes a long way towards achieving that, I really hope they can find it in their hearts to forgive themselves for their part in this circus..

But what I found most interesting was that the desicion to air the prank was not theirs. The station bosses have a LOT to answer for..

If any good is to come from this whole affair, it should be that prank calls are banned..

#128    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• 1,516 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:48 PM

View PostProfessor T, on 10 December 2012 - 07:28 PM, said:

That was a very interesting interview.. thanks for posting it.  

It was never their intention to cause such harm, it never is..
I still stand by what I said, that they should atone for what they did, even if it means going to the UK and apologising.. That public interview goes a long way towards achieving that, I really hope they can find it in their hearts to forgive themselves for their part in this circus..

But what I found most interesting was that the desicion to air the prank was not theirs. The station bosses have a LOT to answer for..

If any good is to come from this whole affair, it should be that prank calls are banned..
Why don't we ban freedom of speech and freedom of expression as well,all very PC.

Tragic it is,over reaction it is as well.The world still turns.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#129    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 21,917 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:26 PM

View Postshaddow134, on 10 December 2012 - 07:48 PM, said:

Why don't we ban freedom of speech and freedom of expression as well,all very PC.

You don’t have to be PC, only engage common sense.
Pranks are all right, as long as you ****en ask the victims of your pranks if you can air it.
I guess “I’ll kill myself if you do” means “no”, but they didn’t bother to ask.

The world still turns, yes, but it’s becoming more like overpopulated zoo with more technology and less civilization.

Posted Image

The 5 millionth post was Junior Chubb's fault :D
Donnie Darko did nothing, but I had to mention him too.

#130    shaddow134

shaddow134

Psychic Spy

• 1,516 posts

• "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:33 PM

View PostHelen of Annoy, on 10 December 2012 - 08:26 PM, said:

You don’t have to be PC, only engage common sense.
Pranks are all right, as long as you ****en ask the victims of your pranks if you can air it.
I guess “I’ll kill myself if you do” means “no”, but they didn’t bother to ask.

The world still turns, yes, but it’s becoming more like overpopulated zoo with more technology and less civilization.
Oh well Life's a b**** ...........

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#131    Doctor manhattan

Doctor manhattan

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 147 posts

• What progress we are making. In the Middle Ages they would have burned me. Now they are content with burning my books.
    -sigmund frued

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:54 AM

View PostBeckys_Mom, on 09 December 2012 - 09:27 PM, said:

According to the article I posted..... it read..->. Greig and Christian face possible extradition to the UK after Scotland Yard contacted Aussie police to say they may want to interview the DJs.
i'm almost positive the police at scotland yard will pull some charges out of there ass and then give them the maximum penalty, if the dont get lynched on the way there that is.....

Edited by Doctor manhattan, 11 December 2012 - 04:56 AM.

#132    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:01 AM

What a bloody mess this has turned out to be!!!

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#133    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:11 AM

View Postshaddow134, on 10 December 2012 - 07:48 PM, said:

Well you can let us know,when it happens to you .Karmas a b**** ?
It's illegal in most places to not ask permission to air stuff like this ,especially given it involved a monarch ,and it was done to them without their knowledge .
Here in the USA ,they MUST SAY ,you are on the air now .If they decline to be hear ,conversation over.
They would be in jail now,if it had been the USA,and one of the presidents kids. I dare say its the same in Canada .

Miss me?

#134    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,536 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:21 AM

It's already been acknowledged that the two radio DJ's are publicly charged with impersonating another individual in order to obtain confidential information.  Perhaps this case will set a president for future obstructions.  What shouldn't be under review right now is freedom of expression rights.  Let the law run it's course and protect liberty at all costs.

Edited by acidhead, 11 December 2012 - 06:22 AM.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#135    Sunny Day

Sunny Day

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 192 posts

• Learn, wonder, smile...

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:25 AM

I may have ruffled a few fellow Aussies when I said I was ashamed to be Australian this weekend. I apologise for that.  Clearly there are many many good people that live here and much to be proud of.  I posted when I was bit emotional and het up. :blush:  

This weekend was getting to me not just because of the DJ's situation, but also the silly video our Prime Minister put out about the end of the world.  Also my frustration partly lies with the fact that my parents made the big move from England to Australia many years ago to get a to a better place and a better life for my family.  There's also other things going on in my world ATM that are clearly influencing my feelings (aren't there always? I hear you say..)  

Anyway, back on topic... The feeling I'm getting now is that the managers and decision makers at 2Day FM are starting to feel some heat.  They said that they tried to contact the hospital 5 times before it went to air (to get permission I guess but that's never actually been clearly stated).  Now the hospital is saying this ain't the case.

It will be a good thing if 'prank' or 'gotcha' calls are sent to the bin of history.  Things might be different in other countries but I don't think it's being too PC to expect these to go the way of the dodo.

This is from our gov. website
Freedom of speech

Australians are free, within the bounds of the law, to say or write what we think privately or publicly, about the government, or about any topic. We do not censor the media and may criticise the government without fear of arrest. Free speech comes from facts, not rumours, and the intention must be constructive, not to do harm. There are laws to protect a person's good name and integrity against false information. There are laws against saying or writing things to incite hatred against others because of their culture, ethnicity or background. Freedom of speech is not an excuse to harm others.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users