Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

New Chat Server, Client & Instructions

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#31    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,036 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 20 February 2002 - 11:58 AM

Dowdy,

The server we're on is VIP Net - it's a private UK server with fairly up to date server software.

Good to hear most of you have now managed to get into the chat one way or the other.  ;D If anyone has any difficulties remember to let me know and I will be happy to help.

I will also be releasing a multimedia addon for the mIRC program in the near future, which will include some new sounds, some colourful popups and other bits and pieces for you to try out in the room. I'll post more about that when I've done it, so keep your eyes peeled.

#32    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 20 February 2002 - 08:37 PM

SaRuMaN!
       I feel like I'm a rat in a maze,  I keep running into walls!! :s01
       I got on mIRC,  then when the list came up,  the #unexplained was not on it.  So I typed it in the blank at the top,  then pushed the LIGHTNING BOLT at the top and went into a room.....an empty room.  So I guess I managed to not run into a WALL,  but I must be in the wrong room.  Help!  The window of opportunity is fast closing!!  What did I do wrong? ???

KC (Hello? >  hello? > hello?>

"Science may have found a cure for most evils;  but it has
         found no remedy for the worst of them all --- the apathy of human beings."
                                                     Helen Keller

#33    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,036 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 20 February 2002 - 09:03 PM

Nora,

Here's a single-shot way of getting onto the server.

Open the program, close the window that comes up, then in the long white strip at the bottom of the screen type in

/server chatnet.dnsalias.com:6667

then when its connected
type

/join #unexplained

that should get you in  :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users