Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Idaho inmates: The beer made us do it

idaho beer inmates keith allen brown

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 37,795 posts

• Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 05 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

Keith Allen Brown shot a man to death in Priest Lake five years ago, leading to a 15-year prison sentence. But the 52-year-old says his problems started long before that, when he was just a boy and tasted alcohol for the first time.

Brown and four other inmates at Idaho’s Kuna facility are suing major beer companies, blaming their crimes on alcoholism and claiming that the companies are responsible because they don’t warn consumers that their products are addictive.

http://www.idahostat...e-me-do-it.html

Posted Image

#2    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,373 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

An interesting case.  It will be interesting to see if he prevails, I'm betting no.

#3    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

At face value an interesting case. Certainly a worthwhile lawsuit. Let the evidence speak for itself.

#4    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,707 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:59 AM

And once again, we have people who won't take responsibility for their actions.....isn't that one of the conditions for parole?

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

#5    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,686 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:01 AM

I doubt the lawsuit will see the light of day.

But it makes me think of the time I gave 3 pennies (because that's all the cash I had) to a homeless man holding a sign on the corner that read:  I need beer. Please help.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#6    Hasina

Hasina

Maximillion Hotpocket Puckershuttle

• 3,046 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:44 AM

WAIT. A DWI driver can also use this defense, if he hadn't of been drunk, he wouldn't have wanted to drive.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#7    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,256 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:39 AM

Well, if you can't do the time don't drink!

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#8    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

• Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:22 AM

I drank alcohol before I was a kid and not in prison... oh wait because I use self-control to make sure I don't hurt anybody other then myself to avoid prison.(even though I like it, I drink very rarely now because it would have more of a chance to cause problems in my life, although when I have the time I do like myself a party)  If it became a problem, I would get help before I hurt somebody else. If they actually win this lawsuit I'd be quite sad with society today.

Seriously if you have no self-control and hurt other people just because you have no self-control you deserve to be in prison.

#9    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,373 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

View PostHasina, on 06 January 2013 - 04:44 AM, said:

WAIT. A DWI driver can also use this defense, if he hadn't of been drunk, he wouldn't have wanted to drive.

No, this man's point is different.  He's saying he started too early in life, and that was beyond his control somehow.  I see his point, but the system will reject it because the system's purpose is to protect industry.

#10    Hasina

Hasina

• 3,046 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 06 January 2013 - 06:38 PM, said:

No, this man's point is different.  He's saying he started too early in life, and that was beyond his control somehow.  I see his point, but the system will reject it because the system's purpose is to protect industry.
Yeah, cause he couldn't be bothered to stop buying it, or go to AA.

Edited by Hasina, 06 January 2013 - 06:40 PM.

Posted Image

~MEH~

#11    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 06 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

I believe the argument will be alcohol is a known addictive substance and is not regulated enough. With the known side effects of alcohol consumption......well.....Ive seen stupider cases before.

#12    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,366 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

When he was getting alcohol as a kid I wonder who he was getting it from and where were his parents in this.  Too many people want to blame everything and everyone but themselves.

#13    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,459 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

View PostHilander, on 07 January 2013 - 12:01 AM, said:

When he was getting alcohol as a kid I wonder who he was getting it from and where were his parents in this.  Too many people want to blame everything and everyone but themselves.
All criminals blame everyone but themselves, it is what gives them the licence in their mind to act as they do.  The nature of the criminal mind is to divert responsibility and deny responsibility for their actions.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#14    Hasina

Hasina

• 3,046 posts

• JINKIES

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

View PostHasina, on 06 January 2013 - 04:44 AM, said:

Posted Image

~MEH~

#15    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,460 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

A few years ago here in Victoria, BC Canada a young man stabbed his best friend with a knife and killed him.  His excuse was he blacked out from the alcohol.  The court heard he had a history of blacking out and behaving violently.  He didn't get a long prison sentence and is out on the streets today.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users