Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

Ginger giants

giants red hair cave

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1    rager84

rager84

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:47 AM

I remember hearing or reading a story a while ago about a race of red haired giants living in a cave in what I believe was the American southwest. From the few details I can recall apparently the supposed giants used to do battle with and even eat the Native American tribes that lived in the area at the time. The only other detail I can remember is that supposedly the Native Americans boarded up the entrance to the cave and smoked the giants to death. Is anyone else familier with this story, or heard anything similiar? Any info would be appreciated (:

#2    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

• WRATH

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:58 AM

?

http://ironlight.wor...-haired-giants/

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

#3    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:21 AM

I have read about the same thing,though i have also read about these red haired giants across several different countries in the past.A giant though meant only 7 to 8 feet.Not sure about any validity.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#4    Everdred

Everdred

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:51 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Si-Te-Cah

http://en.wikipedia....irit_Cave_mummy

http://frontiers-of-...cave-mummy.html

Lovelock Cave and Spirit Cave are two sites in western Nevada that may be associated with the legend.  Lovelock Cave is a more recent site, but it's difficult to substantiate what exactly was originally found there.  Spirit Cave was better excavated and yielded the interesting find of a mummy dating c. 11.5kya.  Examiners suggested it was similar to the Kennewick Man, bearing caucasoidal features and resembling Ainu and Europeans.

#5    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• 1,565 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:30 AM

View PostEverdred, on 14 February 2013 - 06:51 AM, said:

http://en.wikipedia....irit_Cave_mummy

http://frontiers-of-...cave-mummy.html

Lovelock Cave and Spirit Cave are two sites in western Nevada that may be associated with the legend.  Lovelock Cave is a more recent site, but it's difficult to substantiate what exactly was originally found there.  Spirit Cave was better excavated and yielded the interesting find of a mummy dating c. 11.5kya.  Examiners suggested it was similar to the Kennewick Man, bearing caucasoidal features and resembling Ainu and Europeans.

If you run across anything on the red haired people found in china years ago,please post the link do not think they were giants though thanks.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#6    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Omnipotent Entity

• 9,167 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:47 AM

No, but I have heard that gingers don't have souls.

#7    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• 1,565 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:53 AM

View PostRlyeh, on 14 February 2013 - 07:47 AM, said:

No, but I have heard that gingers don't have souls.

LMAO ok cartman haha no offense one of my favorite characters of all time!

#8    xxxch00bxxx

xxxch00bxxx

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 23 posts

• There is one thing i do know is that i know nothing

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:12 AM

Us ginger giants still exist im 6"8 maybe not 12 ft but close enough

#9    Everdred

Everdred

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:12 AM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 14 February 2013 - 07:30 AM, said:

If you run across anything on the red haired people found in china years ago,please post the link do not think they were giants though thanks.

I believe you're talking about these:

http://en.wikipedia....m_Basin_mummies

#10    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:50 AM

And yet, a written report by James H. Hart, the first of two miners to excavate the cave in the fall of 1911, recalls that in the north-central part of the cave, about four feet deep, "was a striking looking body of a man “six feet six inches tall.” His body was mummified and his hair distinctly red."

6ft6', tall yes, giant hardly.

Also, I should point out that hair pigment is not stable after death and that various factors such as temperature, soil, etc. can turn ancient very dark hair rusty red or orange.

It doesn't account for the red-haired peoples traditions, but that can be dyed hair or coloring as well.

Edited by TheSearcher, 14 February 2013 - 08:52 AM.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#11    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,066 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:19 PM

View Postrager84, on 14 February 2013 - 05:47 AM, said:

I remember hearing or reading a story a while ago about a race of red haired giants living in a cave in what I believe was the American southwest. From the few details I can recall apparently the supposed giants used to do battle with and even eat the Native American tribes that lived in the area at the time. The only other detail I can remember is that supposedly the Native Americans boarded up the entrance to the cave and smoked the giants to death. Is anyone else familier with this story, or heard anything similiar? Any info would be appreciated (:

Welcome rager , I found a little info ... The Paiute called them the Si-Te-Cah.

http://www.sydhav.no.../lovelock.htm  
Dental model Attached File  lovelock_kjeve.jpg   5.73K   16 downloads
One person that can tell, and show us, how large the skulls are is Stan Nielsen, he went to find the cave and the skull in the museum:
"Prior to a subsequent trip to the area, I borrowed a full-sized plaster dental model of the lower teeth of a normal modern adult from a friend, who was also my dentist. I took the plaster model with me when I next visited the area, in the hopes
that I would be able to compare it with the jaw
from one of the "giants." As I had hoped, the curator at the Winnemucca museum graciously allowed me to compare the plaster model with the jaw from the skull of one of the "giants" in the museum's collection. She placed the jaw down on her desk. I was allowed to place my plaster adult jaw next to jaw from the skull for purposes of comparison. The plaster model was much smaller than the jaw from the skull. In fact, the teeth of the jaw from the skull were almost twice the size of those of my plaster model. There were other factors , too, that distinguished it from today's humans."

http://www.freerepub...s/1027699/posts

Edited by lightly, 14 February 2013 - 01:22 PM.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#12    rager84

rager84

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:30 AM

Rite on, thanks!

#13    lakeview rud

lakeview rud

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 242 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:09 PM

Regarding the Si-Te-Cah, in the not too distant past this would have been just a story or legend told by the local native Americans.  Now with carbon dating and DNA analysis techniques we can actually get a handle on these people provided we have some decent bones or teeth.  There are several DNA experts who frequent this site who may comment.  To me its a matter of getting decent samples and doing a good job of testing.  Done and done.  (Someone just has to pay for it!) I sure hope this happens as stuff about early people in the Americas fascinates me!

#14    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

I heard that the red hair gene is dying out.

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#15    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,406 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:45 PM

There are alot of interesting things about giants on stevequayle.com.  Incase you're one of those that can't stand any type of religios reference in your reading, much of his research is related to nephilim the giants from the bible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users