Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I can't explain this orb photo

bustacrab

I for one don't think that orbs are very interesting in the first place and can usually rule them out as simply "dust reflections". They're so prevalent in photos that they really can't be considered anomalies anymore. The interesting thing about this particular photo is that the orb seen in the french doors is actually <i>outside</i> the doors, but that's not even the strange part. The strange part is that the orb is BEHIND a slat of wood with its center covered. Since dust particles are small, it would stand to reason that when looking at one in a photo the direct center of the orb would be where the actual dust particle is.... roughly.

My question is this, if the center of the orb is covered up, how did the light reflect off the dust particle and create the circular image? If in fact light was reflecting off of a dust particle in the first place from behind the camera's direct view how could it still create a circular image.

Are orbs simply the result of errors in calculations within the camera's processor?

I can't really swallow the idea that "orbs" are manifestations of spiritual energy.... I Just can't buy that.....

post-58997-1197740557_thumb.jpg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NoahJaymes

• Syntax

• Carnation

• FootBeef

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like dust to me. The dust is either on the lens or very close to it. It appears to be behind the slat but if you look closely you can see its over it.

Edited by FootBeef

I have lightened this shot and it shows that it is over the slat and not behind it . you can see clearly the whole outline of the orb . even in your original pic you can see the difference in colour on the door frame . if you look closely

post-57917-1197741643_thumb.jpg

Edited by spiritual_soul79

Definately dust. Especially since it looks like some construction work is being done in that room or at least being used as preparation for work.

I for one don't think that orbs are very interesting in the first place and can usually rule them out as simply "dust reflections". They're so prevalent in photos that they really can't be considered anomalies anymore. The interesting thing about this particular photo is that the orb seen in the french doors is actually <i>outside</i> the doors, but that's not even the strange part. The strange part is that the orb is BEHIND a slat of wood with its center covered. Since dust particles are small, it would stand to reason that when looking at one in a photo the direct center of the orb would be where the actual dust particle is.... roughly.

My question is this, if the center of the orb is covered up, how did the light reflect off the dust particle and create the circular image? If in fact light was reflecting off of a dust particle in the first place from behind the camera's direct view how could it still create a circular image.

Are orbs simply the result of errors in calculations within the camera's processor?

I can't really swallow the idea that "orbs" are manifestations of spiritual energy.... I Just can't buy that.....

I think it is a reflection from the chandeleir.

I think it is a reflection from the chandeleir.

This is the first thing I thought of as well. Surely all those facets of reflective glass are bouncing around all kinds of reflections from that flash?

Left over dust from renovating or it could be that bigger glass of the nice chandeleir. Beautiful house btw. Any history of the home? Three orbs in a picture is rare…unless it’s really dusty. Set a camera towards up the chandeleir some morning(0300-0600). Orbs to me/us is very misleading but keep up with the interest of ghosts/paranormal. The chandeleir might move..

post-64418-1197841276_thumb.jpgYep it definately is an orb and there is another one on the wall to the left and also a little one near the floor.

And no three orbs in a picture is not rare you'd be amazed at how many orbs you can see once you lighten a picture sometimes. But yes the orb is infront of the door, not behind.

post-64418-1197842482_thumb.jpg

This is the first thing I thought of as well. Surely all those facets of reflective glass are bouncing around all kinds of reflections from that flash?

Agreed

I must say, each thread seems to be subjective.

I've seen orbs that look similar to that given a decent amount of credence around here.

and they shouldnt be

well, as much as I don't find much illumination on the subject of orbs, it's someone's free will to find something more intriguing about them than simple dust reflections.

I was merely making an observation.

Different day.. different orb!!! :whistle::whistle::whistle: