Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Five Evidences that Jesus Could Have Survived

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#91    Ben Masada

Ben Masada

Poltergeist

• 2,589 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

View PostWoIverine, on 04 February 2013 - 07:36 PM, said:

Nails driven through major arteries for extended periods of time...the loss of nearly every ounce of blood. I don't think it's possible to survive that (in human form) with the level of medicine available at that time.

I have got to remind you that I am not asserting that Jesus survived the cross; only that the probability is there. Therefore, faith
is necessary to make it 100% that he did die on the cross. But we must be aware that he was not the only Jew to be crucified. And Josphus wrote that it was not uncommon that many lingered on the cross for days even up to three of four still alive. Since Jesus was taken off his cross after a few hours, the probability is there that he survived.

Ben

#92    Ben Masada

Ben Masada

Poltergeist

• 2,589 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

View PostZaphod222, on 05 February 2013 - 04:18 AM, said:

Of course. Whats your point?

That I don't wonder anymore why almost a thousand of the faithfuls of Jim Jones went down in a forced massive suicide. The word is faith.

Ben

#93    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,717 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

View PostBen Masada, on 06 February 2013 - 07:55 PM, said:

I have got to remind you that I am not asserting that Jesus survived the cross; only that the probability is there. Therefore, faith
is necessary to make it 100% that he did die on the cross. But we must be aware that he was not the only Jew to be crucified. And Josphus wrote that it was not uncommon that many lingered on the cross for days even up to three of four still alive. Since Jesus was taken off his cross after a few hours, the probability is there that he survived.

Ben

Yeah, but most were not crucified with nails. Their hands and feet were supposedly tied to their crosses.

Edited by WoIverine, 07 February 2013 - 03:42 PM.

#94    regeneratia

regeneratia

Government Agent

• 3,831 posts
  • Location:All my posts are my own views, my own perceptions. Will not be finding links for why I think the way I do.

• It is time to put the big guns down now, Little Boys!

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:41 AM

View PostParanoid Android, on 05 February 2013 - 06:14 AM, said:

I haven't read the book, but according to this, the quote you just made from Pope Leo X is on the front cover.  Any book that would have a quote known to be fictitious on the front cover, and yet claims to hold historical fact.... well, I have a feeling it's more sensationalism than history.

[font=VERDANA]Does that cover the basics of the Bible Fraud?  I read that, and at first I lol'd, and then my head exploded.  In that order.

~ PA

If you have a problem with sensationalism, certainly do NOT read the christian bible.

I have no remedy for a head capable of exploding.

Truth is such a rare quality, a stranger so seldom met in this civilization of fraud, that it is never received freely, but must fight its way into the world
Professor Hilton Hotema
(quote from THE BIBLE FRAUD)

Robert Heinlein: SECRECY IS THE HALLMARK OF TYRANNY!

#95    Ben Masada

Ben Masada

Poltergeist

• 2,589 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

View PostWoIverine, on 07 February 2013 - 03:32 PM, said:

Yeah, but most were not crucified with nails. Their hands and feet were supposedly tied to their crosses.

You can check any Roman Historian about the method used to crucify rebels throughout the Roman Empire. The method was uniform. They would never use a different method at crucifixion but the nailed one to hands and feet. There is not a single instance that they used cords to tie a condemned one to the cross. Not the Romans and they were the ones in Israel. Josephus, a Historian addict to the details, does not mention a single case
of the sort.

Ben

Edited by Ben Masada, 08 February 2013 - 09:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users